BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

2 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Out of interest, i haven't seen any of the friendly games. Would anyone have any feedback if they have noticed any difference in playing style, player improvement, anything really? 

Went to Stanley, too early to tell. Mate went to Hartlepool, said it was turgid. Just about fitness, and JDT seems happy with that. I don't think pre-season is any indicator.

• Like 2

On 26/07/2022 at 00:21, Butty said:

Fairly mental we got as many fans today for an open training session as we will probably get for the Hartlepool game in the Carabao cup. Good effort guys 👍🏻

If we get an FA Cup game on a Saturday make kids free with a paying adult 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 26/07/2022 at 16:38, roverstdt said:

Out of interest, i haven't seen any of the friendly games. Would anyone have any feedback if they have noticed any difference in playing style, player improvement, anything really? 

We played a 3-4-3 against Accrington Stanley - both 60 minute matches. I didn't see the match, but reports of the performance weren't exactly favourable. 

I didn't see the Dundee or Hartlepool matches either, but against Lincoln and Celtic we played 4-2-3-1. He's yet to play his First XI together I think - has wanted to see Academy graduates alongside those who we'd expect to be the starters.

In terms of playing style - it's possession based football with the front 4 playing narrow and the FBs providing the width. The front 4 also press as a unit at times. 

From todays interview... 

“We want to be dominant without the ball, and dominant and creating chances with the ball and not playing the ball around, which is what I call the dots disease where you play the ball round and round. We know where the goal is, we know where we need to go."

Or Mowbrayitus as it's more commonly called around these parts. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It is just continious stream of boring Mowbray spiel despite us being in the new dawn we all wanted.

he wants his team to press high, close down more. Then attacking wise he wants to passing with purpose and go forward. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just saw an analysis of Carlo Ancelotti and his management style. Tomasson spent a good chunk of time at Milan working under Ancelotti and his philosophy seems to be somewhat similar in terms of the team being the number one focus.

Given that he is possibly one of the best managers of all time this could potentially bode well.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20588979.blackburn-rovers-no-concerns-ben-brereton-diaz-amid-speculation/

JDT full of praise for the backroom team he's managed to retain:

That is helped by the information provided to him by the club’s analysis department as well as the coaching staff who were kept in place over the summer.

He said: “First of all we have a great analysis department, I have a great staff who are used to it. We have Damo, Dave and Ben who are used to the Championship, Remy has worked in the Championship before.

• Like 1

My issue with the retained staff was never them personally, I’ve no idea if they are good, bad or indifferent. It was more the chance of scuppering a potential decent managerial appointment if he could only bring in some of his own staff as a result.

If the appointee is happy to work with them, crack on. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Just saw an analysis of Carlo Ancelotti and his management style. Tomasson spent a good chunk of time at Milan working under Ancelotti and his philosophy seems to be somewhat similar in terms of the team being the number one focus.

Given that he is possibly one of the best managers of all time this could potentially bode well.

Yeah but JDT will never be as good as Duncan Ferguson 🙄😅

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

Tell you what I found odd - at half time there wasn’t a single coach out with the subs on the pitch. The players where literally booting 30 yard passes to each other, then walked back in. No warm ups, no drills…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Tell you what I found odd - at half time there wasn’t a single coach out with the subs on the pitch. The players where literally booting 30 yard passes to each other, then walked back in. No warm ups, no drills…

We noticed that too but both teams substitutes only came out about ten minutes into the half time period. The QPR subs then went through some coordinated drills but Rovers subs just wellied balls about.