BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

26 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Whoopee.  Multi-millionaire relocates for massively-paid job. 

So with a level-head - he was a bit of a cup run better than Bowyer and Mowbray?  Surrendered a two goal lead in the Quarter Finals, then capitulated in the league from there on in.

Being the Devil's Advocate - he is the 'achiever' of our worst run in ddecades.He is at the helm of the team with our worst goals conceded in years and years...and the only manager (alongside Mowbray) to have a team in the promotion spots for X amount of weeks and fail to get the play-offs.  The atmosphere is stale, our home form is abysmal...

Not great.

You're rewriting history, tainted by recent poor form.

JDT did an objectively good job for us - you can't argue with the facts (finishing 7th with a shit squad and no backing).
The cup run was a bonus, but a very welcome one.
You're only trying to fool yourself if you think he was shite here and he'll go on to much bigger things than Rovers.

However, more importantly, we have Gareth Ainsworth to look forward to, senior players who get a bit scared when the nasty crowd boo them (after failing to beat teams like QPR and Huddersfield at home...) and Waggott successfully deflecting attention away from his own severe deficiencies.

Oh yeah, and that's on top of the transfer debacle, which in all reality was internal politics and sabotage, potential financial ruin and owners seemingly unwilling to do the right thing and piss off.

I'm pretty much done. Certainly not spending another quid until this shitshow is addressed.
Literally no leadership at the club. No-one who actually cares about Blackburn Rovers Football Club, just whatever benefits the individuals.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Funny how Suhail wasn’t there - the only man who has Venky’s ear. Tells you all you need to know about the owners and their inability to actually give the slightest toss.

Another dark day as a Rovers fan. Guessing more fun and games tomorrow which will likely bring JDT’s news. 

Nobody in that place wants to acknowledge the accountibility of the ownership because they are all on the pay role. They and he know if he was there he'd be the one who would be held to account on their behalf so he'll never ever front up.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Mowbray took us down to League 1 and never finished as high in 6 seasons as JDT did in 1. That despite him having a lot more funds at his disposal.

Mowbray's points averaged over the season would have had us in 8th.The damage, as well you know, was already done. 

Said at the time he should have been given another 2 years, just as a safe pair of hands. We finished 7th last season with virtually all the players Mowbray left, except for Hyam and maybe Szmodics towards the end of the season. 

The dismantling of his good work has been startling. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He was bang average at best. And that's being kind. He relegated us despite having plenty of time to keep us up. Got promotion with probably the most expensive squad in league 1. Then had us treading water claiming we had no right to anything better. Tactics were woeful.  Patronised the fan base. The only thing he did right was player purchases but the club allowed players to run down their contracts

That's true but we did go down with 52 points a total , we not get this season...

I doubt we will get 45 points this season...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Absolutely, no one should jump on the reasons for secrecy just yet, it's obvious it's about JDT and the McGuire deal. 

Did they have to sign an NDA though? 

Secrecy is just that. Why would you tell a room of supporters something which, given it is secret something that is probably sensitive and confidential. In the real world it just wouldn't happen. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Andy said:

You're rewriting history, tainted by recent poor form.

JDT did an objectively good job for us - you can't argue with the facts (finishing 7th with a shit squad and no backing).
The cup run was a bonus, but a very welcome one.
You're only trying to fool yourself if you think he was shite here and he'll go on to much bigger things than Rovers.

However, more importantly, we have Gareth Ainsworth to look forward to, senior players who get a bit scared when the nasty crowd boo them (after failing to beat teams like QPR and Huddersfield at home...) and Waggott successfully deflecting attention away from his own severe deficiencies.

Oh yeah, and that's on top of the transfer debacle, which in all reality was internal politics and sabotage, potential financial ruin and owners seemingly unwilling to do the right thing and piss off.

I'm pretty much done. Certainly not spending another quid until this shitshow is addressed.
Literally no leadership at the club. No-one who actually cares about Blackburn Rovers Football Club, just whatever benefits the individuals.

Sorry, only read the first few lines. I am not re-writing history.  We had a damn good start to last season and dropped off the cliff. After weeks, we sorted ourselves out a bit but failed.  We amassed less points than Gary Bowyer achieved.

This season, we were good on and off for a few months. Then absolutely shit since before the Christmas decorations were put up, then taken down...then we completed Dry January and now getting ready to order a dozen roses.

There's only one person re-writing history. It ain't me.

The fact that over two seasons Mowbray's death spiral began exactly during the January windows should tell us all we need to know, we have form in that area now don't we? Indecision over contracts and incomings, plus remember when our Indian overlords actually came out and promised bonuses for promotion? What a joke that was, didn't Rothwell throw his toys out of the pram after, it had the total opposite effect. Weird, or sinister? 

Mowbray was steady, and the recruitment was good but incredibly expensive and lacking any normal strategy of building year on year to get somewhere, it was scattergun and reckless. At any normal club he would have left after two years and we would have built on it with a new manager, but it dragged on, and weird things started happening.

How does a player like Amari Bell look absolute dogshit for us and now become a captain in the Prem? There was no system or model that's why. 

Anyway, whatever happened back then seems like dreamland compared to this. 

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 4

Just now, Pedro said:

Sorry, only read the first few lines. I am not re-writing history.  We had a damn good start to last season and dropped off the cliff. After weeks, we sorted ourselves out a bit but failed.  We amassed less points than Gary Bowyer achieved.

This season, we were good on and off for a few months. Then absolutely shit since before the Christmas decorations were put up, then taken down...then we completed Dry January and now getting ready to order a dozen roses.

There's only one person re-writing history. It ain't me.

Mowbray's collapse is worse.  We were fighting for the top 2 most of the season then had the usual death spiral. Last season we were the closest to a play off position than we've ever been plus a good cup run. Something we never had under Teflon 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

Mowbray's points averaged over the season would have had us in 8th.The damage, as well you know, was already done. 

There was damage done but it was far from mission impossible we were 3 points from safety with 15 game to play. Plenty of club have been in that position before and stayed up.

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

This has to be satire? Surely?

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, philipl said:

No way do you have a meeting with CEO and senior players without the Manager and the Manager not be leaving.

Absolutely no way to run a football club.

In that CCTV footage, the players looked like they were hostages.

My opinion of Steve Waggott is unprintable.

Where is this footage?

A picture speaks a thousand words. 

"god almighty, get me out of this room" 

"wonder where the gaffer is going onto, maybe he'll take me with him?" 

"it's hot in here and the air is dry, I'm starting to feel ill. Or is it just listening to Waggott that makes me feel that way?" 

"mental anchors of focus, you're at a rum shack in Barbados. The waiter comes over. OH JESUS IT'S STEVE WAGGOTT IN A MANKINI" 

"Are we all just sprites in a matrix? Is death nothing but a release from the puppetwise strings of impulse?" 

"bet his missus is an absolute dog" 

ssstwitter.com_1707329010346_exported_21933~2.jpg

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, M_B said:

Said at the time he should have been given another 2 years, just as a safe pair of hands. We finished 7th last season with virtually all the players Mowbray left, except for Hyam and maybe Szmodics towards the end of the season. 

My house had a small fire. Once the fire started I couldn't be bothered putting it out. It burnt down.  The damage was already done 

• Like 1

Szmodics knows what's going on, he's just a normal passionate fan like the rest of us, think he feels it and he wears his heart on his sleeve. I wonder what his relationship with JDT was like and whether he agrees with the tactics.

When he went off against QPR I was expecting him to snub JDT on the touchline but they seemed to have an amicable if animated discussion. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

There was damage done but it was far from mission impossible we were 3 points from safety with 15 game to play. Plenty of club have been in that position before and stayed up.

This has to be satire? Surely?

He left a squad which finished 8th then 7th, where are we now less than 12 months later? 

My God, we have fallen off a cliff. 

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It didn't help that morale was rocked amongst the players as some of them already knew they were on their way, and that the project had changed, well before it was reported.

As I said earlier, the wheels are always going to fall off a club in turmoil.

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Mowbray's collapse is worse.  We were fighting for the top 2 most of the season then had the usual death spiral. Last season we were the closest to a play off position than we've ever been plus a good cup run. Something we never had under Teflon 

Second half of the previous 3 league seasons (+ this one to date)

20/21 25 points (18th in form table)

21/22 27 points (19th)

22/23  30 points (13th)

23/24 2 points from 6 games (24th)

• Like 1

Gets the fans involved immediately when the tide turns against him. 

Nowhere to be seen in pre season when there's an opportunity to make football affordable and get thousands back into Ewood. 

Scumbag I'm afraid. I don't blame anyone for going but he's trying to "have" you.

No wonder we're in a mess. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, booth said:

That blows my mind.

Why??  The guy who got us promoted from League One straight away wasn't a good appointment all of a sudden? Him who gave the club a lot of heart, signed some very capable players who, had we not let them run their contracts down, would've generated millions (yes...and some crap!) but levelled off.   

It blows my mind how blinkered or distracted fans are on here that they can't see that JDT isn't actually doing a great job...yet he is some sort of God/mmartyr purely because he has a whinge about the absolute numpties above him.

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

He left a squad which finished 8th then 7th, where are we now less than 12 months later? 

The "squad" he left was minus half a team, Nyambe, Lenihan Rothwell and loanees JPVH and Khedra.

You must be on a wind up.

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Let's not forget the year before that, 15th.

Last season we lost a bunch of important members of that squad in 8th place, unreplaced.

And this season we lost a key member of that 7th place finish, unreplaced. Along with bags of experience in the squad, unreplaced. And just lost another one, unreplaced.

When you look at the full story it's unsurprising we've fallen off a cliff.

• Like 3