BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

5 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Got to love this guy sometimes. He calls it out

"The project has changed totally. Now, there are still days left so we should give the club the chance to bring players in.

"We need players with experience and goal-scorers. It hasn't changed. "It will be exciting, I am looking forward to this week. I am excited to see what the club can bring in."

My initial thought just from reading that is that he's goading them and applying some pressure at the same time. I like it. I get the feeling he views those above him in a similar way that many of us on here do.

The quote reads like how we would sarcastically say "we can't wait to see which exciting things happen in the last few days of the window". Whilst having a fair idea it's going to be a load of shit and nothing to get excited about.

I'll have to watch the interview to see how it was said. Good on him though, for putting the spotlight above him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I am certain JDT is 100% in the picture about what Broughton and his team are working on.

If JDT is feeling excited, I am allowing myself a little twinge.

If JDT is genuinely excited and in the loop then i feel the start of a chubby…

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

Another reason to appreciate JDT. Speaks the truth and what we are all thinking.

Where does this end?

Probably with another Owen Coyle and relegation

• Like 2

Frustratingly this will fuel so much speculation and drama which isn't what we need. How I miss being a normal football club. 

I don't believe he has walked nor that he has been sacked. Poor way to handle it though.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TommyRovers said:

Frustratingly this will fuel so much speculation and drama which isn't what we need. How I miss being a normal football club. 

I don't believe he has walked nor that he has been sacked. Poor way to handle it though.

What do you understand to be the reason then? You're usually on the pulse I think...

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

What do you understand to be the reason then? You're usually on the pulse I think...

I don't know in all honesty but resignations and sackings usually get leaked beforehand. There hasn't been a hint of either

• Like 2

I’ve HEARD last night that JDT was fuming about Wharton leaving as the entire way of playing was built round a central pivot point. Unhappy with the signings and the club probably (my guess) knew that in the current circumstances his interview wouldn’t be well received by fans and would only cause more negativity. He was not a happy man last night apparently.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Of course he isn’t going to be happy. Lost one of our best players and got in a load of crap. 

I know it’s pretty obvious what it’s about. People need to remember he can’t walk as he’s in a contract, however he can be sacked…That’s not going to happen if we don’t have any money.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

‘What’s his problem? He got loads of players in, needs to stop moaning’ is the crux of the Twitter replies to Elliot Jackson.

They need to stop moaning if we keep losing then.