BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely its about results not the standard of football. If McCarthy or Warnock was here playing similar and results wise would people still be complaining over the standard of football

Obviously isn’t about results for you as those types of managers are ‘dinosaurs who I don’t want here.’

• Like 5

On 09/02/2023 at 00:16, 47er said:

I think we often have things the wrong way round at Rovers. Instead of having a system in your head and trying to shoe-horn the players into it, why don't we pick our best players and then use a system that suits them?

Ridiculous to have better players on the bench than on the field.

That's not really an issue, is it. I look at our bench every week and think "bloody hell that's weak".

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

not very good at his job?

Surely its about results not the standard of football. If McCarthy or Warnock was here playing similar and results wise would people still be complaining over the standard of football

Interesting point you make about it being about results rather than performances. Here's JDT's take on that very issue:-

"If you look at the results, which I don’t do, but people do, media do, which is normal, then of course they could always be a little bit better. But I’m never looking at just the result, I’m looking at the performance and I see a team that’s becoming better on the ball. Going through the games we’ve played I think we can agree about that."

Jon Dahl Tomasson hits back at criticism over Blackburn Rovers form - LancsLive   

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did Farke even get interview? who else was interviewed. 

JDT was approach when GB become our Director of football and he left Malmo six months before he came here

not very good at his job?

Yet you would turn your nose up at such managers coming here because of their style of football. When Tomasson plays football that is even more dull, you are the first to defend him. Hypocrisy.

4 hours ago, Theaxe15 said:

Mowbrayesque that

Had he said it he would have been jumped on with criticism and understandably so.

Since the international break, we embarrassed ourselves v Preston, we got a good win at Norwich but it was a grind with a couple of lucky goals, we were terrible at Sunderland and barely had a shot, we deserved to lose v Boro, the Cardiff win was a borefest, the less said about Rotherham the better and then we were underwhelming at Bristol City and pitiful the other night v Wigan. The standard of performance has been as poor as it has all season and has gone further downhill even since prior to the World Cup.

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead
5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-form-tomasson-critcism-26210665

Apparently we are improving and have created chances. He is in denial.

Fair’s fair, Mowbray said similar and rightly got pelters. ‘I don’t look at the results, I look at the performances’.

They’ve been awful too! Our only goal threats have been nullified by this shite ‘style’. 

• Like 3

I hope it’s one of those like Farke at Norwich where the he 2nd season is a lot better. But league position (at times) aside, this season has been a bag of shite. I think I’ve only really enjoyed the Watford game this season. As a regular season ticket holder that’s shocking. It’s got to the point where I’m not sure I can be arsed going 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

I hope it’s one of those like Farke at Norwich where the he 2nd season is a lot better. But league position (at times) aside, this season has been a bag of shite. I think I’ve only really enjoyed the Watford game this season. As a regular season ticket holder that’s shocking. It’s got to the point where I’m not sure I can be arsed going 

Have you been to some of the away games? For me the non-performances have been the worst ever - and that's in 55 plus years of watching. At Coventry we had a big following and the away supporters usually enjoy themselves with a good old sing-song but even the lads there were stunned into silence

• Like 1

A few thoughts:

Rovers it seems have the reverse of the Midas touch, with everyone working for us turning out to be thoroughly dislikeable. Horrific comments that are totally negligent. 

Only at Rovers would results not be looked at. It goes against the very essence, the purpose of the game, to not consider results! I mean we don't tune into Final Performance but Final Score (well maybe not even that but you get the point.)  Points, games, trophies are decided by results. Utter gaslighting and an utter different reality to the game. And you wonder why the fanbase is declining. 

Comments like this, where's the hope? JDT (just doesn't think?) it seems is as big a tool as all who came before. There's no good guys in the club fighting against the tide of manure dragging us down. 

Certain posters it seems would argue for a military dictatorship or slave labour if it supported the club. But then certain posters are clearly a parody WUM account as no one, literally no one, is that hypocritical and lacking in self awareness. Probably best to not bite. The club can cause you enough stress all on its own. 

• Like 1

Its a strange season with the World Cup break but a whole month with the players should have given Tomasson a unique chance to really work to push on his supposed style and build on a good start in regards to results albeit with very indifferent performances.

We have been however noticeably worse since, creating no chances and results have also nosedived.

Out of interest @chaddyrovers do you agree that performances have improved/been good since the World Cup?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

"If you look at the results, which I don’t do, but people do, media do, which is normal"

At least the grinning grifter admits he's not normal.

in denial and a waste of space.

I get what he’s saying. He’s saying if the performances are right results should follow. Well yes, obviously. That doesn’t need saying. 

When the fans have had years of being told not to expect any kind of immediate success, or even success any time soon, then those kind of comments aren’t going to go down well.

It needs someone at the club to lift the gloom and show the fans what they want for the club. However the owners aren’t going to try. Waggot isn’t capable. JDT doesn’t seem to want to go that way. 

Who the heck is going to do it? 

Edited by den

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Have you been to some of the away games? For me the non-performances have been the worst ever - and that's in 55 plus years of watching. At Coventry we had a big following and the away supporters usually enjoy themselves with a good old sing-song but even the lads there were stunned into silence

Only a couple and they were diabolical. Saw the Coventry game online after paying a tenner and wanted my money back after 15 minutes. It’s so obvious when we aren’t going to win games, I’ve said it before that we have won games by accident this season and been slated. I still stand by it. There is no style of play. Whatsoever

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yet you would turn your nose up at such managers coming here because of their style of football. When Tomasson plays football that is even more dull, you are the first to defend him. Hypocrisy.

Overall I wouldn't want either here but I see JDT style will improve like Farke style did at Norwich over time. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest @chaddyrovers do you agree that performances have improved/been good since the World Cup?

I would say no. In some games/spells during games like Middlesbrough at home or Norwich away have good but overall no. 

1 hour ago, den said:

I get what he’s saying. He’s saying if the performances are right results should follow. Well yes, obviously. That doesn’t need saying. 

When the fans have had years of being told not to expect any kind of immediate success, or even success any time soon, then those kind of comments aren’t going to go down well.

It needs someone at the club to lift the gloom and show the fans what they want for the club. However the owners aren’t going to try. Waggot isn’t capable. JDT doesn’t seem to want to go that way. 

Who the heck is going to do it? 

It's all part of the ongoing dumbing down process to try to cover the fact there is no plan, no journey, no project.

These grifters knowingly signed up to a con and quickly become part of the fabric.

For years I have struggled with how some can't see through it and just accept the deceit which seeps through Ewood.

Mowbray was at Rovers so long he went through the whole bullshitting playbook. Nothing JDT can come out with is news to those who listen and remember.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Blue blood said:

A few thoughts:

Rovers it seems have the reverse of the Midas touch, with everyone working for us turning out to be thoroughly dislikeable. Horrific comments that are totally negligent. 

Only at Rovers would results not be looked at. It goes against the very essence, the purpose of the game, to not consider results! I mean we don't tune into Final Performance but Final Score (well maybe not even that but you get the point.)  Points, games, trophies are decided by results. Utter gaslighting and an utter different reality to the game. And you wonder why the fanbase is declining. 

Comments like this, where's the hope? JDT (just doesn't think?) it seems is as big a tool as all who came before. There's no good guys in the club fighting against the tide of manure dragging us down. 

Certain posters it seems would argue for a military dictatorship or slave labour if it supported the club. But then certain posters are clearly a parody WUM account as no one, literally no one, is that hypocritical and lacking in self awareness. Probably best to not bite. The club can cause you enough stress all on its own. 

We have got the Sadim touch.

12 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Fair’s fair, Mowbray said similar and rightly got pelters. ‘I don’t look at the results, I look at the performances’.

They’ve been awful too! Our only goal threats have been nullified by this shite ‘style’. 

We only have two goal threats - BBD & Dack. One has been nullified by his own head, the other is currently revitalised. 

It doesn’t matter one jot what ‘style’ of football we play - we have zero other goal threats. That’s our major problem. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's all part of the ongoing dumbing down process to try to cover the fact there is no plan, no journey, no project.

These grifters knowingly signed up to a con and quickly become part of the fabric.

For years I have struggled with how some can't see through it and just accept the deceit which seeps through Ewood.

Mowbray was at Rovers so long he went through the whole bullshitting playbook. Nothing JDT can come out with is news to those who listen and remember.

It’s like having a business and saying - “ Profit ? We’re not really here to make a profit, we’re just here to provide a service “.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-form-tomasson-critcism-26210665

Apparently we are improving and have created chances. He is in denial.

We haven't improved but we are creating chances. Boro, Bristol, Wigan - all chances to win but dropped points because we haven't addressed the problem in three transfer windows.

The difference between pre and post World Cup is that we were scoring goals. There will be little change unless we sign a striker or two.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, booth said:

We haven't improved but we are creating chances. Boro, Bristol, Wigan - all chances to win but dropped points because we haven't addressed the problem in three transfer windows.

The difference between pre and post World Cup is that we were scoring goals. There will be little change unless we sign a striker or two.

We have created very few chances in those games.

We have got worse after the manager has had more time with the players which is a big worry.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We have created very few chances in those games.

We have got worse after the manager has had more time with the players which is a big worry.

I watched all three games, and we had good chances to win those games but Brereton, Gallagher and co fluffed them. It doesn't matter how much you want to believe otherwise.

1012626501_Screenshot2023-02-11at14_29_45.thumb.png.8483b66de6f9d8276597c5b1b69c17e3.png

745715008_Screenshot2023-02-11at14_29_22.thumb.png.3487ff737ae4d711d43b3d3c79f63da3.png

564722665_Screenshot2023-02-11at14_30_02.thumb.png.4b4d66e3287fed7b33cc7a507760dc05.png

We haven't got worse, apart from the scoring part, we were playing badly in the first half of the season and winning. I sat through a lot of those games, wondering how we were winning. One that sticks in my mind was the WBA game at home. Edun came on and tried his best to make it a loss.

The best performance was against Blackpool, and we still only came away with one goal. It's always been a problem.

1653533572_Screenshot2023-02-11at14_32_31.thumb.png.0970beb157081a11c357607cc2ca4feb.png

Edited by booth
Screen grabs for illustration.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I watched all three games, and we had good chances to win those games but Brereton, Gallagher and co fluffed them. It doesn't matter how much you want to believe otherwise.

We haven't got worse, apart from the scoring part, we were playing badly in the first half of the season and winning. I sat through a lot of those games, wondering how we were winning. One that sticks in my mind was the WBA game at home. Edun came on and tried his best to make it a loss.

The best performance was against Blackpool, and we still only came away with one goal.

A lot of truth in this. We've played badly for 90% of this season as an attacking force. We've won games because in the first half of the season we were taking a chance or two and then defending very well. In some ways it was a carbon copy of that purple patch under Mowbray last season that took us to 2nd. 

There have been a few signs that we can play better football. Thomas will make a difference because he can beat a man and get a cross in. Our usual wide men (Gally, BBD and to a lesser extent Hedges) are useless as creators of chances. 

I watched Sunderland the other day. Mowbray has 3 players just behind the striker. They are Diallo, Roberts and Clarke. All 3 are quick and can beat a man. 

As much as JDT gets on my tits, he needs time to get his own players in. 

• Like 1