BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace is at Brockhall right now. Probably doing his media work before being announce. Probably at 6pm

I hope you're right, Chaddy.

After a dour few years JDT brought a bit of ambition and hope back to rovers for me.  Ambitious cup runs, talking highly of the team etc.  Football is a game of a half chances and unfortunately the majority didn't fall for us under Jon.  With a little bit of backing I am confident we'd have gone up last year.  That said, when you've got to play the cards you've been dealt he has struggled.  Unfortunately my view is the only man at the club with standards and a winners mentality has been shunted out the door.  I'm confident he will go on to bigger and brighter, despite how much I rate Eustace.  Hope he's not signed an NDA

• Like 7

1 hour ago, phili said:

I also expect a 25% increase in season tickets with Waggot saying we can't expect cash from the owners all the time and now is time for us to help them out.

That's exactly what he'll say. He said those very words in the summer of 2018 following promotion from L1.

Then, a couple of years later during the pandemic, he talked about how generous they have been and how we need to help them out.

In his last interview with Andy Bayes, late 2023, the same spiel was rolled out again about us needing to "help them out" as they "have been so generous to us".

It has been his M.O from day one here. Save the owners from having to spend wherever and however he can. Which makes me question who recommended him for the job.

Remember, from the very outset the Venky sister said "we will lease players". I think the person who pitched that idea is the same person who recommended this clown.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, phili said:

I think worse is to come. I don't see the investigation into them being over quickly, they have already found 1 issue so the Indian authorities will go through everything and Modi will use it to show he is cracking down on billionaires.

I sense the budget being cut to around £8-10m in the summer with the sale or release of any player on more than £5k a week. With support from Venky's going down to £3m if we are lucky. So similar to the trust's support all those years ago.

I also expect a 25% increase in season tickets with Waggot saying we can't expect cash from the owners all the time and now is time for us to help them out.

I wouldn't be surprised if MK Dons have a better budget than us in League 2 by the time the end of the summer arrives.

In your meeting Glenn and Josh, were there any comments from Waggot on how bad it could get or was he overly optimistic for the future.

Then attendances will go lower. Simple as. Can't keep increasing prices. They need cut massively.

You can't cut the budget anymore otherwise its league 1. Simple as

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Yeah as per Alan Myers.

Post the tweets, rather than saying it like you know from your secret sources.

Doing the photos and video before he’s actually signed up no doubt. 

1 minute ago, Groundhog said:

Can't deny it, the man has class. Thanks Jon.

Certain members of the Ewood hierachy: take note. 

I'm not crying, you are...

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 17.52.39.png

It’s the onions. Honest.  🧅 😢

• Like 5

So move along, nothing to see here. New manager appointed, get behind the lads, renew your expensive season ticket because we need your help, we have acted decisively and are learning.......

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 4

Sad and disappointed in how the JDT era has ended.

The man is a class act and has higher standards and ambitions than the charlatans running the club. Just look at his career. His statement is excellent and shows his integrity. He will go on to be successful as a manager, zero doubt. Good on him for trying to raise the standard at the club in impossible circumstances.

Eustace….just totally apathetic. Another journeyman and back to the level I’d hoped we had grown from. Nothing against him, I’m just totally underwhelmed and frankly, over it all. The timing of the announcement from the club and the wording is totally classless.

It’s all just very sad. I think I’m done with it.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 5

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

Eustace….just totally apathetic. Another journeyman and back to the level I’d hoped we had grown from. Nothing against him, I’m just totally underwhelmed and frankly, over it all. The timing of the announcement from the club and the wording is totally classless

Agreed, crap and cheap appointment. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KentExile said:

The search for a successor is now underway 

So we're plummeting towards the relegation zone and have no manager but at least we've started looking for a new one!

Nothing much gets past those in charge at Ewood. You've got to get up pretty early in the morning to get one over on them. It's truly heartwarming to know we're in such capable hands.

• Like 1