BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

There will be lots of clapping today.

Applause for Tony on his last home game.

Applause for his really really young team.

Carnival atmosphere for the Bournemouth promotion party.

Suhail will send a few video clips back to the owners. All good.

What a pity we can't all go along with dead rubber chickens, which could be thrown onto the pitch to make an enormous bonfire of the vanities on which Mowbray's fragile ego could be sent skyward.

Gahhhh! We've missed the shops! Chicken Chokers 12 - Rovers Fans 0  😞

chikn 3.jpg

chikn2.jpg

chikn.jpg

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Interesting, Jones does quite a few prem games.

Watch him be horrific now 🤣 

He is a Select Group One referee and they predominantly operate on the PL. Similarly Select Group Two are Championship referees although both groups are contracted to work on Leagues One and Two when required.

6 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

A dead rubber is a match where the result, either way, is entirely meaningless to the overall outcome. It’s very much a live issue for Bournemouth and still marginally live for us. So the opposite of a dead rubber.

If it makes you feel better to keep clutching at straws then go for it. We all know I think in reality this is a dead rubber (for us).

I'll reframe the question slightly then.  I wonder what the atmosphere amongst the home support will be if we go a goal or two behind? Mowbray SHOULD be getting absolute pelters in that instance given what's happened in the second half of the season. The owners too if necessary. It's been a collective failure from everyone connected with the Club which started with an abysmal transfer window.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Let’s hope we don’t have reason to criticise any refereeing decisions today now 

Can we at least not imply the new ref is ‘crooked’ unless maybe Stroud has influence on his mates as well 

• Like 2

The 3 stooges that own this club should be abused from start to finish today, send a message to the horrible bastards.

This season is the closest we’ve come to a play off place since they orchestrated the clubs demise, let that sink in for a minute…..

Venkys Out.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Well that result makes this match almost a dead rubber for us. Which ironically might give us a better chance tomorrow than if QPR won...

I don't think last nights result changes too much (obviously would have been better if they lost)- we always probably needed to win both matches, because of the other chasing teams. 

Depending on today's results - the Championship could have its best final day for years. With potentially second spot to fight for and two play off positions.

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

The 3 stooges that own this club should be abused from start to finish today, send a message to the horrible bastards.

This season is the closest we’ve come to a play off place since they orchestrated the clubs demise, let that sink in for a minute…..

Venkys Out.

At £10 a ticket and with loads of familes/kids in attendance, there's no chance of that happening today Gav.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

No way should dropping from 2nd to 8th/9th be applauded as a good effort, but I think that's what we're going to see tomorrow. He's got the sympathy vote by doing that press conference, IMO.

When I initially read the interview he had my sympathy  - then I thought a little deeper - we have an important match today and he made the press conference about himself rather than the team - with a thinly veiled attack at the owners . Not defending how they have handled this - but the time for recriminations was after our final chance had gone. Unfortunately it seems to be a pattern where he will seemingly throw players, owners and fans under the bus to justify his position.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

When I initially read the interview he had my sympathy  - then I thought a little deeper - we have an important match today and he made the press conference about himself rather than the team - with a thinly veiled attack at the owners . Not defending how they have handled this - but the time for recriminations was after our final chance had gone. Unfortunately it seems to be a pattern where he will seemingly throw players, owners and fans under the bus to justify his position.

He answered the questions he was asked. 

Mowbray doesn’t deserve abuse. Some of the rhetoric on here is sad to see. We’ve faded badly this season and the buck stops with him but it would have been a remarkable achievement to get this squad of players promoted.

We should have made the play offs and I’m glad Mowbray is going but ultimately, he’s leaving us in a better position than when he joined. Wind the clock forward 12 months and I wouldn’t be surprised if we are dreaming of days like today..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Mowbray doesn’t deserve abuse. Some of the rhetoric on here is sad to see. We’ve faded badly this season and the buck stops with him but it would have been a remarkable achievement to get this squad of players promoted.

We should have made the play offs and I’m glad Mowbray is going but ultimately, he’s leaving us in a better position than when he joined. Wind the clock forward 12 months and I wouldn’t be surprised if we are dreaming of days like today..

“ I wouldn’t be surprised if we are dreaming of days like today “. And who’s fault would that be ? He’s had enough time to build a team that would be challenging again next season. A pound to a penny we won’t be.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

And if Mowbray is here next season we're likely to be fighting relegation.  Can't gey my head around some of these Mowbray sympathisers

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

“ I wouldn’t be surprised if we are dreaming of days like today “. And who’s fault would that be ? He’s had enough time to build a team that would be challenging again next season. A pound to a penny we won’t be.

One of my relations (a united fan) suggested phil jones might do well back at ewood, he's around 33 years old.

41 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

"Dreaming of days like today"?

What, where there's bugger all at stake for us and the opposition Club are having a promotion party on our patch?

Yeah, can't wait for more of those. For me today has the feel of the City game shortly after Souness took charge here and they were promoted. Only difference being there won't be anywhere near as many opposition fans in attendance.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, booth said:

Wrongly disallowed goal - check.

Soft sending off - check.

Blind eye to foul in build up to their goal - check.

Sickening isn't it.  Frequent too.  Glad Stroud is removed.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1