BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

Fought well in the first half, difference in class in the second. Brereton's chances were a lot harder to score from compared to the ones that Solanke took well care of. I hope we're not stuck with Dolan, Hedges and Sam upfront next season.

Sort of relieved to finally get it out of the way. It's been a painful few months now, but watching our in-form run earlier in the season brought brought a lot of joy back to my life as a Rovers supporter. 

Hope we get some funds to strengthen.

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Fought well in the first half, difference in class in the second. Brereton's chances were a lot harder to score from compared to the ones that Solanke took well care of. I hope we're not stuck with Dolan, Hedges and Sam upfront next season.

Sort of relieved to finally get it out of the way. It's been a painful few months now, but watching our in-form run earlier in the season brought brought a lot of joy back to my life as a Rovers supporter.

Hope we get some funds to strengthen.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gallagher gets moved on if TM leaves. He's only persisted with him because of what he paid for him. A new manager won't have the problem.

Did someone say FFP isn't a problem next season?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Kaminski, pears, stergiakis, Carter, Pickering, Ayala, Philips, Wharton, Edun, Dack, butterworth, burns, Markanday, Buckley, hedges, Dolan, rankin Costello, Travis, Gallagher, Brereton.

Mowbray inherited a mess but he’s leaving one behind on the pitch.

Current (best/likely) opening day XI/bench for next season.

Kaminski

Brown - Ayala - Wharton - Pickering

Travis - Buckley

Hedges - Dack - Markanday

Gallagher

Subs: Dolan, JRC, Carter, Phillips, Edun, Butterworth, Pears 

Woof. Journey. Bottom 8 fodder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Kaminski

Travis - Buckley

Gallagher

I would say that is a top half team

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Kaminski

Travis - Buckley

Gallagher

Pickering, Gallagher, not good enough.

No idea about Hedges and Brown. Or even Markanday for that matter.

Ayala will play a handful of games then fall over.

The bench... It's an insult to our youth team that some of those are ahead of them.

If Mowbray does stay, imagine him having to sign half a team. We'll end up with some right dollopers and panic buys.

• Like 3

My MOM was Billing. What a fantastic player! He is tall, has long legs, can run fast, can play intricate football, has a football brain, can score goals, can make goals.............

Where the hell did they get him from? Lovely player!

As for Rovers, we were outclassed. I'm not as incensed as I was after Posh and Potters, mind.

I stayed to applaud the lads and their families. I even shouted, "Thank you, Tony" and meant it.

What the hell lies in store for us now I haven't a clue. It will be an interesting summer. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bazza said:

My MOM was Billing. What a fantastic player! He is tall, has long legs, can run fast, can play intricate football, has a football brain, can score goals, can make goals.............

Where the hell did they get him from? Lovely player!

As for Rovers, we were outclassed. I'm not as incensed as I was after Posh and Potters, mind.

I stayed to applaud the lads and their families. I even shouted, "Thank you, Tony" and meant it.

What the hell lies in store for us now I haven't a clue. It will be an interesting summer. 

Zero business in the championship. Shearer would have been chuffed with those finishes today.

Got home about an hour ago after a good day out. Dragged a couple of non rovers fans along for a day out. Thought we started well and I thought their first goal was offside but I may be wrong. They took their chances and I do think that maybe 3 at the back would have been a better formation.

All in all a good day out though. Disappointed that we haven’t made the playoffs but we probably finished higher that I thought we would after losing Arma last year and not really replacing him. 

Edited by Ricky
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

How? Considering the current team with Lenihan, Van Hecke, Nyambe, Rothwell, Brereton-Diaz and Khadra is going to finish 9th or 10th

Because Mowbray won't be in charge. Of the players you mention, I would say only Van Hecke is a major loss.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because Mowbray won't be in charge. Of the players you mention, I would say only Van Hecke is a major loss.

Come on now. If BBD leaves it's the second season in a row we're losing the only player in the team who scores regularly, by some distance. We got lucky this season with BBD's pre-January purple patch cancelling out Arma's missing goals, but if he leaves that's a major loss no matter how you look at it. Lenihan has his flaws but losing your captain and a decent Championship CB can't just be dismissed as unimportant, especially considering our historical reluctance to invest in defence meaningfully. We'll also struggle to replace Nyambe's physical attributes at RB. Rothwell I'm not quite as bothered about, but by the same token I'm not convinced we'll replace with better. Khadra is useful but inconsistent, so I think we could find a loan of similar quality for next season if we're inclined to do so.

Overall though we're talking a pretty big rebuild of the starting eleven with a new manager having to come in and assess everything very quickly. It's something we should all be very concerned about imo.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, booth said:

I've seen it said on here a couple of times, but not sure it's true. It certainly wasn't, but the rules may have changed. Previously at least, FFP worked on a rolling 3 year basis and only reset when you changed leagues.

Although, it's not called FFP anymore, so maybe if we're being literal, yeh FFP won't be a problem. Profit & Sustainability though, as I think it's now called, probably will. Unless someone can correct me?

Thank f*ck I was busy with plans today. All so predictable. All so Tony Mowbray. I’m personally very, very pleased that this chapter is over. Yes it could very well be worse, but I couldn’t handle any more of this. Time to roll the dice. I’m sick to death of the same shit every week.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Thank f*ck I was busy with plans today. All so predictable. All so Tony Mowbray. I’m personally very, very pleased that this chapter is over. Yes it could very well be worse, but I couldn’t handle any more of this. Time to roll the dice. I’m sick to death of the same shit every week.

Except this week.

1 hour ago, booth said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Gallagher gets moved on if TM leaves. He's only persisted with him because of what he paid for him. A new manager won't have the problem.

Rubbish, he’s only just signed a new contract and given his recent step up in form i’m convinced Gallagher is a half decent footballer when played consistently as a centre forward. He’s been badly mis managed under Mowbray.

• Like 4

Well we were tonked today - gutted (especially with Burnley’s great escape in full flow) but at least it draws a line, we simply weren’t good enough. Had we won, we probably would still have missed out on the play-offs and we’d be agonising over all the Posh etc results… silver lining hey?!

2 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Rubbish, he’s only just signed a new contract and given his recent step up in form i’m convinced Gallagher is a half decent footballer when played consistently as a centre forward. He’s been badly mis managed under Mowbray.

From absolutely terrible to bang average? Aye, I'm sure he'd be on every Championship managers team sheet.

He has been mismanaged but can you honestly say if you were the boss you'd pin your hopes on him consistently scoring over a season, as a number 9?

• Like 1