BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Dreaming of days like today"?

What, where there's bugger all at stake for us and the opposition Club are having a promotion party on our patch?

Yeah, can't wait for more of those. For me today has the feel of the City game shortly after Souness took charge here and they were promoted. Only difference being there won't be anywhere near as many opposition fans in attendance.

Remember that day. Chaos with all the citeee fans running on the pitch . Didn't souness give the players are tearing into after the game? Doubt Mowbray would do that if we lose

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Sickening isn't it.  Frequent too.

I will cheer the rovers for you today if your not there.In reality most Rovers supporters didn't think we would stay in the top 6 with this mainly young team.They will be more experienced for it next season.Lets rebuild around those youngsters that remain next season and go for the Championship title next season.If we can win our 2 remaining matches there's a very slim chance if other teams slip up. NEVER SAY DIE. Nice to see support from the U.S.A.

6 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I will cheer the rovers for you today if your not there.In reality most Rovers supporters didn't think we would stay in the top 6 with this mainly young team.They will be more experienced for it next season.Lets rebuild around those youngsters that remain next season and go for the Championship title next season.If we can win our 2 remaining matches there's a very slim chance if other teams slip up. NEVER SAY DIE. Nice to see support from the U.S.A.

Not having a pop at u but this young team mantra is nonsense.  How many of these players are 'youngsters'? Van hecke and he's not even ours. Most of these guys are experienced mid 20s players

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And between them they have hundreds of league appearances. The young team thing is a myth perpetuated by Mowbray to cover most of his own inadequacies.

And people fall for it.

All part of his subtle it’s not my fault narrative. Excuses excuses excuses. The way he talks about the age of the squad you’d be excused for thinking he’s a P.E teacher talking about his class of 8 year olds. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You know what I found really bizarre? When Mowbray was talking about a work/life balance and never seeing his family. I get that must be difficult, but when he took on the Blackburn Rovers job, he must have known where we were based. It’s been in the same town for nearly 140 years in fairness.

Exactly K-Hod.

If you choose to become a football manager, don't expect a nomal work/life balance. It goes with the territory.

If he doesn't get a new contract at Ewood - which I think he may still do - then he'll resurface somewhere else before too long.

• Like 3

Unlikely or not, a win today takes it to the final day… can some of you please just go outside in the sun and have a beer or something and perk up. 🤣

46 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Dreaming of days like today"?

What, where there's bugger all at stake for us and the opposition Club are having a promotion party on our patch?

Yeah, can't wait for more of those. For me today has the feel of the City game shortly after Souness took charge here and they were promoted. Only difference being there won't be anywhere near as many opposition fans in attendance.

I remember Souness used the celebrations to motivate our players for the following season. I imagine Tony will shrug his shoulders and mumble a bit. No big deal. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I for one thought we might challenge for an automatic place, but I expected a play-off place. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Exactly K-Hod.

If you choose to become a football manager, don't expect a nomal work/life balance. It goes with the territory.

If he doesn't get a new contract at Ewood - which I think he may still do - then he'll resurface somewhere else before too long.

Many of us have the issues of work/life balance to some degree. We aren’t lucky enough to have such a job on similar money to Mowbray. The comments sounded more like he was saying that he wouldn’t be too fussed to leave. Like when a girlfriend leaves you, I’ll be able to spend more time with my mates now anyway, not bothered me. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You know what I found really bizarre? When Mowbray was talking about a work/life balance and never seeing his family. I get that must be difficult, but when he took on the Blackburn Rovers job, he must have known where we were based. It’s been in the same town for nearly 140 years in fairness.

Completely agree with this,either move your family down or don't take the job.It's his own fault he's missed his son growing up.

• Like 7

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Exactly K-Hod.

If you choose to become a football manager, don't expect a nomal work/life balance. It goes with the salary.

Changed that for you.

I've had a few pals that worked on the oil rigs. Did they enjoy being away from their families for months at a time.

Nope, but they accepted it was a fair trade off for the increased wedge they got compared to the average. And they didn't moan about it once. 

Difficult to complain when you drive the flashest car on the street and take 2 more holidays a year to fancier resorts than everyone else.

The football world showing how deluded it is...as ever. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Silas said:

Changed that for you.

I've had a few pals that worked on the oil rigs. Did they enjoy being away from their families for months at a time.

Nope, but they accepted it was a fair trade off for the increased wedge they got compared to the average. And they didn't moan about it once. 

Difficult to complain when you drive the flashest car on the street and take 2 more holidays a year to fancier resorts than everyone else.

The football world showing how deluded it is...as ever. 

Football is completely detached from reality.  When I hear footballers whinge about playing too many games I cringe. They're living the lives of riley compared to nurses doctors paramedics etc who work 12 hour shifts for a tiny fraction of a player's wage. Footballers are living a privileged life  same goes for managers 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think I might have had Nyambe on the bench instead of Zefuik. Especially if this is going to be his last home game. I think the lad has earned that.

Its would affect Mowbray's 'It's about ME'' mentality, if this is really is home swan song

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yep! Agree, although in fairness he almost certainly didn't think he was going to be in charge for 5 years. Especially given out managerial turnover before him. He probably thought he was getting a quick 6-18 month gig at best.