BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s a Luton fan according to Wiki. Which seems about right to me as they are the only club he hasn’t reffed looking at that website above…

I can’t find any other clubs he’s reffed 12 or more times that have an 86% win ratio. I can only find his home town club. 

Well he’s been a ref for years and has reffed every other club on numerous occasions, but he’s never reffed a Luton game and he says he’s a fan of theirs, so that seems pretty clear to me (though surely a Luton fan shouldn’t be reffing a play off rivals game either?!)

https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/keith-stroud/4/1/

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Well he’s been a ref for years and has reffed every other club on numerous occasions, but he’s never reffed a Luton game and he says he’s a fan of theirs, so that seems pretty clear to me (though surely a Luton fan shouldn’t be reffing a play off rivals game either?!)

https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/keith-stroud/4/1/

Must just be a whopping coincidence then that there record under him is so good and he happens to be from there.

• Like 1

Luton 6 points ahead with 2 games to go, obviously unrealistic but still a 1 to 5% chance or so that we win 2 and they lose 2. 
Mental he’d be allowed to referee based on that, let alone that his home town are our opposition. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Must just be a whopping coincidence then that there record under him is so good and he happens to be from there.

Well according to his LinkedIn he’s from North Hayling (near Portsmouth), and he is a declared Luton fan.

So I’m not bothered about any Bournemouth connections as he obviously doesn’t support them, but I’m puzzled to why a Luton fan should be allowed to ref a direct rivals game with two to go…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

I think we will do well if we get to 20,000.

The BBE lower might sell out - so there's 5,000

At present a few hundred at most in the lower DE

1900 Bournemouth if they sell their remaining tickets.

Riverside looks about half full at the moment, so say 2,500 at a push

That's about 9,500.

Meaning the JW would have to sell out completely to get past 20000. Looking at the planner still plenty available in the upper tier.

Blackburn End Lower and Jack Walker Lower pretty much sold out. 
We should get to 9k at least in the Jack Walker by the looks of it. So with away fans that’s 16k before Riverside and Darwen End (home) added on. 

EC4CAD54-1B63-46EA-AC67-2B32676E904D.jpeg

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Apparently Keith Stroud from Bournemouth is the referee on Saturday FFS 

Surely that's not allowed, you would think. Ok he supports a different team, but being from the town means he could be biased either way. He will know and have grown up with a lot of Bournemouth fans, which is likely to bias him for or against them depending what kind of person he is.

Professional refs should be banned from reffing who they support, as well as within 20 or so km of their hometown, as well as maybe 10km or so of anywhere they've lived for more than say, 5 years.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Surely that's not allowed, you would think. Ok he supports a different team, but being from the town means he could be biased either way. He will know and have grown up with a lot of Bournemouth fans, which is likely to bias him for or against them depending what kind of person he is.

Professional refs should be banned from reffing who they support, as well as within 20 or so km of their hometown, as well as maybe 10km or so of anywhere they've lived for more than say, 5 years.

I just had a funny turn ... seeing 'Keith Stroud' and 'Professional  refs' in the same post does that.

• Like 2

I reckon there'd be quite a surge of pay on the day folk in the Darwen end if QPR won on the Friday, you're gonna have a chunk of casual fans umming and ahhing still. Regardless of that result I just hope we can put on a good show and if nothing else derail Bournemouths automatic promotion bid. Honestly think they'd struggle in the play offs.

You'd think after Monday night the tombola would be packed away in his shed with a dust cover on till next season, in reality I bet he's itching to tinker though 😬 I think the only guarantee on Saturday is goals and lots of them, could be quite some game.

38 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

92% win record with Keith Stroud have Bournemouth. Losing 2-0 to West Brom this season was their first loss with him reffing I believe.

Keith Stroud doesn’t ref in the PL anymore. Bournemouth have been quite successful in the Championship in recent years…you don’t need to have a maths degree to work out the correlation.

”Why do Liverpool get so many penalties at Anfield ?” Something, something probability…

The fact we are obsessing over an accident of birth of the referee is frankly hilarious…our concerns should be how we managed to throw away such a promising position…and that sure as hell is not Keith Stroud’s fault…

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Keith Stroud doesn’t ref in the PL anymore. Bournemouth have been quite successful in the Championship in recent years…you don’t need to have a maths degree to work out the correlation.

”Why do Liverpool get so many penalties at Anfield ?” Something, something probability…

The fact we are obsessing over an accident of birth of the referee is frankly hilarious…our concerns should be how we managed to throw away such a promising position…and that sure as hell is not Keith Stroud’s fault…

That's completely different, this is the Bournemouth at home thread and I think we can quite rightly be peeved at having Keith Stroud after the debacle at home to Huddersfield.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

That's completely different, this is the Bournemouth at home thread and I think we can quite rightly be peeved at having Keith Stroud after the debacle at home to Huddersfield.

By quoting the 92% number you invited scrutiny as to Stroud’s integrity. He may be crap, but he isn’t corrupt…and he isn’t a Bournemouth fan more to the point.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

By quoting the 92% number you invited scrutiny as to Stroud’s integrity. He may be crap, but he isn’t corrupt…and he isn’t a Bournemouth fan more to the point.

You'd do well to find another referee/club combination anywhere near that.

It's absolute nonsense and insulting to suggest that Keith Stroud will favour Bournemouth in any way, shape or form. He might not be the best in somebody's view, get things wrong but questioning his integrity is simply wrong.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's absolute nonsense and insulting to suggest that Keith Stroud will favour Bournemouth in any way, shape or form. He might not be the best in somebody's view, get things wrong but questioning his integrity is simply wrong.

Him reffing this game is wrong. 90% win ratio, from the area coincidence huh?  AND. a Luton fan to boot, and some say there is no reffing conspiracy by the league.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Him reffing this game is wrong. 90% win ratio, from the area coincidence huh?  AND. a Luton fan to boot, and some say there is no reffing conspiracy by the league.

Are you saying he has cheated to assist Bournemouth wins? Fulham have a 0% win rate with Stroud this season - should Fulham complain about that?

• Like 1