BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

He still has Lowe, Johnson and Benson so i'd assume somewhere in there is a role to familiarize him with opposition etc

I still think it will be a steep learning curve for him at times though.

Edited by tomphil

9 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Anyone else think he should have a local assistant manager at least as a number 3?  Just someone who is familiar with the division

Not really, should always just be the most talented man for the job imo, it's a bonus if they're local or already have an affinity with the club. 

I'm sure there are loads of 'locals' doing jobs and knocking about behind the scenes at the training ground that keep a lower profile

2 hours ago, tonyoz said:

Have we had such open access to our new manager going about his business before? Or have I just not bothered looking before?

Anyway, I like it. Letting the fans in is a good move; going from the reaction on here.

Good luck lad!

Tbf if I'm the Head of Comms I want Mowbray on camera as little as possible.

He  sucks the life out of a room on a good day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

That’s the first thing I noticed. How they were looking away and looking bored, slumped, disintestred, unenthusiastic . That’s what I looked like at 12 in maths . Not the way to make a good impression. You would think a fresh start and so many first team slots up for grabs the young lads would be shining his shoes whilst he speaks. Absolutely different world football

Whilst he was allowing them to know him personally as well as professionally.

But I’ve read he’s also capable of a bollocking so perhaps there’s a bit of an edge to that first meeting from those who have been on easy street.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

That’s the first thing I noticed. How they were looking away and looking bored, slumped, disintestred, unenthusiastic . That’s what I looked like at 12 in maths . Not the way to make a good impression. You would think a fresh start and so many first team slots up for grabs the young lads would be shining his shoes whilst he speaks. Absolutely different world football

Yeah I thought that as well. Indicative of the malaise that has run through the club from top to bottom. Holiday camp mentality. He’s going to have to upset a few.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Obviously it’s just a snapshot of a meeting, but generally it’s no surprise that so many young players drift down and out the league. Chapman being a prime example of pissing away his talent

I look back to my 20s and I pissed about, lack of focus, but then I didn’t have a very time limited career.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

First day back at school, new teacher and most have no idea who he is whereas they'd got used to the genial old headmaster they'd grown up with.

I hope he beasts the life out of them this next few weeks.

• Like 8

Markanday Travis and Gally were the ones that stood out as actually properly interacting with JDT where as most of the rest looked either scared or disinterested. 

I spend most of my day being very lazy at work but when a new boss turns up it's a tuck your shirt in, give a strong handshake and a smile and pretend I'm good at small talk. That wasn't there with a lot of the squad. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Dack looked like he was taking the piss at one point in a video I saw too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’ll be out of his comfort zone now his 2nd dad isn’t in charge anymore. Would not surprise me if he gets benched early on this season, especially if he’s anything like how he was end of last season

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

He’ll be out of his comfort zone now his 2nd dad isn’t in charge anymore. Would not surprise me if he gets benched early on this season, especially if he’s anything like how he was end of last season

I do hope JDT puts a size 10 right up the arse of anyone who doesn’t get on board. Loving what I’m seeing / hearing from the fella early doors. Let’s just hope he gets the supposed promised backing.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Obviously it’s just a snapshot of a meeting, but generally it’s no surprise that so many young players drift down and out the league. Chapman being a prime example of pissing away his talent

I look back to my 20s and I pissed about, lack of focus, but then I didn’t have a very time limited career.

One of my mates was on the books at Bury when they were in the old Div 2. Same Div  as Rovers at the time. I bumped into on the Saturday night and he told me he’d been selected to play against Wolves Reserves at Molineux in the old Central League on the following Tuesday afternoon. I was making my way home that afternoon after work when I saw him in one of the local record shops. I said “ I thought you were playing at Wolves today “.  He said “ I over slept and missed the coach “.

Needless to say he didn’t go far in the game. I’d have walked to Wolves to play at a ground like that. Some have the right attitude and some don’t . If it isn’t in you it’s hard for somebody to put it there.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

To be fair that cuttaway could have been filmed anytime and chucked in there to wallpaper over an edit. Someone else may have been speaking when that was recorded and they just used it because it’s one of the only shots they had and wanted the video out quickly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I do hope JDT puts a size 10 right up the arse of anyone who doesn’t get on board. Loving what I’m seeing / hearing from the fella early doors. Let’s just hope he gets the supposed promised backing.

That’s what’s needed. It’s been too easy peasy at Rovers for too long.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

If the new boss wants to get their full attention, he’d sell Dack during pre-season, then they’d all be clear that no-one is safe. I don’t think Dack will ever get back fit enough for this guy.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

If the new boss wants to get their full attention, he’d sell Dack during pre-season, then they’d all be clear that no-one is safe. I don’t think Dack will ever get back fit enough for this guy.

If I had to bet on it I’d say Dack will never be the force he was previously. Those were two really serious injuries. Being out for the best part of a year in todays football is never a good sign.

The thing is, everybody in football will be thinking the same. Who’s going to take a chance on buying him ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Dack will probably now be a player who has to be used wisely as opposed to first name on the team sheet.

The ability and football brain he has will always be more than useful but his fitness will probably need managing we don't want passengers in there just on reputation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Markanday Travis and Gally were the ones that stood out as actually properly interacting with JDT where as most of the rest looked either scared or disinterested. 

I spend most of my day being very lazy at work but when a new boss turns up it's a tuck your shirt in, give a strong handshake and a smile and pretend I'm good at small talk. That wasn't there with a lot of the squad. 

James Brown too.

But yeah you could see with the young ones he must be intimidating, agree on the rest, why can't they appreciate where they are. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If I had to bet on it I’d say Dack will never be the force he was previously. Those were two really serious injuries. Being out for the best part of a year in todays football is never a good sign.

The thing is, everybody in football will be thinking the same. Who’s going to take a chance on buying him ?

No-one.  We'll have had/will have the best out of Dack - he's at his highest level now.  He won't make a Prem move, so unless we go down, or for some reason he's unhappy, I can see him staying for his best years.