BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

On 28/04/2022 at 15:37, superniko said:

84 single tickets left in the Blackburn End lower and ~750 left in the whole Jack Walker

So those two stands alone we're looking at 15k-16k sold.

Looks like about half the Riverside and another 250 sold in the Darwen End +1.5k Bournemouth so far so i'd estimate we're at about 19k-20k already sold.

If think we might get 23k which will feel quite full considering the closed upper Blackburn end and half the lower Darwen end. I'm guessing it's also the biggest attendance since Oxford at home. We should be upselling the hell out of all the walk-ons. Improve the 'fan zone', season ticket info on seats, £5 off next seasons kit voucher (means they'd have to come back in a few months) etc....

I agree with improve the fan zone, how about competitions with prizes for the awaiting supporters and entertainment.More chance of them coming back making it entertaining for the supporters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I can tell you with certainty that in 15 years as a Football League, Premier League and International official I was never approached to favour a certain team. That includes playoff matches worth a lot of money to the winning clubs. And I was never remotely aware that any of my close colleagues or even other referees had been approached. I had complete trust in them and if there had been anything underhanded it would have been reported. I can only speak for English referees.

Sorry, but no, you can only speak for yourself and for what other English referees told you. They'd have to be idiots to tell anyone they took a bribe. And that's only in regard to direct approaches from match-fixers, innate bias is a much harder thing to quantify, sometimes even for the person who is biased.

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think refs are biased,on a whole,and that includes the premiership,the standard of officiating in this country is scandalous and needs urgent attention

Most of the supporters those teams that don't bribe refs should have a protest one saturday with banners saying shite crooked refs out.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Sorry, but no, you can only speak for yourself and for what other English referees told you. They'd have to be idiots to tell anyone they took a bribe. And that's only in regard to direct approaches from match-fixers, innate bias is a much harder thing to quantify, sometimes even for the person who is biased.

You have clearly made your mind up that some English referees have been bribed (and biased) so it's pointless trying to convince you otherwise.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think refs are biased,on a whole,and that includes the premiership,the standard of officiating in this country is scandalous and needs urgent attention

That is bang on. Mistakes are made and supporters latch onto this and convince themselves the referee is cheating. There are lots of reasons for mistakes and one of them is that some referees just are good enough for the standard of football they officiate in.

If I had a fiver for every time I have been called a cheat I would be voting Tory 😂😂😂😂

• Like 6

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

You have clearly made your mind up that some English referees have been bribed (and biased) so it's pointless trying to convince you otherwise.

And you've clearly made up your mind that none of them have, so it's pointless trying to convince you otherwise.

Refs generally in England are shit....I haven't seen a good one yet this season in The Championship. The linesman at Deepdale on Monday being typical!

What compounds matters is VAR in the PL, even slowing things down and looking at situations from a variety of angles, the 'adjudicators' still get it wrong!

Biased/bent?......no, couldn't possibly be so!.....inept?....yep!!

Hate to be the doom bringer but Bournemouth need a result and after tonight’s results Rovers players will know there’s nothing left to play for. Wouldn’t expect much of a performance from the out of contract players sadly. 

I’ll go…

Kaminski 

Lenihan JVH Wharton Pickering

Travis Davenport (is he fit?) Buckley 

Gallagher Poveda Brereton. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Hate to be the doom bringer but Bournemouth need a result and after tonight’s results Rovers players will know there’s nothing left to play for. Wouldn’t expect much of a performance from the out of contract players sadly. 

I’ll go…

Kaminski 

You think absolutely no chance that Fulham can beat Sheffield United?Or it's beyond conceivable that Luton lose their 2 games?

It's a longshot now that we will do it but surely whilst still the remotest of possibilities you pick the team that won you the last match at a canter

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ll go…

Kaminski 

I don't see us winning but these players seem to thrive on there being no pressure, Mowbray told the players that our chances were over (paraphrasing his post match comments) and to relax and it led to a 4-1 win.

Why is Poveda in over Hedges and Davenport in over Rothwell? Even if both of the outs are injuries, they would be random choices to come in.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Well that result makes this match almost a dead rubber for us. Which ironically might give us a better chance tomorrow than if QPR won...

I'm very very angry about all this, tomorrow is effectively a dead rubber but I suppose I should wait until the theoretical possibilities have been completely exhausted before fully venting my spleen.

I wonder what the atmosphere will be like tomorrow, will it be fairly supportive or in my view as it should be, pretty hostile in view of the one off opportunity which has been spurned?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm very very angry about all this, tomorrow is effectively a dead rubber but I suppose I should wait until the theoretical possibilities have been completely exhausted before fully venting my spleen.

I wonder what the atmosphere will be like tomorrow, will it be fairly supportive or in my view as it should be, pretty hostile in view of the one off opportunity which has been spurned?

It would be counterproductive and unrealistic to expect the crowd to go into a game that has (albeit a tiny hope of) a chance riding on it being hostile. If it was hostile, then it would surely be against our idiot owners.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

A dead rubber is a match where the result, either way, is entirely meaningless to the overall outcome. It’s very much a live issue for Bournemouth and still marginally live for us. So the opposite of a dead rubber.

• Like 2