BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I total agree with his last words of this video. nothing better than watching your team live in a stadium seting 

All this nonsense isn't going to convince anyone to renew.  Appoint a manager, set realistic pricing structures for season tickets, show a modicum of ambition in the transfer market. 

So far Rovers' communication this pre-season has been to acknowledge one or two birthdays, tell us the kit release date (amusingly an improvement on previous debacles), make a ridiculous excuse to extend the earlybird offer to mask woeful sales figures, and now these videos. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jimmy612 said:

All this nonsense isn't going to convince anyone to renew.  Appoint a manager, set realistic pricing structures for season tickets, show a modicum of ambition in the transfer market. 

So far Rovers' communication this pre-season has been to acknowledge one or two birthdays, tell us the kit release date (amusingly an improvement on previous debacles), make a ridiculous excuse to extend the earlybird offer to mask woeful sales figures, and now these videos. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns. 

I like listening to different people views on how they became a Rovers fan and what the clubs means to them. 

Like I have said that Rovers have shot themselves in the foot with pricing structures and should have been at least 100 pounds less. I posted what prices I would have set them at which was reasonable and sensible with good incentives. Plus should have taking into account the cost of living crisis aswell. We should have focus on getting more ST holders in the stadium. Then sensible prices in the club shop and food/drink prices would lead to increases in sales and profit cos people would be buying within the club and not going elsewhere

• Like 2

I was just reading in my paper that -  the latest Asda income tracker states that discretionary incomes for the under 30’s was down 26% in April compared with a year ago. Even for those aged 30 to 64 it was down 11%. That’ll have a bearing on peoples ability to purchase luxuries such as season tickets.

39 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was just reading in my paper that -  the latest Asda income tracker states that discretionary incomes for the under 30’s was down 26% in April compared with a year ago. Even for those aged 30 to 64 it was down 11%. That’ll have a bearing on peoples ability to purchase luxuries such as season tickets.

interesting figures there Tyrone. 

One of the reasons Rovers should have lower their ST prices for this coming season

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

interesting figures there Tyrone. 

One of the reasons Rovers should have lower their ST prices for this coming season

the marketing dept( whats left of it) and swag hav`nt got a clue about their target market,it`s shocking incompetence imo,season tickets and particularly walk on prices are far to high in an area with lowish income,add a potential  upcoming,uninspiring managerial appointment and ewood will be down to sub 10000 crowds next season

We were often at that sub 10k level pre the charge up the table last season. Midweek games were scraping just over 9k.

I certainly can’t see us selling more than last summer, so we’ll see it again, whereas the likes of Bolton and PNE will be packing their gaffs.

Still, ‘things are much improved’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the marketing dept( whats left of it) and swag hav`nt got a clue about their target market,it`s shocking incompetence imo,season tickets and particularly walk on prices are far to high in an area with lowish income,add a potential  upcoming,uninspiring managerial appointment and ewood will be down to sub 10000 crowds next season

Well Simon, what price would you charge? how you market the ST offers to people? target leaflet campaign in the Blackburn with Darwen area plus other areas like Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, etc for an example

This was my plan for prices of season tickets and match day tickets

I would be offering Season tickets in Blackburn End, family stand area and the Riverside stand for £300, Jack Walker for £350 if you purchase before End of May as an Early Bird offer. After May Those would increased to £340 and £390. This would be adults. Any child under the age of 11 would cos a pound for season ticket for all areas. between 11 and 16 would be £25. Between 16 to 21 would be £100 and for seniors my price would £120 for Blackburn End and Riverside stand, 140 pounds for the Jack Walker stand. Also for any fan who purchase a season ticket under the early bird scheme would get a 25% reduction on a Home or away shirt to be purchase before the end of October. Also any season ticket holder under the age of 16 or senior would receive a 50% reduction on Rovers hat, scarf and gloves set 

Match day prices would 15 pounds for midweek game but reduce to 10 pounds if you been to previous midweek game that season. Prices for weekend games would be 20 pounds but reduce to 15 pounds if you have been to previous weekend game that season. Also If any fan who has been to 5 games would receive a 20% of Rovers home or away shirt that season. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Simon, what price would you charge? how you market the ST offers to people? target leaflet campaign in the Blackburn with Darwen area plus other areas like Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, etc for an example

This was my plan for prices of season tickets and match day tickets

I would be offering Season tickets in Blackburn End, family stand area and the Riverside stand for £300, Jack Walker for £350 if you purchase before End of May as an Early Bird offer. After May Those would increased to £340 and £390. This would be adults. Any child under the age of 11 would cos a pound for season ticket for all areas. between 11 and 16 would be £25. Between 16 to 21 would be £100 and for seniors my price would £120 for Blackburn End and Riverside stand, 140 pounds for the Jack Walker stand. Also for any fan who purchase a season ticket under the early bird scheme would get a 25% reduction on a Home or away shirt to be purchase before the end of October. Also any season ticket holder under the age of 16 or senior would receive a 50% reduction on Rovers hat, scarf and gloves set 

Match day prices would 15 pounds for midweek game but reduce to 10 pounds if you been to previous midweek game that season. Prices for weekend games would be 20 pounds but reduce to 15 pounds if you have been to previous weekend game that season. Also If any fan who has been to 5 games would receive a 20% of Rovers home or away shirt that season. 

you should be in the marketing dept🙂the above is a perfect example of the club should be operating,at the moment there is zero effort to even attempt to get fans back into ewood

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you should be in the marketing dept🙂the above is a perfect example of the club should be operating,at the moment there is zero effort to even attempt to get fans back into ewood

One of the easiest ways of getting people into the ground, is to have a winning team on the pitch. People will part with money if they are getting value for it. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Well I did receive a Rovers leaflet about renewing my ST in the post about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I had already renewed by then. 

Very unpleasant wording from the Club talking about a "loyalty" deadline of 11th June.

Suggesting that you are loyal to the Club if you cough up your money between late April and early June but if you can't or won't renew during that time then you aren't loyal 

Most clubs have 'early bird' which rewards those paying early but doesn't differentiate between those loyal and those not.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Very unpleasant wording from the Club talking about a "loyalty" deadline of 11th June.

Suggesting that you are loyal to the Club if you cough up your money between late April and early June but if you can't or won't renew during that time then you aren't loyal 

Most clubs have 'early bird' which rewards those paying early but doesn't differentiate between those loyal and those not.

"Corry Evans is committed, are you?"

• Like 1

On 01/06/2022 at 12:33, Hannoverover said:

149 for a six game International ticket is a bit pricey. Assuming cost of a single adult ticket must be significantly more than 25 per game! Also only 3 cat A games allowed. Hannoverover will soon become Washingtonrover so it's not an option for me anyway. 

Is anyone else tempted?

I'm gonna get it. The price is fair and 6 matches is about right for the season. It also guarantees a Burnley ticket.

My only worry is it doesn't say anything about where the tickets are going to be. Obviously it will be a different seat for each game but I hope they don't just stick us on row 1 of the riverside or something.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Very real chance I won’t have a season ticket for the first time in years, spoke to my dad yesterday and due to missing a few games and some apathy neither of us have strong feelings about renewing, if we did renew it would purely be because we have decent seats at the moment  

• Like 1

Then you aren’t a real fan according to unsall, despite your decades of Rovers support (and many more for your dad).

But your post outlines perfectly how there are 8,000 ST holders, and there are also 8,000 sets of individual circumstances with all manner of things going into peoples’ decision each summer.

• Like 4

On 05/06/2022 at 19:45, JHRover said:

Many people won't put 'football loyalty' before feeding and clothing their families.

You reap what you sow with those prices Rovers.

• Like 2

I keep chewing over this. First I was somewhat despondent at the prices and the ensuing debacle of a manager search, and now I'm just worried about actually getting to a game. (Without being a big headed t*at) I earn a good salary and live in a nice house and could probably stomach the cost, but that coupled with the cost of everything else and most pertinently fuel (travelling over from Southport at soon to be £2 a litre diesel) makes it too much for me now.

I genuinely fear there will be  around 6k season tickets this season if nothing is done about the current pricing. If nothing else the price is actually embarrassing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigUts said:

I keep chewing over this. First I was somewhat despondent at the prices and the ensuing debacle of a manager search, and now I'm just worried about actually getting to a game. (Without being a big headed t*at) I earn a good salary and live in a nice house and could probably stomach the cost, but that coupled with the cost of everything else and most pertinently fuel (travelling over from Southport at soon to be £2 a litre diesel) makes it too much for me now.

I genuinely fear there will be  around 6k season tickets this season if nothing is done about the current pricing. If nothing else the price is actually embarrassing.

The train is cheap enough for Saturday games, I dont know what the service is like from Southport. Mid-week games are a bit of a problem, getting back from. I think 6K season tickets is a bit optimistic.

Edited by rigger