BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

13 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/20100038.fans-cherries-promotion-rivals-fume-stroud-appointed-ref-blackburn-fixture/

It's getting press attention. And I'm all for it.

He and the EFL will know eyes are on him, one dodgy card/penalty call and questions will be asked.

If they had any common sense, he'd be the fourth official Saturday.

Questions being asked will mean nothing if he presents Bournemouth with a late late match winning penalty.

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Enough talking about the ref FFS!

Has Mowbray hijacked a bunch of people's accounts or something?

If we lose it will correlate more with our shit form than any refereeing conspiracy.

Please, tell us more about what we can discuss.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What if rothwell gives a penalty away and gets sent off before his move ?

do we play him or not.

I’ve also heard he loves abit of lemon drizzle does mr shroud so a cheeky slice left in the refs room should even things out 😂

come on lads . Jesus Christ. He’s a paid professional referee. He will do the job he does every week. Good or bad he isn’t going to cheat

What bullshit from the refereeing i have seen this season, just except the game is corrupt.

• Like 1

On the ref, wasn't our biggest gripe with him last time against Huddersfield that he turned a few penalties down? No point us getting them bastard things anyway given the last few efforts! Suppose we'd have Brereton to take them again now mind.

It's a stupid decision putting him in charge as it does put unnecessary pressure on if there's big calls to make, he'll be aware people have sussed out where he's from and who he supports. But let's just get on with it and hope we can get the job done without him having an opportunity to impact the result. There's very few top notch alternatives anyway, most refs at this level and below are garbage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, USABlue said:

Those Fulham stats, to me, just adds fuel to the fire.  Are you saying he hasn't?  Of course you are.  Hard to say if he's crooked or not without details of the games and decisions made.  May get a better idea after Saturday.

Crooked? 

I’ve been watching football and rugby league for a long time and I can count on the fingers of one hand games I saw that I thought were fixed. Some game were fixed though. Anybody remember Leeds playing that German team in the European Cup Final ? Back in the day when players earned peanuts compared with today’s players some vital games were fixed by the players. This was usually in matches that affected relegation.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve been watching football and rugby league for a long time and I can count on the fingers of one hand games I saw that I thought were fixed. Some game were fixed though. Anybody remember Leeds playing that German team in the European Cup Final ? Back in the day when players earned peanuts compared with today’s players some vital games were fixed by the players. This was usually in matches that affected relegation.

Happens to a lesser extent now too in regards to players. Remember United at home when they won their 19th title? We let them keep the ball for 15 mins as we were happy with a point. Remember it happening in a World Cup where both teams needed a draw too.

Looking on the website tickets are selling really well. Around 30 single tickets left in bburn lower, with not much more in the entire jack walker until you get down the darwen end side. With walk ons etc still to be taken into account. Really looking forward to this one!

1 hour ago, renrag said:

There are good referees, steady hands and poor ones. Keith Stroud is probably in the latter category but to even hint at crooked is beyond credibility

He really is a Luton fan since a youngster. Maybe due to a family connection, I don't know .

He does ref Luton  ...  but only in pre season friendlies.                         

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Enough talking about the ref FFS!

Has Mowbray hijacked a bunch of people's accounts or something?

If we lose it will correlate more with our shit form than any refereeing conspiracy.

OK, I am finished on that subject.

Like Jim said, this is set up for a classic Rovers kick in the groin.  Big crowd, hopes escalating, great oerformance last week.  History for the most part says I should brace meself for a big disappointment.

Fingers crossed we tonk em.  Ideal world, we beat em, make it to the playoffs, Forest pip Cherries to 2nd automatic and we do Bournemouth again in the playoffs with Rothwell getting the deciding goal.  Dreamin I know.

4 hours ago, renrag said:

There are good referees, steady hands and poor ones. Keith Stroud is probably in the latter category but to even hint at crooked is beyond credibility

It really isn't. I don't know why people are talking like the integrity of referees is beyond question. There are corrupt people in all walks of life. ALL. Refereeing isn't so hallowed it's immune.

I'm certain some of the referees in the era where Manure dominated took some bribes from them. The decisions they used to get were 'beyond credibility'.

Have a look at this and tell me again how it's beyond credibility for match officials to be crooked: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calciopoli

And those are just some that got caught. There's usually a lot more criminality going on than actually gets proven.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It really isn't. I don't know why people are talking like the integrity of referees is beyond question. There are corrupt people in all walks of life. ALL. Refereeing isn't so hallowed it's immune.

I'm certain some of the referees in the era where Manure dominated took some bribes from them. The decisions they used to get were 'beyond credibility'.

Have a look at this and tell me again how it's beyond credibility for match officials to be crooked: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calciopoli

And those are just some that got caught. There's usually a lot more criminality going on than actually gets proven.

That goal in the West Ham game years ago had me thinking. Anybody who saw it will know the game I mean. There was a lot riding on that game for West Ham.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can tell you with certainty that in 15 years as a Football League, Premier League and International official I was never approached to favour a certain team. That includes playoff matches worth a lot of money to the winning clubs. And I was never remotely aware that any of my close colleagues or even other referees had been approached. I had complete trust in them and if there had been anything underhanded it would have been reported. I can only speak for English referees.

• Like 4

If we don't commit silly fouls all afternoon and cut out the constant petulance surrounding refs every time there's an alleged foul we should be ok.

Don't give him any excuses just get the heads down on play, no pressure on us it's on them remember.  

Lets make them make the mistakes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ossydave said:

On the ref, wasn't our biggest gripe with him last time against Huddersfield that he turned a few penalties down? No point us getting them bastard things anyway given the last few efforts! Suppose we'd have Brereton to take them again now mind.

It's a stupid decision putting him in charge as it does put unnecessary pressure on if there's big calls to make, he'll be aware people have sussed out where he's from and who he supports. But let's just get on with it and hope we can get the job done without him having an opportunity to impact the result. There's very few top notch alternatives anyway, most refs at this level and below are garbage.

Fucking penalties. I was on to win £1,200 if Dack had slotted his against Bristol. Had him down as the goalscorer in a 1-0 win, came on in the 75th min, we get a pen, he takes it.. saved. Felt sick. And he missed an open goal a few mins later. 

As you can tell, I'm not over it. 

• Like 2

I was close to the one turned down against Huddersfield, CLEAR PENALTY.

Only one way to beat a bias ref,score goals that are beyond doubt and faultless.

• Like 1