BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

4 minutes ago, Polky said:

Wasn’t Ainsworth interviewed before JDT got the job?

He’s out of work, so will be cheap for Venkys.

Although he’s one of us, it would be a terrible appointment.

I had that thought earlier..i can see it happening

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am not bothered about legends being sullied, I want someone who can set up a team for a scrap, because that is what we are in.

We need a team for a scrap first.

• Like 3

Just now, den said:

This situation can’t go on. JDT is making his own position untenable.

I respect his honesty though.

It sounds like he wanted to leave but they are holding him to his contract.

Has this ever happened at a football club before?

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

Interestingly it seems directed at waggot and suhail and not Broughton. 

They came along at a similar time, I expect they both feel the same way about the project compared what was sold to them. This is certainly a problem stemming from further up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

Interestingly it seems directed at waggot and suhail and not Broughton. 

Think that bit is important to note. He's literally told us who to point the blame at.

The day before the window closed there were some (albeit loose) links to players who I thought more closely aligned to the 'project'.

The day after, it's nothing but loans. 

If you can't read between the lines now, then you're a blind person.

• Like 7

• Backroom

"No comment but you probably already know" says everything. It's actually what we all thought - he was absolutely fuming at the state of yet another terrible transfer window and was going to unload if allowed to speak. Evidently he's been instructed to say nothing, but what he's just said is enough without him having to break any rules imposed upon him. 

• Like 5

Irrespective of how much you rate/don't rate JDT, these latest revelations have made it impossible for us to continue as we are. He must be released from his contract, he's not wanted to be here all season. Staying as we are, takes us into league one.

• Like 9

I don't know if it's been reported on here as I haven't read through the recent posts but I was told today that Tomasson was actually sacked yesterday by one of the male Venky siblings but reinstated later by the woman Venky. 

• Like 4

Just now, arbitro said:

I don't know if it's been reported on here as I haven't read through the recent posts but I was told today that Tomasson was actually sacked yesterday by one of the male Venky siblings but reinstated later by the woman Venky. 

good lord

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Are we now just waiting to see what the third Venky wants to do?? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

i thought people saying the recent mess is worse or as bad as when we first went down were speaking a bit of hyperbole, but i'm fully behind that sentiment now. this stuff?? again??  more insular rich kid infighting further crippling our club.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And there it is. As we all knew it was to begin with. The REAL problem with this football club.

VenkysOut

• Like 6

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If JDT is disappointed and furious he should quit. Why stick around for 18 months wages? Just makes him look weak and will keep eroding his reputation...

He says he offered to walk away in the summer for free and they said no, although of course that isn't the same as an actual resignation. According to this under UK law an actual resignation can't be turned down by an employer. 

https://www.irwinmitchell.com/news-and-insights/newsletters/employment-update/myth-busting-employers-have-to-accept-an-employees-resignation#:~:text=It is a common misconception,employee%2C without the other's agreement.

It is a common misconception that an employee’s notice of resignation is not valid unless it has been "accepted" by the employer.  The position at common law is that a notice, once validly given, is effective and can neither be "refused" by the employer or "withdrawn" by the employee, without the other's agreement.

• Like 2