BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

Mowbray had this to say when being interviewed 'yush I washnt good enough to do the job. Now I'm leaving at the end of the season. I'll hooold my hand up and admitsh I washnt up to it. The fanshhh desherve betta. I failed in my task. I can't blame the playaaas fer my shortcomings'.   Then I woke up

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Forests striker, signed in January, scored a hat trick today. They planned for the possibility of players getting injured.

We bought a winger/striker for the U23s to 'polish' and sell and pay Spurs a huge sell on fee.

Our owners and management never expected nor wanted a serious promotion bid.

It's because Steve Cooper wanted his club promoted. Mowbray wanted to massage his own ego and delusions of grandeur.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Burnley win ....... I'd love Dyche at Ewood but it's amazing what a change of manager can do

Any manager in the Football League would have done better than Mowbray over the past 3-4 months

I imagine that if you analysed January to March performances each season, Mowbray is as bad as we’ve had as a manager. Adding to that the fact it’s never his fault and his disdain for the fans makes Mowbray time at the club very much not fondly remembered by myself.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Mowbray had this to say when being interviewed 'yush I washnt good enough to do the job. Now I'm leaving at the end of the season. I'll hooold my hand up and admitsh I washnt up to it. The fanshhh desherve betta. I failed in my task. I can't blame the playaaas fer my shortcomings'.   Then I woke up

Don’t forget what a lovely bloke he is. He’d never be a burden. He’d walk away. It’s not his fault. It’s the fans, it’s the players, it’s bad luck. At least Kean was creative and blamed the moisture on the grass. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

As a Rovers fan I suppose I shouldn't be enjoying Burnley's form but I'm pleased they look like escaping and it just goes to show that the Lancashire town teams can compete at the top level with good management and just a bit of ambition.

Tell this to the happy clappers that think we are entitled and punching above our weight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Keeping this short and straight to the point...we've massively failed here.

Bournemouth spent money and strengthened in January for PROMOTION,we stood still and didn't and you reap what you sow.Not good enough from top to bottom.

Nailed it SG.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And to think some posters had the front this morning to suggest this game wasn't  a dead rubber!

Never got close to laying a glove on an efficient and well drilled Bournemouth outfit. Billing very impressive  Solanke not far behind. Pretty typical Mowbray to give a bumper crowd absolutely nothing to get excited about. They won't be back in a hurry.

Lenihan at RB doesn't work.

Hedges, JFHC, where do we find these dollopers? He doesn't even look like a footballer.

Disgraceful treatment of Nyambe again in what presumably would have been his last home game.

What's Poveda done to warrant inclusion on the bench? I'd rather see one of our own lads there.

Player of the season, not our player. Goal of the season - scored by someone who's not our player.

Captain -  off before next season.

Happy Days.

The only consolation was (hopefully) witnessing the final few minutes of the tenure of the moron in the dug out.

I can feel the pain, but not just that. The absolute outright frustration. 

I've got this horrible feeling he'll still be there next season, being hopeless. 

What did we ever do to deserve venkys 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

No evidence it had any impact on the game but Mowbray making it about him and his dispute with Venky's on the eve of the game was very unfair to the fans and players.

He’s selfish and arrogant. He’s not a nice man. He’s a shite, empty headed, limited, past it manager. He doesn’t give a fuck about our club or fans. He should have been sacked after we got relegated. He’s not done anything during his time here than any over average/below average manager could have done and in his head he is a championship Pep. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I can feel the pain, but not just that. The absolute outright frustration. 

I've got this horrible feeling he'll still be there next season, being hopeless. 

What did we ever do to deserve venkys 

I’m starting to think I need to have a sit down and consider if it’s worth it. Life’s too short. Weekends ruined, time and time again. So much frustration. Avoidable frustration if we were run properly. It’d be easier to be shit and dropping through the divisions. The hope truly does kill you.  

I think it’d be more beneficial to rub my ball sack on a cheese grater every Saturday afternoon. 

The missus will be baffled that I’m in a foul mood and not in the mood to watch a movie and have a nice meal. She’ll think it’s irrational and it’s only a game. I know you’ve got to take the rough with the smooth, but it just feels like it’s a joyless, helpless experience. At least during the Kean days I could attend the protests and join in with the Venky’s/Kean out chants until I went hoarse. 

• Like 6

After match interview on LancsLive   https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-tony-mowbray-live-23825337

"Head of recruitment will leave with myself and the club have a big summer."

"Mark (Venus) is under contract. He has to work for a period, I would presume. I can't speak for him."

Presume its until  June?

Edited by perthblue02

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Memo to owners:

Stop throwing good money after bad and wasting £20m p.a. employing substandard staff to run operations on the ground at Ewood.

Get a competent CEO and Dyche or Farke as manager in NOW, let them pick their own coaching staff and give them a reasonable budget to work with.

I think you'd be amazed at how rapid and dramatic the difference would be.

Sounds so simple doesn’t it? However, we’ve still got agents and people in our club lining their pockets without our best interest at heart. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

After match interview on LancsLive   https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-tony-mowbray-live-23825337

"Mark (Venus) is under contract. He has to work for a period, I would presume. I can't speak for him."

Presume its until  June?

Venus's blue and white army. Just put him on gardening leave, please!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Dan said:

I’m starting to think I need to have a sit down and consider if it’s worth it. Life’s too short. Weekends ruined, time and time again. So much frustration. Avoidable frustration if we were run properly. It’d be easier to be shit and dropping through the divisions. The hope truly does kill you.  

I think it’d be more beneficial to rub my ball sack on a cheese grater every Saturday afternoon. 

The missus will be baffled that I’m in a foul mood and not in the mood to watch a movie and have a nice meal. She’ll think it’s irrational and it’s only a game. I know you’ve got to take the rough with the smooth, but it just feels like it’s a joyless, helpless experience. At least during the Kean days I could attend the protests and join in with the Venky’s/Kean out chants until I went hoarse. 

Well I hope you've had your tetanus. I agree, there's no pleasure in it at all. I don't need wins every week. But I do need a reason to hope. That's gone completely. 

I have to sympathise. What's the point of it, it's bloody agony, would we be better off walking away? Does that mean we're not fans

Edited by broadsword