BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

JDT leaving is no surprise whatsoever. I have little faith that anyone at the club will get the next appointment correct.

JDT has been looking for the sack for a long time now. He knew his comments in the media wouldn't be tolerated forever.

Results have been absolutely wank as well for far too long.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

We've been losing at home with alarming regularity this season and it's the same pattern and problems ever time iv'e never seen a manager repeat something so many times when it's clearly costing points.

Even old Tone altered things a bit in death spirals.

What? Playing an imbalanced squad, filled with academy players, freebies and players who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo?

Old Tone got backed.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We've been losing at home with alarming regularity this season and it's the same pattern and problems ever time iv'e never seen a manager repeat something so many times when it's clearly costing points.

Even old Tone altered things a bit in death spirals.

I don't think it has anything to do with results. The writing was on the wall in Friday after the transfer window debacle and cancelling his press conference. I really hope he blows the lid on the whole sorry mess.

• Like 4

Just now, smiller14 said:

Hope he doesn't sign the NDA

He'll have to if he doesn't want to pay his contract up.

Imagine the relief when he can finally escape from all the nonsense. I wish it was as easy for me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't think it has anything to do with results. The writing was on the wall in Friday after the transfer window debacle and cancelling his press conference. I really hope he blows the lid on the whole sorry mess.

And outside of the transfer window I think by mid Jan with utterly horrendous results he was beginning to get on sticky ground anyway... 

Given where we are and what we need for a relegation battle JDT leaving may not be the worst thing - provided we have someone competent lined up. I am however worried the options we have been looking at are not experienced Championship battlers who know you stay up by ultimately being defensively solid, but are instead young aficionados of the gegenpress and silky triangle football.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, booth said:

What? Playing an imbalanced squad, filled with academy players, freebies and players who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo?

Old Tone got backed.

Come on there isn't that when we've won games i'm a JDT backer but hes come up sort this season badly at times.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No money

Scum owners

Sham board

Cost cuts galore

Glorified academy team

Unsackable coaching staff

It's Damian Johnson's to lose.

Someone said Stuart McCall was seen at Ewood the other day ?

Probably nothing in it but if so that is clear preparation for league 1.

• Like 1

We're at such a stage I'd rely on the account of a Daily Mail reporter more than I would Radio Lancashire/ Telegraph 

It is inevitable. Yet the club will even drag this out to maximise uncertainty and confusion further damaging our already shredded reputation and hindering what is becoming a survival mission.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

NDA 😉

• Like 2

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Jon Dahl Tomasson - No longer our *current* Head Coach ?
1 minute ago, arbitro said:

But there is some context to this isn't there? Pears, Hyam, Carter, Pickering, Hedges, Dolan, Gallagher, Brittain, Rankin-Costello and Sam Barnes all injured mid to long term. We signed the likes of Walstedt, Ennis and Telalovic to replace solid, experienced Championship players. Results have been shocking and under normal circumstances at a normal club I agree the manager should go but we are anything but normal. God only knows what other crap he has had to put up with.

Of course the weakening of the squad has been a problem all season but to continue in the playing style we do just hoping it comes off now and again has also been a problem there's no getting away with that.

We are getting too caught up in the victim mentality and feeling sorry for him.

He simply has to adopt a style with the players he has geared towards grinding out points and he should have done it way before now certainly in particular games.  The teams below us should't easily be taking points off us but they have been and some of them are awful.

• Like 5