BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 7/5/22

23 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Were seeing Markanday at some stage Saturday, lets hope Mowbray sees sense and plays Vale as well. These players are the future for Blackburn Rovers.

I see them more as the present, than the future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Were seeing Markanday at some stage Saturday, lets hope Mowbray sees sense and plays Vale as well. These players are the future for Blackburn Rovers.

on the subject of markanday,hamstrings are extremely finicky,he`s better off left till next season,in true inane mowbray style,the poor lad will likely break down again,whats the point putting him in for a meaningless game,just as rushing edun back when he had`nt  played since january,the bloke  lost the plot months ago,thankfully he`ll never be seen in our club again

• Like 1

I’m generally a sunshine pumper. However…

As much as I would love a win, & want our players to show some pride & fight, I’m sensing a 1-1 result is about the most I can reasonably expect. one would think guys leaving would want to show their skills. Starting youngsters, Vale, Brown, etc, might get some hunger on the pitch. 

Will we see any signs of life from ol’ Tony in his Rovers finale? apart from the obligatory, hug the players, I’m not expecting that, either. Lifeless & tepid, I’m afraid.

Edited by WacoRover

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

on the subject of markanday,hamstrings are extremely finicky,he`s better off left till next season,in true inane mowbray style,the poor lad will likely break down again,whats the point putting him in for a meaningless game,just as rushing edun back when he had`nt  played since january,the bloke  lost the plot months ago,thankfully he`ll never be seen in our club again

I hear he's giving Brown his debut.

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

To be a big club it helps to have a big crowd that are loyal.Unfortunately this is not the case at Ewood.I don't mean the 11,000 + that turn up through all the ups and downs.

Time was 11k WAS a big crowd at Ewood.

Lets not forget there has always been limits top our fanbase it's beyond numb to compare our gates to places like Derby, Nottingham etc as many seem to do.

Also for a bit of balance Brum and Coventry even Hull and one or two others gates aren't good at all when you look at the size of the places. Pound for pound populations 2/3/4 times that of Blackburn.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

Nice to see he is finishing just like the last 5 years building up the opposition ,and how good a squad they have.

I am put off going to the official Rovers site, because of the inane grinning idiot on the first page.

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I am put off going to the official Rovers site, because of the inane grinning idiot on the first page.

He's lost much credibility after that the astonishing decision to play Bradley Johnson as a forward. You might find some way to excuse Giles and Zeefuik as right wingers - maybe, at a stretch, Gallagher, but not that one and I'm sure the players can't take him as seriously after that. Incidentally, Giles has the joint top assist record of our players, alongside Rothwell, with 10 assists this season - albeit, the majority were for Cardiff, where he played on the left and also took corners.

Johnson as a false 9, perhaps, surpasses Souness' desperate choices of Dominic Matteo in left midfield and Dino Baggio as a No.10, during his final period at the club, when the team was in free-fall.

Putting that aside, it would be welcome to see Garrett and Vale rewarded for their U23s form (and played in their best positions) and I'd like to see Nyambe play, as he has been our best right back and deserves a good send-off, if he is to leave. Moreover, the stats that some have dug out here seem to show that we are much more likely to win if he's in the team.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1