BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 18/4/22

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Stoke 1-0 with Maja to score.

I'm still amazed TM didn't get Maja.

4 goals in 28 games. Rarely fucking scores, good enough for me says Tony.

He'd have had him playing on right back ahead of Nyambe.

Just now, Nuttall is lost said:

This on RoversTV?  The website is shit.  Doesnt appear to be but should be according to the EFL rules as its not on tv

I just bought a match ticket for todays match but agree the interface is horrible. Usually takes 2-3 times to log in before the options to subscribe appear.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Giles apparently has just not been selected according to Rich Sharpe. He has been shit to be fair since he signed.

Saw him in either his first game for us or one of his first games and he put in some terrific balls.

Cue Tony to p1ss him about by playing him out of position and now, IMO, we have a p1ssed off player.  You can't really blame Giles.

Think we have a real clown as a manager. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Saw him in either his first game for us or one of his first games and he put in some terrific balls.

Cue Tony to p1ss him about by playing him out of position and now, IMO, we have a p1ssed off player.

Think we have a real clown as a manager. 

9 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Almost as if he's a left back who keeps getting thrown onto the right wing.

He played left back against bottom of the league on Friday and was worse there than Amari'i Bell. Lost the ball more times than he made a pass!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Giles apparently has just not been selected according to Rich Sharpe. He has been shit to be fair since he signed.

I don’t really blame the lad to be honest. 10 assists at Cardiff - largely at LWB - then Tony starts playing him RW. Imagine he can’t wait to get back to Wolves.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Cue Tony to p1ss him about by playing him out of position and now, IMO, we have a p1ssed off player.  You can't really blame Giles.

Giles was joint top of the assist charts with 9 in 21 appearances for Cardiff, before he was recalled, I believe. Looking at the clips, they were simple but effective crosses from the left or from corner kicks.

Our tactics, with a dimunitive lone No.10 don't suit Giles at all - even when in his favoured role. One loan spell doesn't prove too much but he could surely contribute more.

Mowbray's fantasy that Gallagher will arrive from the wing to head in at the far post just isn't happening.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

Pretty much last throw of the dice here I fear. Anything less than a win and it's season over I think. I very optimistically graded Mowbray as an 8 on the other thread assuming that we end up in the play offs at the end of the season. Looks like it'll be downgraded to somewhere between a 5 and a 6 if our form continues. But you never know, I will still be following the game hoping for a win and a playoff place at the end of the season.

No idea what will happen today, but we've got close to our strongest team on the pitch today. Not that it helped much over the last 2 months.....

1 minute ago, riverholmes said:

Giles was joint top of the assist charts with 9 in 21 appearances for Cardiff, before he was recalled, I believe. Looking at the clips, they were simple but effective crosses from the left or from corner kicks.

Our tactics, with a dimunitive lone No.10 don't suit Giles at all. One loan spell doesn't prove too much but he could surely contribute more.

The tit signed someone who is one of the best crossers of the ball in the Championship, and didn't sign anyone to be on the end of them. Then boasted about it in the local paper. What a crackpot.

• Like 1

Just had a lovely lunch, enjoying the sunshine and even more so a few Bowland beers (going through their great selection).  Everything seems great today so I've even put a few quid on a Rovers' win at just better than evens.  This miserable run has to end sometime and why not today.  Sadly, feels like my heart is ruling my head.

Just now, Mercer said:

Just had a lovely lunch, enjoying the sunshine and even more so a few Bowland beers (going through their great selection).  Everything seems great today so I've even put a few quid on a Rovers' win at just better than evens.  This miserable run has to end sometime and why not today.  Sadly, feels like my heart is ruling my head.

Well that's the final nail in it.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

As always!

It's stupid not playing GIles on the left now that we have Brereton back who can actually get on the end on one of his crosses. They might look simple, but will be effective if you just have a goddamn forward/striker in there!

I am also not to happy to see Johnson in midfield again. Rothwell might have been playing at 30% (kind I know) but that is still better than Johnson. Hope his one comes back to bite me in the...ummm....behind.

• Like 1

Just now, moerpho said:

It's stupid not playing GIles on the left now that we have Brereton back who can actually get on the end on one of his crosses.

It's absolutely ludicrous. We finally have Brereton back, along with Dack on the bench, and he drops the guy who can provide a killer cross.  And to make matters worse, no Buckley or Rothwell in midfield. Who provides the service?

When was the last time any of the others provided a decent cross or through ball?

He drops BOTH midfielders who can provide a decent pass, but keeps Gallagher in the team who somehow manages to have a remarkably shit game even when he scores.

Well done Tony, you've earned your corn this week as well.

• Like 4