BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Very nice interview with JDT....what a breath of fresh air...

Truly is. Looks like he’s enjoying it! A stark contrast to our previous manager who looked pissed off that he’s had to make the journey in. We can only hope that his passion and enthusiasm is infectious. 

From what I’ve seen from training I’ve been very impressed. I don’t get the impression that Mowbray took training very seriously and seemed a bit lazy. I’m curious to see if our corners/set pieces get any better, as it was reported in the past that we didn’t work on them in training. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

He better be careful about calling the team ''Blackburn''.   Some of the fans on here get very touchy about that.

Really!

Just "blackburn" is right! 

To me it's eithers "rovers" or "blackburn" it's when people call them "The rovers" that my eye brow raises 🤨

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Really!

To me it's eithers "rovers" or "blackburn" it's when people call them "The rovers" that my eye brow raises 🤨

Well I have been supporting The Rovers for 50+ years, and I will continue to call them that.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Really!

How would you say going to watch them?

I’m going to watch Rovers

I’m going to watch the Rovers 

I’m going to watch t’Rovers

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

Well I have been supporting The Rovers for 50+ years, and I will continue to call them that.

Good for you, you want a medal or something 🤷‍♂️

It should be "ta" not "the" unless you're a bit posh. 😅

But anyway! Just calling them "Blackburn" is absolutely normal to me (just needs to drop the r a bit haha) 

2 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

How would you say going to watch them?

I’m going to watch Rovers

I’m going to watch the Rovers 

I’m going to watch t’Rovers

I wouldn't say "I'm going to watch.. " for starters 😂 

Just... I'm going ta rovers or I'm goin rovers. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Good for you, you want a medal or something 🤷‍♂️

It should be "ta" not "the" unless you're a bit posh. 😅

But anyway! Just calling them "Blackburn" is absolutely normal to me (just needs to drop the r a bit haha) 

What's a rabbit got to do with it ?

JDT says he knows what the starting 11 will be for the QPR opener.

Dack won't be in it, as he's not fit enough. 

He's got some decisions to make up top and at centre back. 

No idea if he's looking at a back 3 or 4. If it's a 4, I reckon it will be Ayala and Wharton with Carter missing out.

Upfront, Vale has put a good case forward due to his decent pre season. Obviously BBD will start and Buckley and Trav in the middle are guarantees.

Anyone hazarding a guess to the formation/lineup?

I reckon:

---------------------Kaminski 

Brittain-----Ayala----Wharton---Pickering 

------------Trav--------------Buckley 

----------------------Dolan 

Gallagher--------Vale-----------BBD 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Seems to be a coin toss as to whether we’ll go with 4 or 5 at the back. My gut after the second half yesterday, says 5. In which case I’ll predict:

Kaminski

Carter-Ayala-Wharton

Brittain-Travis-Buckley-Pickering

Dolan

Gallagher-Brereton

Aside from Accrington when availability dictated the formation we have played a back four which I think Tomasson prefers particularly now as he has a decent right back. Progressively over the pre season games I have noticed we have looked quicker and look to play an early pass rather than take too many touches. The interchanging of the front players has also been a feature. I have sat behind Tomasson on three of the games and he has barked at forward players several times for not dropping deeper and tracking back when out of possession. Along with that we look a lot fitter than we have for a few pre seasons now. For the first time in a while I believe we are creating an identity, a way to play which really enthuses me for the future. The players seem to be buying in to this also.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Seems to be a coin toss as to whether we’ll go with 4 or 5 at the back. My gut after the second half yesterday, says 5. In which case I’ll predict:

Kaminski

Carter-Ayala-Wharton

Brittain-Travis-Buckley-Pickering

Dolan

Gallagher-Brereton

I'd agree with most of that but after the pre season he has had think Vale will get a start