BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

44 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And to think some posters had the front this morning to suggest this game wasn't  a dead rubber!

Never got close to laying a glove on an efficient and well drilled Bournemouth outfit. Billing very impressive  Solanke not far behind. Pretty typical Mowbray to give a bumper crowd absolutely nothing to get excited about. They won't be back in a hurry.

Lenihan at RB doesn't work.

Hedges, JFHC, where do we find these dollopers? He doesn't even look like a footballer.

Disgraceful treatment of Nyambe again in what presumably would have been his last home game.

What's Poveda done to warrant inclusion on the bench? I'd rather see one of our own lads there.

Player of the season, not our player. Goal of the season - scored by someone who's not our player.

Captain -  off before next season.

Happy Days.

The only consolation was (hopefully) witnessing the final few minutes of the tenure of the moron in the dug out.

Thankfully it will also signal the end of you calling TM a "moron."  It's not a great look you know.

• Like 1

Lets be honest, we were never going to get 6th place, especially after Sheffield Uniteds win last night. In a way I am glad that the season was basically decided by a gutless performance by us, in front of a packed home crowd.
If we won our last two games and just missed out it would not be an accurate reflection of the second half of the season, it would also lead people to think that we are mostly ok and, heavens forbid, think that we should be pushing to give Mowbray another contract.
As it was we basically gave a listless performance when it was in our own hands to get the job done, which encompasses everything we have seen from the latter half of this season (and the latter halves of every other season) from this management.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Thankfully it will also signal the end of you calling TM a "moron."  It's not a great look you know.

Seems pretty appropriate, unless I’m missing something? 

FA06658F-449B-4D4C-BEA1-8C361A36262B.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, Dan said:

Edit: on further reading, I see it may refer to a disability, in that case, you’ve got a point. Mowbray is a fucking stupid idiot however. 

• Like 1

I've been ill and only my wife insisting a day out would be good for me got me to Ewood today....

In the pros column I had to park a loooooooong way from the the ground.  A big crowd - although a few rum buggers in today - and a good atmosphere.  

Sadly we were outplayed and when chances did come our way at 1-0 down we failed to take them.

And each substitution seemed to make things worse.

Glad it's over.

• Like 6

Since we understood the shenanigans of the Venky’s and owners and the subsequent nonsense of Kean and Coyle, it looks to me as though broadly, we have had 4 choices.

1.      Venky’s to realise their error and sell up to at least reasonably competent and solvent new owners. This would be a popular progression and there may have been chances but didn’t happen and sadly, seems unlikely for the foreseeable.

The next 2 choices represent extremes of opinion in the fanbase.

2.      Get rid of the Venky’s and the vampire agents entirely even if it means little funding and even administration. The argument goes we would get the soul of our club back, have some honesty and coherence in management and may eventually claw our way back.

3.      Keep on as we are. A tragic choice imo. leading to mediocrity, mendacity and avarice at all turns. The gravy train would continue and the vampires keep the percentages rolling. We all know the narrative by now. We should be grateful, it’s a young team, all is well, if the owners went we would be lost. Ugh. As someone posted earlier on these boards, Rovers achieved higher than this in the old division with little more than honest blood, sweat and tears. Sadly, a choice favoured by new fans and those who are not aware of much of what goes on and are happy to follow msm reporting/analysis.

4.      There is another way that hasn’t been tried. So here, Venky’s stay and keep up the funding. BUT appoint a competent/exciting manager AND get rid of any connection with HSH AND appoint competent officials at the club. This would be so easy for the Venky’s and could easily lead to a saving of face and even saving of money. Sadly, I can’t see this happening because the Venky’s appear to be utterly foolish, don’t seem to care and the vampire squid appears to have a tight grip on matters.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Well, he's not a person of low intelligence, I think he's a cunning old sod who knows exactly what he's been up to for the last five and a half seasons - and it's been for the benefit of him and his family, not the Club.

Edit: Can't see any obvious connection to persons with a disability in that definition.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

Bournemouth were streets ahead of us today as not one Rovers player win his own individual battle. I'm actually baffled as to how we can play with real intensity and pace a few days ago and then put in such a flat, listless performance today. The passing was generally woeful today save for a couple of balls in the first half. We were back to the square passes along the back line for which Bournemouth just stood off and let us do it. In true Mowbray fashion though he dumbfounded everyone with his substitutions which made us look like a pub team as players shifted around the pitch looking confused.

Although the season isn't get over I will certainly look back on this as a season of missed opportunity given our position in February. Lots of reasons for this but the main one was the lack of quality coming in in January. Many derided Bournemouth for their signings but they have got them promoted. Every Bournemouth substitute today would be a regular in our team.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I've been ill and only my wife insisting a day out would be good for me got me to Ewood today....

In the pros column I had to park a loooooooong way from the the ground.  A big crowd - although a few rum buggers in today - and a good atmosphere.  

Sadly we were outplayed and when chances did come our way at 1-0 down we failed to take them.

Glad it's over.

Shows what your wife knows about health issues. She hasn’t increased your insurance policy lately has she ?

• Like 3

Just now, arbitro said:

Bournemouth were streets ahead of us today as not one Rovers player win his own individual battle. I'm actually baffled as to how we can play with real intensity and pace a few days ago and then put in such a flat, listless performance today. The passing was generally woeful today save for a couple of balls in the first half. We were back to the square passes along the back line for which Bournemouth just stood off and let us do it. In true Mowbray fashion though he dumbfounded everyone with his substitutions which made us look like a pub team as players shifted around the pitch looking confused.

Although the season isn't get over I will certainly look back on this as a season of missed opportunity given our position in February. Lots of reasons for this but the main one was the lack of quality coming in in January. Many derided Bournemouth for their signings but they have got them promoted. Every Bournemouth substitute today would be a regular in our team.

I agree, the passing generally was terrible. It was either too hard a pass or too soft a pass, behind the player, too far in front of a player etc. just awful.

• Like 1

Just got back from the game. I've been in self imposed exile for four years, since the 28,000, on coming back to the very mediocre Championship. Today only reinforced my mind set to not go  back in the stadium again until the tw*t of a manager leaves (has he not resigned?), and the Wankers sell. Words fail me as to today's "performance". Needing to win, it was pathetic/abject . I'm not quite sure why the crowd didn't turn, albeit, I think most left after the third goal. What a fucking shambles....it was embarrassing.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

After match interview on LancsLive   https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-tony-mowbray-live-23825337

"Head of recruitment will leave with myself and the club have a big summer."

"Mark (Venus) is under contract. He has to work for a period, I would presume. I can't speak for him."

Presume its until  June?

30th June 2022, unless there is another one dated 'until the STC is built on'.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Glad it's over.

Paul…I read your posts with interest …they are usually fair and balanced.. which is more than I can say for mine…I’m soooo  anti Mowbray.

I’m glad it’s over too….the Mowbray era has been 2 or 3 years too long for me ..he’s depressed me, he’s made me use language I don’t use, he’s moved me to watch Stanley this season and he’s all but killed my passion for watching Rovers live …I am desperate that today will be his last appearance at Ewood …I will believe it WHEN  I see it …I hope his departure will make you feel better …🤞

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

After match interview on LancsLive   https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-tony-mowbray-live-23825337

"Head of recruitment will leave with myself and the club have a big summer."

"Mark (Venus) is under contract. He has to work for a period, I would presume. I can't speak for him."

Presume its until  June?

Hang on - two days ago he claimed he'd had no contact with the owners. He seems pretty bloody  certain about his future just 48 hours later!

Many of us were also right to be sceptical about Mowbray bringing in another of his mates - Park. Unless Markanday turns out to be a good un his only contribution for a year and a half's wages is to fail to find an Armstrong replacement over 2 transfer windows and saddle us with Hedges.

Honestly, these characters can see Venky's coming a mile off. Easy money.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Just got back from the game. I've been in self imposed exile for four years, since the 28,000, on coming back to the very mediocre Championship. Today only reinforced my mind set to not go  back in the stadium again until the tw*t of a manager leaves (has he not resigned?), and the Wankers sell. Words fail me as to today's "performance". Needing to win, it was pathetic/abject . I'm not quite sure why the crowd didn't turn, albeit, I think most left after the third goal. What a fucking shambles....it was embarrassing.

What's embarrassing is tuning up every few years hoping for some glory.

• Like 2