BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

21 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Good shout! Maybe something for the supporters trust to ask a question on?

I guess it may include all the fitness and coaching staff?

Edit - just saw the above, so thats not the answer. No idea where the 75 comes from?

Another fans forum question ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Staff and players 1 July 21 to 30 June 22 senior team

Suhail Waggott Mowbray Venus Johnson Benson Sheron lowe

Kaminski Pears Stergiakis Eastham Hilton Dowling

Nyambe Pickering Johnson Ayala Davenport Armstrong Rothwell Gallagher Dolan JRC

Butterworth Wharton S Chapman Buckley BBD Dack Carter Lenihan Travis Magliore

Brennan Pike Garrett Vale McBride Sam Barnes Annesley saadi Pleavin Durrant Clarkson Poveda Van Heckle Khadra Edun Sam Burns Harry Leonard James Brown Zeefuick Hedges Markandy Giles Wharton A.

extended scholar contracts Cirino Harlock Gilsenan Baker Ferguson Lonsdale

That's 62 including the scholars nowhere near 75 as shown in accounts 

Cheston and Silvester would also go onto that list to make it 64.

There are a couple of Directors of Indian background who might also be added, I think. One is called Gandhi Babu, not sure of the other.

Would Lynsey Talbot, Yasir Sufi and the women's team staff probably take it up to 75 from there? I assume that's what it is.

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Staff and players 1 July 21 to 30 June 22 senior team

Suhail Waggott Mowbray Venus Johnson Benson Sheron lowe

Kaminski Pears Stergiakis Eastham Hilton Dowling

Nyambe Pickering Johnson Ayala Davenport Armstrong Rothwell Gallagher Dolan JRC

Butterworth Wharton S Chapman Buckley BBD Dack Carter Lenihan Travis Magliore

Brennan Pike Garrett Vale McBride Sam Barnes Annesley saadi Pleavin Durrant Clarkson Poveda Van Heckle Khadra Edun Sam Burns Harry Leonard James Brown Zeefuick Hedges Markandy Giles Wharton A.

extended scholar contracts Cirino Harlock Gilsenan Baker Ferguson Lonsdale

That's 62 including the scholars nowhere near 75 as shown in accounts 

you have missed off the recruitment, sports scientist and medical staff.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogerb said:

Players and management? Some of the young lads I listed could have been in the academy numbers. It's difficult to know.

Recruitment, medical and Sports Science staff will be included in this section 

11 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Cheston and Silvester would also go onto that list to make it 64.

There are a couple of Directors of Indian background who might also be added, I think. One is called Gandhi Babu, not sure of the other.

Would Lynsey Talbot, Yasir Sufi and the women's team staff probably take it up to 75 from there? I assume that's what it is.

and Chaddy.

• Like 3

On 31/12/2023 at 12:06, joey_big_nose said:

Thanks for this response. My view is that all these players were a key part of a team that finished just outside the playoffs on goal difference last year and 8th the year before with the only significant loss being BBD and he was a passenger the second half of last season. I can't see how its now a lower mid table squad. It's all opinions I suppose but Pickering, Hyam, Carter have all proven themselves as capable at this level. Brittain I accept has been a bit more hit and miss, but he looks a good player to me when properly supported. Moran has only had a three months here so harder to judge. But he looks a good one to me too.

We are playing in very radical way at the moment. Pushing sometimes eight players forward when we break and looking to our defenders to handle counters on their own. My supposition is if we took fewer risks, sat in our shape a bit more, then broke at speed when it opens up, then we could stop conceding as many soft goals and not lose many of our goals the other way. We can be more direct, we don't need to have 20 touches through the middle of the park to get to the box. As someone said on the Hull thread we looked like we could hurt them with direct passing, like the Szmodics goal, but we rarely don't try it. 

And if we sit in our shape a bit more our tired players will be able to conserve our energy a bit more and be less vulnerable to the simple passing mistakes in midfield which have plagued us. Most of the goals we have conceded recently stem from poor loose passes in the middle of the park we didn't need to make.

They did miss out on the play offs last season but on the other hand the second half of the season wasn't great and it was obvious that we needed strengthening in key areas and a bit of depth added. You can carry lesser players but not if you don't build on the quality you have.

We're a lower mid table squad as we don't have any decent strikers, and this season it seems any decent goalies. We're also too reliant on kids in the first team but especially on the bench. I can't agree with Pickering as I've always thought he was a poor signing. His offensive work sometimes masks his defending, but I think overall he's a very poor defender. The same goes for Brittain too.

I remember the few games where we did take fewer risks and we barely entered the opposition box and still lost. I'm not saying JDT is blameless, but don't think he has much choice with the players we are stuck with.

At one of the later games (before the story was broke) I was told Waggott was planning to sell our best young players and get rid of any high earners to keep the lights on. That came from someone within the club who was pissed off, and it was being discussed (in disgust) amongst the players. Can't be a motivator! So I know who I blame.

• Like 3

I think his time at the club is coming to an end. I don't think they'll sack him because that would involve paying him off.....so I'm expecting a Paul Lambert slow death scenario.

If he was to go, I'd be looking at John Eustace. Knows the league, worked under mad owners at Birmingham, and was doing very well over there before they saw dollar signs in appointing Rooney.

The sad reality is we'd probably end up with an internal appointment or someone deeply underqualified like Lee Johnson.

Next season has me terrified for the future of our club. God help us!

• Like 2

Whatever happened to Damien Johnson. Not advocating for him just curious. Was doing well with the youth team and seen his name get mentioned for promotion once a twice back in the day. Is he still at the club ?

I think he'll walk in the summer. He's done well the first season but he's been abysmal thus season.  Yes he's had nothing to work with but good managers can get something working with average players.  Look at the Ipswich Town manager Schumacher. The only problem is they'll appoint another terrible mercenary 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I think he'll walk in the summer. He's done well the first season but he's been abysmal thus season.  Yes he's had nothing to work with but good managers can get something working with average players.  Look at the Ipswich Town manager Schumacher. The only problem is they'll appoint another terrible mercenary 

McKenna?

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

The whole "attractive football" ethos of the club doesn't belong to Tomasson. He just has a different way of implementing the club party line than his predecessors.

Whoever is advising Venkys, or even Venkys themselves, want this idealistic way of football that doesn't bring anything to the table in the practical world. They've been trying this since we sacked Allardyce. Nothing much has changed, perhaps other than getting some absolute rotters out of the club that they employed in the first place.

The same ethos exists. Replace Tomasson, and we'll get another Head Coach who tows the "attractive football" line. Some days it'll work. Some days it'll make you feel that we're onto something. But, overall, it won't make any difference because you can't sustainably pull that type of football off with whatever little resources we seem to have.

Anybody here hoping for a "Colin" appointment must be aware that it will never, in a million years, happen.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 3

Owners - who a have butchered the club beyond all recognition. Waggott - a slimy agent conman who is only interested in self preservation for a £350k job he’s wholly unqualified for. The egg - a director of football who wouldn’t know what a good player was and then couldn’t get the deal done if he did. JDT - a manager totally wedded to a failing ideology who couldn’t coach them to defend if his life depended on it.

Let the good times roll. 

• Like 1

Main difference with JDT and Mowbray is Tony had built up a lot of brownie points in the first few years at the club and that credit in the bank gave him a lot of leeway inside Ewood later on.

Jon doesn't have that credit understandably and it's clear even taking into account sales/injuries/0budget that last season had an element of new gaffer bounce to it.  Just as Mowbray did at Sunderland but as time moves on methods and styles bed in and it doesn't look quite as effective as it first did.

Then of course lump in all the other issues and here we are but make no mistake if it carries on sections of fans will turn on matchday.

• Like 3

Given Swag set the objective as staying in the division and developing youngsters, JDT is fulfilling the mandate admirably with an 11 point gap plus goal difference seperating us from the relegation places.

There is no basis for dismissing him based on the CEO's targets.

😇 - as close to a tin hat as I could find...

• Like 1

Given Swag set the objective as staying in the division and developing youngsters, JDT is fulfilling the mandate admirably with an 11 point gap plus goal difference seperating us from the relegation places.

There is no basis for dismissing him based on the CEO's targets.

😇 - as close to a tin hat as I could find...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

JDT won’t be potted, he’ll walk himself or just wander off when his contract runs out.

I’ve seen a few saying GB should be potted - he won’t be, he’ll be here as long as he fancies but eventually end up as Sporting Director at a random Belgian club, chatting bollocks on a podcast or as some kind of managerial consultant, still chatting bollocks on a podcast.

Swag should be sacked? Of course, but he won’t be, he’ll fill his pockets until he chooses his own retirement date and rides off into the sunset without giving the mess he leaves behind a second thought.

These owners sack nobody as they have no standards, no drive, no will to win, no accountability, no passion, no pride and it has polluted this club to its core.

The club is finished unless they finally give it up as a bad job and once and for all fuck off. 

agreed with all above.

lets all remember that the wenkys didnt even sack Steve the Twat 

• Like 1