BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (h) - 18/4/22

20 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

That’s harsh. He’s a skilful player with a good eye for a pass. He has a lot of ability. It’s not his fault the manager is playing him in a ludicrous position to which he isn’t suited. I don’t know what Mowbray is playing at.

The Buckley I saw at Peterborough was completely different to the Buckley from earlier in the season. He looked totally lacking in confidence and has obviously been badly affected by being constantly messed around by Mowbray 

When you look at the successful run, Buckley was at the heart of it. He will make the team tick when used correctly and his vision is second to none at the club. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, lraC said:

When you look at the successful run, Buckley was at the heart of it. He will make the team tick when used correctly and his vision is second to none at the club. 

Luxury player, goes missing when chips are down and no longer a guaranteed starter.  Dolan is eclipsing him with England call ups and I don't rate Dolan.  Mogadon obviously thinks he's not good enough to be one of the first names on and he's always subbed off....not for me. 

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

That’s harsh. He’s a skilful player with a good eye for a pass. He has a lot of ability. It’s not his fault the manager is playing him in a ludicrous position to which he isn’t suited. I don’t know what Mowbray is playing at.

The Buckley I saw at Peterborough was completely different to the Buckley from earlier in the season. He looked totally lacking in confidence and has obviously been badly affected by being constantly messed around by Mowbray 

It's a 46 game season  Jim...he has regressed from earlier in the season.  Now he's on the bench a lot

4 minutes ago, lraC said:

he needs to be in the middle of the park,good passer of the ball and good vision,his tackling has come on as well,however he can`t shoot,hold the ball up or finish,totally unsuited to be a advanced player in the hole,typical mowbray

• Like 7

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers have got today's match day prices all wrong again. 

Its should 15 pounds all areas for adults and get fans back today. Its a bank holiday and good day to attract fans in today with the correct pricing policy but charging 25 pounds plus is wrong again. 

Today should be ideal time to get people interested in coming to Ewood Park again. 

TBH Chris I wouldn't go if it was free admission!

I know a number of people who feel exactly the same way.

Personally, I've had enough of Mowbray and, IMO, his managerial shenanigans and I wont be at Ewood again until he's gone.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Luxury player, goes missing when chips are down and no longer a guaranteed starter.  Dolan is eclipsing him with England call ups and I don't rate Dolan.  Mogadon obviously thinks he's not good enough to be one of the first names on and he's always subbed off....not for me. 

Mogadon chose Bennett at full back, at the expense of Nayambe, plays Gallagher every week, in the wrong position, thought Edun was good enough to start on Friday and has presided over a horrendous run for the last 2 seasons.

I don’t fancy myself as a better manager, don’t get me wrong, but my own eyes and experience watching football for over 50 years, tells me John Buckley is a very good player.

I would not disagree about his consistency, but would state all day long he is a quality player,

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Aye, but when a team is doing well, luxury players are often the ones that are making the difference and able to stand out. At the moment Rovers can't even field bread and butter players, so a luxury player like Buckley (who is a fantastic passer on his day) feels like posh toilet roll when you've got dysentery.

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he needs to be in the middle of the park,good passer of the ball and good vision,his tackling has come on as well,however he can`t shoot,hold the ball up or finish,totally unsuited to be a advanced player in the hole,typical mowbray

As mentioned elsewhere it worked for a while because he was so good at pressing and winning the ball back in that advanced role. Could never really do the stuff you highlighted though so never actually a false 9 looks a far better footballer playing deeper.

As the season has gone on he's looked lost and for me doesn't put enough effort in at times so i understand him being dropped. Just like a few others though he needs a proper position that suits what he has an where he can grow into it. That never happens at Rovers in this era they are more concerned with trying to get them to do what they can't.

• Like 1

Its should 15 pounds all areas for adults and get fans back today. Its a bank holiday and good day to attract fans in today with the correct pricing policy but charging 25 pounds plus is wrong again. 

Today should be ideal time to get people interested in coming to Ewood Park again. 

Advised both my daughters that today's pricing is really not worth paying, first time I've ever done this in 30 years

Edited by blondie
wrong number

Shite, it really is all going tits up - I'm finding myself agreeing with Chaddy... !! 

And to think, for the want of a couple of points here or there, Ewood could have been rocking this afternoon. But instead it will be a painful reminder of what is, now that what might have been has been cynically and woefully spaffed away by the gurning chump and his band of ruinous halfwits.

Edited by Guest
I might not know anything about football (only 55 years watching Rovers, 25 years as a football referee y'know Gav) but I do know that my team is having its head held under water by eejits....

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As mentioned elsewhere it worked for a while because he was so good at pressing and winning the ball back in that advanced role. Could never really do the stuff you highlighted though so never actually a false 9 looks a far better footballer playing deeper.

As the season has gone on he's looked lost and for me doesn't put enough effort in at times so i understand him being dropped. Just like a few others though he needs a proper position that suits what he has an where he can grow into it. That never happens at Rovers in this era they are more concerned with trying to get them to do what they can't.

Exactly this. The manager playing him in a position that he is simply not suited to, has turned him from a first name on the team sheet to scapegoat number one. A proper manager will not only get a decent tune out of him, but will turn him into an opera singer.

No coincidence that it has coincided with our slump in form.

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

They found something that worked but strayed away from it then never went back to it.

That's the real issue.

Coupled with the fact the opposition have now sussed us out and there's no credible plan b.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

Exactly this. The manager playing him in a position that he is simply not suited to, has turned him into a first name on the team sheet to scapegoat number one. A proper manager will not only get a decent tune out of him, but will turn him into an opera singer.

To be fair, scapegoat number two.

He always subs Nyambe first. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

The lack of dissent towards Mowbray at Ewood is due to a combination of factors. Firstly, those who continued to buy season tickets throughout Venky’s tenure are those who want to watch Rovers regardless of the circumstances. I’m unashamedly in this camp and the people who surround me in the JW upper are probably the same. I can’t speak for the rest of the ground but I’m convinced the majority are there to support Rovers come hell or high water. Secondly, said people are less likely to attend away matches. This season, a supporter who has attended every home game has only witnessed 3 defeats (admittedly one being the worst in our history!). The home form has been good and even in the post Christmas slump we’re still picking up points only being defeated by Forest (ref from hell) and Bristol (robbed). The crowd aren’t going to turn on Mowbray under those circumstances as their football fare has been better than average at Ewood this season. The gutless collapses witnessed at Peterborough, Coventry, Sheff Utd, Reading, Swansea etc are not being taken into consideration by many. I’m not saying this is a good thing…far from it, but I think it’s a reality. This could be construed as apathy; there may be a hardcore group of fans who think: I’ve seen them win the league, league cup, play in Europe etc etc and therefore sit contented by the memories. There are many factors that have neutralised the home fan base. To summarise, away matches since Christmas I’ve had to endure…home games still give me hope. I still want Mowbray out mind 

Bloke behind me brought his grandsons to one of the last games - said it was a treat for them doing well at school. The rest of us chimed in "surely you mean they're being punished?"

Make no mistake, the vast majority that attend Ewood know we're being served up shite every week. They're just going to go because they're hardcore fans and are trying to keep the club alive.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You can't spend every other post slating Mowbray then use his team selection as a defence of your argument (your personal vendetta against Buckley).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bloke behind me brought his grandsons to one of the last games - said it was a treat for them doing well at school. The rest of us chimed in "surely you mean they're being punished?"

Make no mistake, the vast majority that attend Ewood know we're being served up shite every week. They're just going to go because they're hardcore fans and are trying to keep the club alive.

Had to think twice about going today myself. It's only the alternative of having to remove the old shower tray & put a new one in that's convinced me to go!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Managers and directors get an easy ride at Ewood these days. 

Think you've been around long enough to remember when the crowd knew a manager's time was up and feelings were well and truly vented both in the ground and in Nuttall Street and more often that not, it brought action.  These days I think most supporters just shrug their shoulders in Mowbrayesque fashion.

The supporters get the management team they generally deserve.

I see you've missed my point.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

TBH Chris I wouldn't go if it was free admission!

I know a number of people who feel exactly the same way.

Personally, I've had enough of Mowbray and, IMO, his managerial shenanigans and I wont be at Ewood again until he's gone.

Mowbray isn't the worst manager we had in my lifetime of being a Season Ticket holder and we had 4 much worst managers then him and any manager in the Rovers dugout wouldn't stop me attending games at Ewood Park. Just the same with the players. As the saying goes, the name on the front of the shirt is more important than the name on the back of the shirt. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m all for ticket deals, as I’m sure you lot are all aware of!

However, £15 or £25 won’t make a massive difference when on such a horrendous run. And we’ll see evidence of that with a pitiful take up of £10 tickets in a couple of weeks if we’ve mathematically fallen away by then…

Want to bet we'll see a repeat of the Man City promotion game at £10 a ticket?

If Bournemouth have anything about them they'll pack the ground for their promotion party. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray isn't the worst manager we had in my lifetime of being a Season Ticket holder and we had 4 much worst managers then him and any manager in the Rovers dugout wouldn't stop me attending games at Ewood Park. Just the same with the players. As the saying goes, the name on the front of the shirt is more important than the name on the back of the shirt. 

I look at it like this Chaddy - if they aren’t bothered, why should I be ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Want to bet we'll see a repeat of the Man City promotion game at £10 a ticket?

If Bournemouth have anything about them they'll pack the ground for their promotion party. 

man city are a massive club,always have been,bournemouth are tin pot village side with extremely limited support