BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

14 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Paul…I read your posts with interest …they are usually fair and balanced.. which is more than I can say for mine…I’m soooo  anti Mowbray.

I’m glad it’s over too….the Mowbray era has been 2 or 3 years too long for me ..he’s depressed me, he’s made me use language I don’t use, he’s moved me to watch Stanley this season and he’s all but killed my passion for watching Rovers live …I am desperate that today will be his last appearance at Ewood …I will believe it WHEN  I see it …I hope his departure will make you feel better …🤞

Dolly, a football fan cannot swap allegiances from one club to another.  Otherwise I hail your good taste.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

You set it up for me.  

We were outplayed by a very good team.  I think the fight was there, just not the ability.

i would`nt say we were outplayed,just made the wrong decisions in the wrong area of the pitch,we had more of the ball,bournemouth have spent millions on their squad and they have better players hence they did`nt make mistakes,the amount spent im`e still not impressed by them but like us,they have a bad manager

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Dolly, a football fan cannot swap allegiances from one club to another.  Otherwise I hail your good taste.

Paul….…I certainly did not swap allegiances…that would never happen !
Rovers is all that matters to me…….always has, always will …but it meant I could watch some football on a Saturday, at a club which offered transparency , guts and gratitude to those offering support on the terraces …and a management team whose honesty is light years beyond that at Ewood .

I am DESPERATE to be back at Ewood next season…but I cannot and will not suffer fools , or those who “ tamper “ with the truth,  or those who drain positivity …when Mowbray had gone I will be back …

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Paul….…I certainly did not swap allegiances…that would never happen !
Rovers is all that matters to me…….always has, always will …but it meant I could watch some football on a Saturday, at a club which offered transparency , guts and gratitude to those offering support on the terraces …and a management team whose honesty is light years beyond that at Ewood .

I am DESPERATE to be back at Ewood next season…but I cannot and will not suffer fools , or those who “ tamper “ with the truth,  or those who drain positivity …when Mowbray had gone I will be back …

I don't really like football that much anymore.  Ewood is a ritual these days.

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Van Hecke,we are going to miss that lad if he goes back to Brighton but ultimately destined for bigger things than Ewood.

He is definitely going back to Brighton. Our only hope of keeping him was being promoted. I'd be amazed if he shows up in this league at all next season, but if he does it will likely be for one of the relegated teams who can pay generous loan fees for someone who has just shown they've cracked this level.

• Like 2

Back from the game and disappointed that we didn’t give it a real go, although Bournemouth were a class above us throughout. I was embarrassed and annoyed in equal measures towards the end. Embarrassed at seeing all the day trippers file out in their hordes after the second/third goal went in. Annoyed that the potential for new support next season was wiped out due to our insipid display. I’ll be back next season with renewed hope and enthusiasm, hoping that we replace Tony with a forward thinking manager. COYB

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hang on - two days ago he claimed he'd had no contact with the owners. He seems pretty bloody  certain about his future just 48 hours later!

Many of us were also right to be sceptical about Mowbray bringing in another of his mates - Park. Unless Markanday turns out to be a good un his only contribution for a year and a half's wages is to fail to find an Armstrong replacement over 2 transfer windows and saddle us with Hedges.

Honestly, these characters can see Venky's coming a mile off. Easy money.

One year's wages, not a year and a half. But certainly an odd decision to bring in a head of recruitment for just one year. It's the position where long-term planning and accountability is probably most important...let alone going into a summer where we will lose half a squad.

So now we are going to need to replace the head of recruitment and the manager, presumably after the annual late summer summit with Venkys where budgets and plans get decided upon. And after that, we need to replace half a squad, probably with bugger all money and with a few weeks of the window left.

Yay for forward planning.

Oh apparently the medical department have scarpered too (good that we let that happen during a promotion charge where loads of key players kept getting injured) so also need replacing.

• Like 2

So we're likely to need two new centrebacks.  A new rightback.  A new striker to replace Brereton.  Kaminski might attract bigger clubs.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.  So much for mowbray's building.  Hes left us in a real mess 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

So we're likely to need two new centrebacks.  A new rightback.  A new striker to replace Brereton.  Kaminski might attract bigger clubs.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.  So much for mowbray's building.  Hes left us in a real mess 

Travis and Buckley are good enough to attract clubs further up the food chain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Khadra and Poveda going back too (won't be surprised if we get one of them back though, they haven't smashed this level yet). So another wide attacker or two. Technically we will be two right backs down, but we can probably fudge through by just replacing one, as long as they're good and rarely injured.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

You set it up for me.  

We were outplayed by a very good team.  I think the fight was there, just not the ability.

Which is why we should have strengthened appropriately in the January transfer window.

As you mockingly replied to me at the time, "we're doomed."

You weren't wrong to be fair.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Steele, raya, fisher, Henley, Greer, Williams, mulgrew, ward, nyambe, lenihan, brown, magliore, Wharton, Lowe, feeney, akpan, Guthrie, Evans, bennett, Conway, rankin Costello, Travis, stokes, Gallagher and Graham.

Kaminski, pears, stergiakis, Carter, Pickering, Ayala, Philips, Wharton, Edun, Dack, butterworth, burns, Markanday, Buckley, hedges, Dolan, rankin Costello, Travis, Gallagher, Brereton.

What Mowbray inherited v what he will leave. Mowbray inherited a mess but he’s leaving one behind on the pitch.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t lay any blame whatsoever about the state of the club behind the scenes at the managers door but as he’s quick to point out his contributions there as well. No recruiting dept and no medical department. His mate as ceo who’d give Shagnew a run for their money for incompetence.

Cheers Tony. 

• Like 4

i thought hedges did ok,but in typical mowbray style he was  a left footer playing on the right,he had to check to get the ball on his left foot,easy for any defender to stop,he should have been on his correct side,whipping in quick balls,incidentally,travis had a nightmare,i think he`s colour blind  he gave the ball away so much

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i thought hedges did ok,but in typical mowbray style he was  a left footer playing on the right,he had to check to get the ball on his left foot,easy for any defender to stop,he should have been on his correct side,whipping in quick balls,incidentally,travis had a nightmare,i think he`s colour blind  he gave the ball away so much

I agree with you about Hedges playing on the “ wrong “ wing, it isn’t do in him any favours. When I look at him I think “ is he a tricky dribbler - is he a hard running speed merchant, is he a playmaker  ? “  I still don’t know, all I see is a guy on the wing that that keeps coming back inside all the time.

44 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Very frightening situation on the horizon tbh😳🤤

Also without sounding bitter, anyone else thought Bournemouth fans some of the quietest away fans at Ewood..

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, booth said:

Which is why we should have strengthened appropriately in the January transfer window.

As you mockingly replied to me at the time, "we're doomed."

You weren't wrong to be fair.

I agree -  and said so at the time.  You do have a way with words Booth, so I may have overstepped the mark.  Maybe.

• Like 1