BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

There are 20k empty seats partly because this stadium was too big for the town unfortunately.

If Burnley, Preston, Bolton or Blackpool had a same sized stadium they'd have a similar number of empty seats.  That's just the way it is although personally i think we should have a few more turning up there are obviously reasons why most don't beyond being negative.

Bollocks.

We were averaging 25k a week 15 years ago.

It's only due to the total decimation of the club by the ownership that crowds are as low as they are.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Team Id like to see versus Celtic

Kaminski

Brown.     Carter.        Wharton.     Pickering

Travis.        Wharton

Dolan.           Buckley.      Brereton

Gallagher

What worries me is that defence.

Like this, take out Gallagher and replace with Vale/Burns 

45 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Kaminski

Travis.        Wharton

Gallagher

Wheres Ayala?

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Kaminski

Travis.        Wharton

Gallagher

I'd have Ayala instead of Carter.

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

So people should be positive about the ticketing, maintenance of Ewood, no signings, Venkys etc etc?

Absolutely not, my original point was regards how the young players performed at Stanley and Dundee.

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Bollocks.

We were averaging 25k a week 15 years ago.

It's only due to the total decimation of the club by the ownership that crowds are as low as they are.

You can keep trumpeting that all you want but what do you think we'd be averaging now in our position ?

Everything is the same except Vs fired off years ago ?

Come on what crowds are we getting ?   How many of the stadiums c25k home seats have bums on them at home to Milwall ?

Does anyone else think with 3 only pre season games remaining we should be playing the senior players for the majority? 

It was good to play the youngsters against Dundee but I think some of the senior players should have been given minutes too. I want the youngsters to get a chance but it shouldn't be to the detriment of all the 'experienced' players we have - they need minutes in the legs too!

Edited by Ruaney
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Does anyone else think with only pre season game remaining we should be playing the senior players for the majority? 

It was good to play the youngsters against Dundee but I think some of the senior players should have been given minutes too. I want the youngsters to get a chance but it shouldn't be to the detriment of all the 'experienced' players we have - they need minutes in the legs too!

There are 3 left?

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Easy enough selling out a 50/60k ground when pretty much every town in Scotland is full of glory hunters in either blue or green and white hooped shirts instead of their local club’s…

It's honestly heartbreaking to go for a walk around any Scottish town, especially those miles from Glasgow, and see people of all ages wandering around in the colours of that pair. I believe the biggest Rangers Supporters Club (I forget by which measure) is Lewis & Harris in the Hebrides!

What hit it home for me was couple of weeks ago. I was up there for a friendly with Ayr United - my Scottish team - played away from their home ground in a town down the road. One of the advertising hoardings - bearing in mind this ground is home to one of the bigger names in what was once Scottish Junior football - was from the local Rangers Supporters Club, advertising their buses to Ibrox...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just reading a Celtic forum,some very demeaning comments about our Club and support along the lines of our fans being EDL members looking for trouble etc,etc🙄

Just glad we are not playing this shower at Ewood.

At the cup game in Glasgow, I was struck by the numbers of Irish teenagers singing songs about IRA killing the English, when most of them were just a twinkle in daddies eye when the troubles were raging. This was in the pubs close to ground, we were in The Bairds Bar for a while, most of the pub in town were fine and to be honest ignoring the spotty knobheads the Bairds was fine too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Great video behind the scenes…if 2 or 3 of the Academy lads can make the step up and compete for a first team place & we make some decent signings we’ll be laughing 😆 It’s a big IF but we’ll get there!

Really excited about this group of young players & our manager #COYB 🌹 

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Easy enough selling out a 50/60k ground when pretty much every town in Scotland is full of glory hunters in either blue or green and white hooped shirts instead of their local club’s…

More a history/heritage thing with the Celtic support. Second, third, fourth generation Irish folk living in Scotland choosing to follow a club founded by an Irish priest with the intentions of getting rid of the poverty, within the Irish community, in the east end of Glasgow. Can’t speak for Rangers though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just reading a Celtic forum,some very demeaning comments about our Club and support along the lines of our fans being EDL members looking for trouble etc,etc🙄

Just glad we are not playing this shower at Ewood.

The games in the cup years ago drew out an element of our support you rarely see in a league season.

The EDL thing though wasn't helped by little groups of them coming into Blackburn from Bolton, Burnley, Leeds etc on the afternoon of our evening game.  I don't recall hearing of any major bother at either game though.

11 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

More a history/heritage thing with the Celtic support. Second, third, fourth generation Irish folk living in Scotland choosing to follow a club founded by an Irish priest with the intentions of getting rid of the poverty, within the Irish community, in the east end of Glasgow. Can’t speak for Rangers though.

I know all that, doesn’t mean they aren’t glory hunters, as they wouldn’t have thousands of fans in every town if they had never got any bigger than Queen’s Park or Partick, whatever the history.

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The games in the cup years ago drew out an element of our support you rarely see in a league season.

The EDL thing though wasn't helped by little groups of them coming into Blackburn from Bolton, Burnley, Leeds etc on the afternoon of our evening game.  I don't recall hearing of any major bother at either game though.

loads of celtic fans without tickets jumped the turnstiles at ewood,though there were hordes of them in the town centre there was`nt any trouble,think jumping jacks and utopia(peppermint place) was open for them,they did`nt exactly enhance their reputation,they were obnoxious but not violent