BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

38 minutes ago, goozburger said:

No. Just new seats. The current renewals I can't include because they can't be counted, basically.

In summary then:

- we have sold 7,610 STs to date (including both renewals and new)

- we have a run rate of 26.5 new sales per day

- there are potentially 2,256 renewals not yet taken

47 minutes ago, goozburger said:

No. Just new seats. The current renewals I can't include because they can't be counted, basically.

Might be a daft question, but does this take into account folk who have moved seats? So if someone who hasn't renewed yet moves to a new seat today does there old one become available on the planner or does that stay grayed out until the deadline, i would have thought the former but who knows with that system. 

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

In summary then:

- we have sold 7,610 STs to date (including both renewals and new)

- we have a run rate of 26.5 new sales per day

- there are potentially 2,256 renewals not yet taken

Yes. So the 7,610 includes all new sales to date, and all season ticket renewals from before 17th June when the loyalty scheme was reinstated.

The 2,256 is the number of seats that were immediately marked as "unavailable" on 17th June, which I assume is a case of earmarking those seats for non-rewers during the new loyalty scheme period. I can't think what else it could be, and I doubt very much we sold 2,256 season tickets in the space of a couple of hours! So, right now, I can't tell if all 2,256 have renewed, or 0 have renewed. They're going to remain "unavailable" until after 30th June regardless of their state of sale.

At the moment, I'm actually counting 10,025 "unavailable" seats in total (excluding the whole DE and BBE upper tier, of course). 159 of those "unavailable" seats are canvassed-off in W01, and therefore not saleable, so that gets deducted. I'm also deducting the 2,256 non-renewers due to the reason mentioned above, i.e., lack of true visibility of the availability of those seats.

At some point after 30th June, the club will probably take the system down again for an hour or two, and will stop earmarking those 2,256 seats as "unavailable". At that point, I can stop deducting the 2,256.

20 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Might be a daft question, but does this take into account folk who have moved seats? So if someone who hasn't renewed yet moves to a new seat today does there old one become available on the planner or does that stay grayed out until the deadline, i would have thought the former but who knows with that system. 

I think that's exactly what happens. So there will be a number of those, I gather, and it's possible they are included in what I'm considering as "new" season ticket holders, but it's hard to tell at the moment.

Once this 2,256 business is out of the way (Friday?), all this assumption stuff will be irrelevant. Just causes some slight complications in the meantime, so best to exclude it entirely.

• Like 4

@goozburger
 I renewed to a different seat after the original loyalty deadline had passed but before the  ‘2nd’ loyalty discount was introduced. Obviously it’s against my same customer reference number.

My seat from last year is now available to buy and is not greyed out.

I guess the question is had my original seat been greyed out at the start of phase 2 as I hadn’t renewed when they got blocked off again, and then I did renew sat elsewhere, would it still be greyed out?

Edited by Hasta

13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I guess the question is had my original seat been greyed out at the start of phase 2 as I hadn’t renewed when they got blocked off again, and then I did renew sat elsewhere, would it still be greyed out?

I'm not sure because I can't test the behaviour. You would think that it would ungrey itself and make itself available, but I don't know if the system clocks onto it or not. I suppose it will become irrelevant after a few days. It might have been simpler to stop counting until then. 🙃

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'm under the impression that we'll get new cards.

I've renewed same seats and paid 'postage' for something!

I was told when renewing in person (I couldn't get the bloody portal thingy to work) that new cards would be sent out to every season ticket holders either current or new.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

The demographics of the sale of season tickets would be interesting. Waggott was quoted in a recent interview of a £4m season ticket sale target. If we sell more than last season it would be peddled as positive by the spin doctors but, as an example a friend has bought each of his two grandchildren a season ticket for the first time at £60 but to counter that his adult son has given his ticket up which would have cost £459. It would be interesting if a Fans Forum member could ask about sales and the revenue from them.

You don't expect the Fans Forum to ask any awkward questions do you?

In any event, you know what the answer will be: 

"We'll look into it".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"We'll look into it".

I personally don't think it's awkward Simon. It was Waggott using the figure as a target that got me thinking about another way of viewing sales. And I would bet my bottom dollar that the errant ones are more interested in that than the number of actual sales.

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, arbitro said:

The demographics of the sale of season tickets would be interesting. Waggott was quoted in a recent interview of a £4m season ticket sale target. If we sell more than last season it would be peddled as positive by the spin doctors but, as an example a friend has bought each of his two grandchildren a season ticket for the first time at £60 but to counter that his adult son has given his ticket up which would have cost £459. It would be interesting if a Fans Forum member could ask about sales and the revenue from them.

Meeting is in a couple of weeks on July 11th, can you send me a DM nearer the time and I’ll make sure it’s asked?

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"We'll look into it".

I’m more than happy to ask anything within reason. (The above is within reason).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m more than happy to ask anything within reason. (The above is within reason).

Good. It was a very interesting question but like I say I'd wager a pint the answer will be that they have to go away and look into it and that'll be the last you hear of it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We won't sell many more unless we unveil a marquee signing or two. Exciting players sell tickets. Lots of them.

Although they are talking about using the U23s so that seems far fetched.

8000 total or in other words...

23000 empty seats.

Then the rhetoric will be 'but we only sell 8k season tickets so what do you expect, we can't afford players'....

It suits some i think.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I genuinely think the gap between the excitement of JDT being announced and the ‘loyalty’ deadline being extended will have cost them a few hundred tickets 

Not being able to strike whilst the iron was hot was ridiculous and seemingly because Waggot had to wait for permission from India

If his role has that little autonomy or trust he should walk away

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Owners that have to be talked into delaying a thirty quid rise in ST prices, but seem totally sanguine with letting millions of pounds worth of players walk out the door…

Yet according to his new pal on here he has plenty of authority and we are all stupid for thinking otherwise.

Personally i think it's probably just another dollop of BS from Waggot where he leaves it hanging and again everyone assumes it's the owners.  They'll know naff all about it i'd wager.

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,630 (+20)

Previous Updates
Monday 27th June 2022: 7,610 (+23)
Sunday 26th June 2022: 7,587 (+13)
Saturday 25th June 2022: 7,574 (+26)

Friday 24th June 2022: 7,548 (+37)
Thursday 23rd June 2022: 7,511 (+84)

Wednesday 22nd June: 7,427 (+2)
Tuesday 21st June: 7,425 (-1)
Monday 20th June: 7,426 (+221)
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • ~2,256 unavailable seats are reserved for last season's non-renewers until 30th June. These are excluded from the estimate until visibility of true seat availability returns.
  • Like 8

thanks @goozburgerfor the Season Ticket number. 

I am hoping we can get over 9k season ticket holders for this coming season plus hopefully a sensible match day ticket price for the first of around 20 pounds for adults for most areas of the ground, then we can get around 15k on for JDT first game in charge

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

thanks @goozburgerfor the Season Ticket number. 

I am hoping we can get over 9k season ticket holders for this coming season plus hopefully a sensible match day ticket price for the first of around 20 pounds for adults for most areas of the ground, then we can get around 15k on for JDT first game in charge

We might get near the 9k depending how many have renewed before the deadline, i think it will end up being a lot closer to 8k though.

Not a chance the tickets will be £20 for the first game, we might get £20 tickets for the midweek games like last season bu they will be the usual starting point of £25 for weekend games.

53 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We might get near the 9k depending how many have renewed before the deadline, i think it will end up being a lot closer to 8k though.

Not a chance the tickets will be £20 for the first game, we might get £20 tickets for the midweek games like last season bu they will be the usual starting point of £25 for weekend games.

We've really got to hope Swaggot has listened and learnt from last season. 

The big trouble now that he's created is due to the expensive ST's he can only go so low regards matchday pricing, otherwise it devalues the product. 

You can look at it anyway you want but it's shocking marketing etc from Swaggot.