BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

On 26/04/2022 at 14:36, Mattyblue said:

Looks to be selling well in the BEnd Lower and Jack Walker… so surely the same mistake won’t be made as Oxford, and ST info will be handed out to every match ticket buyer?

I got my ticket this morning at Ewood one of the few single seats left in the Blackburn end, there's still tickets for the Riverside available. I overheard the guy behind the desk saying it could be a sell out by Saturday to another customer.

15 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I got my ticket this morning at Ewood one of the few single seats left in the Blackburn end, there's still tickets for the Riverside available. I overheard the guy behind the desk saying it could be a sell out by Saturday to another customer.

Not a chance it will sell out. Even if all available tickets did somehow go, there is still the Blackburn End Upper and the other half of the Darwen End Lower to open up yet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

No chance! It will be a big gate by modern standards, certainly, but yon mon is getting a bit carried away there - which is understandable, as a 20k+ crowd without a big away following hasn’t happened since Oxford, so imagine it’s all hands to the pump down there.

However, it’s Thursday afternoon and the JWU still has a fair few left on the DEnd side, the Riverside is half empty, the BBUpper hasn’t been opened yet and there’s about 4500 empty seats in the DEnd Lower.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No chance! It will be a big gate by modern standards, certainly, but yon mon is getting a bit carried away there - which is understandable, as a 20k+ crowd without a big away following hasn’t happened since Oxford, so imagine it’s all hands to the pump down there.

However, it’s Thursday afternoon and the JWU still has a fair few left on the DEnd side, the Riverside is half empty, the BBUpper hasn’t been opened yet and there’s about 4500 empty seats in the DEnd Lower.

Riverside looks to have a couple of thousand still in too.

84 single tickets left in the Blackburn End lower and ~750 left in the whole Jack Walker

So those two stands alone we're looking at 15k-16k sold.

Looks like about half the Riverside and another 250 sold in the Darwen End +1.5k Bournemouth so far so i'd estimate we're at about 19k-20k already sold.

If think we might get 23k which will feel quite full considering the closed upper Blackburn end and half the lower Darwen end. I'm guessing it's also the biggest attendance since Oxford at home. We should be upselling the hell out of all the walk-ons. Improve the 'fan zone', season ticket info on seats, £5 off next seasons kit voucher (means they'd have to come back in a few months) etc....

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We're all going weak at the knees at the thought of a 20k+ crowd.

Just some twelve years ago that would have been considered a poor Matchday crowd on Ewood.

But what a sh*te 12 years it's been!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We're all going weak at the knees at the thought of a 20k+ crowd.

Just some twelve years ago that would have been considered a poor Matchday crowd on Ewood.

It would, but of course we had double the season ticket holders back then, our ST base having been absolutely destroyed under this regime, so a 20k crowd (with 2k away) for this modern shell of a club is a good effort, considering you need to flog big numbers (10k+) of walk on tickets…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, superniko said:

We should be upselling the hell out of all the walk-ons. Improve the 'fan zone', season ticket info on seats, £5 off next seasons kit voucher (means they'd have to come back in a few months) etc....

… they won’t be doing any of those things.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not a chance it will sell out. Even if all available tickets did somehow go, there is still the Blackburn End Upper and the other half of the Darwen End Lower to open up yet.

I knew it wasn't a sell out trying to panic a few more into buying a ticket. Could see 20-23 thousand, it's a bank holiday and last home game of the season.

5 hours ago, superniko said:

84 single tickets left in the Blackburn End lower and ~750 left in the whole Jack Walker

So those two stands alone we're looking at 15k-16k sold.

Looks like about half the Riverside and another 250 sold in the Darwen End +1.5k Bournemouth so far so i'd estimate we're at about 19k-20k already sold.

If think we might get 23k which will feel quite full considering the closed upper Blackburn end and half the lower Darwen end. I'm guessing it's also the biggest attendance since Oxford at home. We should be upselling the hell out of all the walk-ons. Improve the 'fan zone', season ticket info on seats, £5 off next seasons kit voucher (means they'd have to come back in a few months) etc....

Blackburn End Lower - 5k, Jack Walker Stand - 9k, Riverside - 6k

Those are the capacities. Your figures seem out by a bit. By my reckoning, we’ve currently sold 17,950. That includes Bournemouth’s 1.5k.

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

6 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Blackburn End Lower - 5k, Jack Walker Stand - 9k, Riverside - 6k

Those are the capacities. Your figures seem out by a bit. By my reckoning, we’ve currently sold 17,950. That includes Bournemouth’s 1.5k.

Jack Walker is 11k isn’t it? Or have I had a brain fart?

Anything around 18k home fans is a tremendous effort giving we started the season with the lowest gates for 30 years. Then throw in the biggest home defeat in our near 150 year history and the last 3 months of relegation form.

Just shows yet again the fans are out there.

Ok its taken cheap tickets and an outside chance of a play off spot for this one but so what, as always just be seen to be having a go, price it right and they will come.

Set your stall out for water treading, put out the same bullshit owners statement every summer whilst cutting the budget and putting prices up.  Most of them won't come.

• Like 5

• Backroom
21 hours ago, superniko said:

Blackburn End Lower and Jack Walker Lower pretty much sold out. 
We should get to 9k at least in the Jack Walker by the looks of it. So with away fans that’s 16k before Riverside and Darwen End (home) added on. 

EC4CAD54-1B63-46EA-AC67-2B32676E904D.jpeg

Take note of what happens when tickets are well-priced, Mr. Waggott!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Capacities are 8000 each in DE and BBE, 11,000 in JW and 4,500 in Riverside

Still think we will fall short of 20,000

Yeah that’s what I had them as too. 
So we’ve already sold ~5k BBE and ~10k in JW as well as just over half the Riverside and 2k in DE (including away) = about 19.5k already gone (18k home fans)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, arbitro said:

Are you saying he has cheated to assist Bournemouth wins? Fulham have a 0% win rate with Stroud this season - should Fulham complain about that?

Those Fulham stats, to me, just adds fuel to the fire.  Are you saying he hasn't?  Of course you are.  Hard to say if he's crooked or not without details of the games and decisions made.  May get a better idea after Saturday.