BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Get the players to come up with ideas for set pieces.

Yeah. As part of the "presentations" they now have to do. Being a footballer just seems boring as fk these days. No wonder they seem to be just making as much money as they can at the start of their careers then retiring early (many under 30 now it seems) 

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Eeewww no it isn't a burger!! It's nicely seasoned mince meat between 2 thick slices of potato, battered and deep fried! Not many chippys still do them and of those that do not many do them well

It comes from a time before burgers, but it was just my lazy way to descrbe it. Your description is far better than mine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Issue with our set pieces at home has always been the slope for corners. Discourages inswingers because the player has to come up the slope.

MGP, Charlie and that Coventry set piece taker from last month all show it can be mastered.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt is getting well into the idea of a family business in leafy whalley,he`s getting behind the chip range in his spare time assisting mrs t,i hope they don`t get greg involved serving,he`ll inevitably **** the order up and you`ll get scampi instead of a steak pudding

Greg has just signed a striker in May. Might not be all bad.

• Like 1

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

But my point is why does it need a separate coach just for planning a few set piece scenarios, surely the regular coaching team should be able to come up with a few ideas themselves.... they'll be hiring someone extra to pick the starting 11 next and deciding when to introduce subs (yes I'm being a little ott) i just wonder exactly what the head coach and his assistants do on the training grounds these days, they just micro manage things, even though you'd think they'd have time to be more hands on

Judging by this season if the current coaching team are attempting set piece training it isn't working very well, so I assume they felt it was a weak area that needed to be addressed. 

5 hours ago, rigger said:

You will probably need to explain what a dab is.

I can understand not knowing what a john bull is, they're pretty old school and not that common, but how the fuck could anyone not know what a dab is?

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Andy said:

Holly Tree chippy do a cracking John Bull and not too far from Ewood, for those travelling from outside the local area 👌

Their john bulls are great! (but the chippy itself in general is pretty overrated though for my tastes and a bit expensive)

The chippy at the manxman recently had new owners and I've got to say they're the best chippy locally for me 🙂 (sadly they're not open match days though, just weekdays dinner and T time) 

I grew up in Lancaster, lived a long time in Inverness. I appreciate my deep fried chippy food but I never heard of a John Bull until now - just googled some pics - that looks amazing! I will seek one out next time I’m in the right part of the county (never ever saw one as a kid in Lancaster). 

Generally you’re better served for deep fried stuff up here, if you’re a connoisseur of this kind of food - battered white pudding, red pudding, black pudding, haggis & smoked sausage are all worth a try if you’re up here and are available in all chippies. The world famous Mars Bar, before you ask, is nice on the first bite, two sweet on the second and positively sickly by the time you finish it. Pizza (yes with batter) is not worth it either - tastes like over greasy fried bread. 

I miss quality chippy pies though. Pies up here are a disgrace! 

Not even trying to stay on topic am I? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RoverInverness said:

I grew up in Lancaster, lived a long time in Inverness. I appreciate my deep fried chippy food but I never heard of a John Bull until now - just googled some pics - that looks amazing! I will seek one out next time I’m in the right part of the county (never ever saw one as a kid in Lancaster). 

Generally you’re better served for deep fried stuff up here, if you’re a connoisseur of this kind of food - battered white pudding, red pudding, black pudding, haggis & smoked sausage are all worth a try if you’re up here and are available in all chippies. The world famous Mars Bar, before you ask, is nice on the first bite, two sweet on the second and positively sickly by the time you finish it. Pizza (yes with batter) is not worth it either - tastes like over greasy fried bread. 

I miss quality chippy pies though. Pies up here are a disgrace! 

Not even trying to stay on topic am I? 

Bang on topic. 

John Bulls are a local delicacy of the Blackburn area.

Next you'll be telling me a teacake has currents in it. 

• Like 3