BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

On 30/04/2022 at 13:09, Darrenbot said:

Completely agree with this,either move your family down or don't take the job.It's his own fault he's missed his son growing up.

Blackburns been around for a lot longer than 140 years.The town was named Blakebourne after the river Blakewater.It's an anglo saxon name that was mispronounced Blackburn and the name stuck.Sorry for the boring history lesson back to football.COME ON ROVERS get it right next season.

37 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Blackburns been around for a lot longer than 140 years.The town was named Blakebourne after the river Blakewater.It's an anglo saxon name that was mispronounced Blackburn and the name stuck.Sorry for the boring history lesson back to football.COME ON ROVERS get it right next season.

The replacement referee took us all by surprise at Ewood yesterday, didn't know both of them supported bournemouth.You would have thought so all the decisions that went there way.I thought bournemouth were a set of dirty BA---RDS, they kicked some of the rovers players off the park and a red card should have been shown.We could do with an hatchet man at Ewood and give dirty bas---ds there own medicine.Bollocks to fair play, some of the opposition dont know the meaning of the words.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a right back signing who is better going forward. Nyambe wasn't good enough and Lenihan played well going forward yesterd

Disagree there chaddy. Sat in the Jack Walker DE in the first half watching lenihan waste cross after cross I was chuckling at the irony of Nyambe being dropped because he's out of contract and not good enough going forward whilst lenihan was there 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Disagree there chaddy. Sat in the Jack Walker DE in the first half watching lenihan waste cross after cross I was chuckling at the irony of Nyambe being dropped because he's out of contract and not good enough going forward whilst lenihan was there 

I remember one early cross he put in that went out for a throw in.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pickering just isn’t good enough. He’s an easy touch on that left hand side. He doesn’t know when to stick or twist. Maybe the injury has affected him. Compare his ability in one on one’s with Nyambe.

We have agree to disagree on Pickering and I am happy with his signing and him being first choice next season. 

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

You’re on form today.

Yes, I’d be more than happy with Farke or Ainsworth being Mowbray’s replacement. I’ve advocated both for a while and was certainly doing so while your Chadometer was still pointing firmly towards Mowbray in.

I wanted Ainsworth before we appoint Coyle just for the record. You can try to wind me up Duncan with your little sly comments like Chadometer and what ever you want to say. 

I said Mowbray should remain in charge for the season and I would keep him if we finish top 6. We haven't and its time to move on and find a manager who will take us to next level. Ainsworth has always be on my shortlist and Farke is a name that interested me since Glen Mullan as Mowbray's replacement. When you look at it Farke or Ainsworth would be ideal replacement for Mowbray. Farke has 2 Promotions from this league to PL and Ainsworth has 2 promotions on his CV at Wycombe maybe 3 shortly. Ainsworth would probably want to more direct than Farke but both would be good appointments if they actually. 

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I felt sorry for the big crowd that turned up at Ewood, very disappointing result it was a walk in the park for Bournemouth. Some of the players looked like they weren't interested in playing, they were probably frightened of getting injured because there off after the next game. I was angry at the pathetic display being one of the many supporters that pay there wages.

Bournemouth was a class above us and that show on the day sadly. The players tried and show plenty of effort and commitment till the end of the game. 

I wasn't angry at all but disappointed that we could take it till the last game of the season. 

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Some good news new manager new blood in the Summer and we will probably see Markanday in action when the Summer friendlies are arranged. I have been hearing good things about him on the training ground. Lets hope the good times return to Ewood the supporters deserve it.

I am looking forward to going to attend a few friendlies games in pre season(if work allow) and next season. Renew my Season ticket today and I am looking forward to next season already. I will enjoy the summer break and recharge them for next season. I enjoyed yesterday when all the Rovers fans where signing "Rovers till I die" and that's is exactly how I feel about my club. 

22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Has Nyambe been dropped for that reason tho? 

Lenihan is only played there cos Mowbray won't drop any of back 3 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Pickering just isn’t good enough. He’s an easy touch on that left hand side. He doesn’t know when to stick or twist. Maybe the injury has affected him. Compare his ability in one on one’s with Nyambe.

Think that's a bit harsh. Much better imo than Bell or Douglas. Happy enough with Pickering.

Problem positions for us next season are going to be CB, RB, ST, CM.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has Nyambe been dropped for that reason tho? 

Lenihan is only played there cos Mowbray won't drop any of back 3 

He’s dropped cos Mowbray doesn’t pick him for some personal reason, either between the two or more likely due to contract negotiations. This has regularly been to the detriment of the team.

However posters on here claim it is because he isn’t  enough going forward and because he is out of contract. Yet he was replaced yesterday by someone who wasn’t good enough going forward, is out of contract and doesn’t play full back. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He’s dropped cos Mowbray doesn’t pick him for some personal reason, either between the two or more likely due to contract negotiations. This has regularly been to the detriment of the team.

However posters on here claim it is because he isn’t  enough going forward and because he is out of contract. Yet he was replaced yesterday by someone who wasn’t good enough going forward, is out of contract and doesn’t play full back. 

I don't rate him as highly as you do. 

• Backroom

Pickering has been really poor recently, game after game he is targeted as a weak link in a way our right hand side never is.

Hopefully a full pre season and a better start to next season for him

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

And when was the last time you saw Nyambe put over a cross? At least Lenihan did. Nyambe rarely goes forward after he's crossed the half way line and when he does he generally puts the ball back to Buckley or someone to cross it.

39 minutes ago, bazza said:

And when was the last time you saw Nyambe put over a cross? At least Lenihan did. Nyambe rarely goes forward after he's crossed the half way line and when he does he generally puts the ball back to Buckley or someone to cross it.

Nyambe was instrumental in our good form this season....he left the starting 11 and we ended up shit

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have agree to disagree on Pickering and I am happy with his signing and him being first choice next season. 

I wanted Ainsworth before we appoint Coyle just for the record. You can try to wind me up Duncan with your little sly comments like Chadometer and what ever you want to say. 

I said Mowbray should remain in charge for the season and I would keep him if we finish top 6. We haven't and its time to move on and find a manager who will take us to next level. Ainsworth has always be on my shortlist and Farke is a name that interested me since Glen Mullan as Mowbray's replacement. When you look at it Farke or Ainsworth would be ideal replacement for Mowbray. Farke has 2 Promotions from this league to PL and Ainsworth has 2 promotions on his CV at Wycombe maybe 3 shortly. Ainsworth would probably want to more direct than Farke but both would be good appointments if they actually. 

Bournemouth was a class above us and that show on the day sadly. The players tried and show plenty of effort and commitment till the end of the game. 

I wasn't angry at all but disappointed that we could take it till the last game of the season. 

I am looking forward to going to attend a few friendlies games in pre season(if work allow) and next season. Renew my Season ticket today and I am looking forward to next season already. I will enjoy the summer break and recharge them for next season. I enjoyed yesterday when all the Rovers fans where signing "Rovers till I die" and that's is exactly how I feel about my club. 

It was a fantastic response to there 3rd goal, most of the Blackburn End singing i'm rovers till i die.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hasta said:

And he is arguably our best centre half. Playing him at full back weakens us in two positions.

• Like 2

Just a point on Pickering, the lad pretty much plays that entire left side of the pitch on his own. No player in front to pass or play off and no support when defending. Felt sorry for him the last few home games as he continually has 2-3 players running at or behind him when the opposition attacks. 
It all comes down to crap tactics and players out of position. Sign a left winger to play in front of him next season and he will look miles better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

Just a point on Pickering, the lad pretty much plays that entire left side of the pitch on his own. No player in front to pass or play off and no support when defending. Felt sorry for him the last few home games as he continually has 2-3 players running at or behind him when the opposition attacks. 
It all comes down to crap tactics and players out of position. Sign a left winger to play in front of him next season and he will look miles better.

Being fair to him this is true.  Plus Wharton on his inside seemed to be struggling with either season end fatigue or he’s struggling to come to terms with playing in a back 4 instead of a 5. When Brererton is in front of him runs about a bit but he’s not really a defensive minded player.

Having said all that these factors don’t affect an individuals running speed, passing ability, heading ability or effectiveness in the tackle.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Being fair to him this is true.  Plus Wharton on his inside seemed to be struggling with either season end fatigue or he’s struggling to come to terms with playing in a back 4 instead of a 5. When Brererton is in front of him runs about a bit but he’s not really a defensive minded player.

Having said all that these factors don’t affect an individuals running speed, passing ability, heading ability or effectiveness in the tackle.

Somebody mentioned Mark Hughes as one of the new manager candidates, we could do worse he took us back to the premiership the last time he was manager.Wayne Rooneys done a fantastic job at Derby after having 21pts deducted.Ainsworth is one of the favourites.Whoever takes over let's all get behind him and get Rovers back on track.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

The replacement referee took us all by surprise at Ewood yesterday, didn't know both of them supported bournemouth.You would have thought so all the decisions that went there way.I thought bournemouth were a set of dirty BA---RDS, they kicked some of the rovers players off the park and a red card should have been shown.We could do with an hatchet man at Ewood and give dirty bas---ds there own medicine.Bollocks to fair play, some of the opposition dont know the meaning of the words.

Nah...they just played us off the Park.We had no answers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Nah...they just played us off the Park.We had no answers.

I agree. Regarding foul play, there aren’t any dirty teams these days.  There can’t be when you can get a yellow card for nothing. How many cards were there in the last two games and there wasn’t a really bad tackle in 180 minutes ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roverblue said:

Just a point on Pickering, the lad pretty much plays that entire left side of the pitch on his own. No player in front to pass or play off and no support when defending. .

He just makes it look like that.  Terrible player.

17 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

It was apparent from the off that they had done their homework and targeted Pickering because of his lack of pace and strength. Manager and coaching staff just let it be. 

Even when I was running my lads Sunday League team, I spent the first 10 minutes watching to find out the oppositions weak link in defence. There was always one lad who had been dragged out of bed, half pissed who was wearing of pair of borrowed boots 2 sizes too big. Then I would put our super star prolific scorer on him and you are half way to winning the game.

The opposition always go for the weak link in a team, pity our manager doesn't think like that.

57 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

It's finally been announced, Birmingham will be the last game for Mowbray.Onwards and upwards hopefully next season.

Announced where?

Edited by Hasta