BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, nbdrovers said:

i thought people saying the recent mess is worse or as bad as when we first went down were speaking a bit of hyperbole, but i'm fully behind that sentiment now. this stuff?? again??  more insular rich kid infighting further crippling our club.

Absolutely correct, we go down, we ain't coming straight back like before

Had characters like Danny Graham , Dack and Charlie Mulgrew. There's nothing like that here now

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Absolutely correct, we go down, we ain't coming straight back like before

Had characters like Danny Graham , Dack and Charlie Mulgrew. There's nothing like that here now

i meant from the premier league!!

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

JDT sticking the boot in on Waggott, Suhail and The Cretins.

Good man 👏

Just gone back up in my estimations.

Screenshot_20240203_180347_X.jpg

There are still people in the comments defending the ownership. I don’t know how clear it has to be for them. 

• Like 3

I’m assuming JDT offered to walk away for free last summer, not this summer because the aim for the club was simply “stay up”. That was turned down and now they’ll have to sack him and pay up his contract.

Just for clarification. What a total shitshow.

Edited by den
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, booth said:

We need a team for a scrap first.

No in a scrap you need someone in charge who is willing to play a system that is made for a scrap. Then you play the players with the best ability to play in that system. It might not be the most attractive way to play, but needs must. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

It doesnt make a difference who will replace Jon. As long as the club is as rotten as right now its impossible for a coach to succeed. Even Pep would fail.

Absolutely. None of the named "candidates" would take a call from Venkys or their minions. I'm sure word gets around, particularly with any UK based managers, and only the very desperate would be interested in working for a bunch of lying scumbags like our owners. People who renege on agreements with managers, clubs, players and communities. Until Venkys go, it doesn't matter who is coaching the team. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rigger said:

No in a scrap you need someone in charge who is willing to play a system that is made for a scrap. Then you play the players with the best ability to play in that system. It might not be the most attractive way to play, but needs must. 

I agree, but I don't believe we have many players with the ability to scrap. They've not planned for this at all despite knowing for some time that we were heading for trouble.

24 minutes ago, booth said:

It sounds like he wanted to leave but they are holding him to his contract.

Has this ever happened at a football club before?

i don`t understand,if you want to leave then resign,you just lose your monthly/weekly pay and an bonuses acrued,what are they going to do,sue him!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

There are still people in the comments defending the ownership. I don’t know how clear it has to be for them. 

I blame the walker family. They didn’t care who they sold to.

• Like 3

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t understand,if you want to leave then resign,you just lose your monthly/weekly pay and an bonuses acrued,what are they going to do,sue him!!!!!!!

He’s under contract. If he wants to work for another club at some point during that contract period he needs some agreement from Rovers. He can’t just resign tomorrow and rock up at another club next week. Same as a player can’t.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, booth said:

I agree, but I don't believe we have many players with the ability to scrap. They've not planned for this at all despite knowing for some time that we were heading for trouble.

I am not a professional manager, but my system would be 3 central defenders, 3central midfielders, 2 defensive wing-backs, and 2 forwards.

This would probably mean dropping Szmodic, not because of any deficiency, but because he wouldn't fit the system.

Edited by rigger

4 minutes ago, BlueXIII said:

JDT has put Venkys to the sword. Likely gone soon. The legions of garbage Venkys supporters on the facebook groups btw are all still fully backing Venkys and saying this is the best we can do.

They have to either be plants or plant pots. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

If you sign a contract and then break it, I'm sure that technically they could do yes.

30 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Think that bit is important to note. He's literally told us who to point the blame at.

The day before the window closed there were some (albeit loose) links to players who I thought more closely aligned to the 'project'.

The day after, it's nothing but loans. 

If you can't read between the lines now, then you're a blind person.

I'm glad he has done that. The omission of Broughton is quite important and suggests he isn't to blame.

I have given Broughton stick due to his philosophy on the game, his suitability as a DOF, imo, and his eye for a player.

I still have those concerns. However, I do believe that he has been acting in good faith and trying to meet the 'project', only for the clueless above him to kibosh things that he had lined up.

The O'Brien saga wasn't his fault and if anything has gone similarly wrong with McGuire it's probably the same people to blame. As JDT's comments suggest.

When JDT and GB were talking about the 'project' early doors and talking about being a "sustainable Premier League club", I think they genuinely meant it and were working towards that. Both have been sold a pup by charlatans.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, booth said:

If you sign a contract and then break it, I'm sure that technically they could do yes.

Indentured servitude finished in the 19th century..... The employee can break an employment contract at their will without penalty. The difference is if you walk you get no comp, if youre sacked your contract is paid up.

• Like 2