BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Those sorts of threats are wrong and unacceptable of course but at  least it shows the fans care and have a passion for the club

I've seen on here it suggested the best way Rovers fans should "protest" is by staying away from matches

Yeah that's right, stay at home or go down the pub and have a moan. It's easier than actually doing something

Well I've suggested that if no-one turned up to watch a game at Ewood the club would be so embarrassed that something would be done. Plenty of protests didn't affect Venkys one bit. If anything they doubled down.

That doesn't preclude protests outside the stadium however.

The rest of it you've made up.

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This could be a real game changer for English football. There has always been a suspicion about City (amongst others) and hopefully any wrongdoings will be suitability and proportionately punished. I'd imagine a few others are twitching right now.

It remains to be seen, what their punishment is.

Newcastle seem to be doing very well, since their take over and may get some silver wear into the club, before they are brought to task too.

FFP seems to be causing problems everyhwhere.

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well I've suggested that if no-one turned up to watch a game at Ewood the club would be so embarrassed that something would be done. Plenty of protests didn't affect Venkys one bit. If anything they doubled down.

That doesn't preclude protests outside the stadium however.

The rest of it you've made up.

Wasn't directed at you in particular - I've seen it quite a few times. And it hasn't been suggested that "no one would turn up" - you made that up

I don't think they'd be embarrassed by low attendances at Ewood at all. Why would they? Attendances are well down since they took over and I don't see any signs of embarrassment. 

The point about people preferring to moan than actually doing something stands. Same with disasatisfaction with poiltical leaders. It's an English thing. The French have it right - they get on the streets and man the barricades.

United and Everton fans have shown the way. 

• Backroom

This Man City story could be huge. An example needs set imo.

That's not sour grapes, but if the rest of us Championship clubs have all been punished over the years, why the hell have the clubs at the top been getting away with it for so long. 

2 minutes ago, Silas said:

This Man City story could be huge. An example needs set imo.

That's not sour grapes, but if the rest of us Championship clubs have all been punished over the years, why the hell have the clubs at the top been getting away with it for so long. 

It's interesting that they talk about relegation as a punishment but the EFL are not obliged to take them is my understanding. Northern Premier League might though.

• Like 1

• Backroom

There were the same comments when UEFA tried to do this. City will be able to hire the most expensive lawyers available and drag this out for years, scrutinising every word to the finest of details. Much like with UEFA, my guess is that they burn through a ton of cash in legal fees but ultimately get off the hook, or with a slapped wrist. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DE. said:

There were the same comments when UEFA tried to do this. City will be able to hire the most expensive lawyers available and drag this out for years, scrutinising every word to the finest of details. Much like with UEFA, my guess is that they burn through a ton of cash in legal fees but ultimately get off the hook, or with a slapped wrist. 

Presumably they will do a deal. Agree a record fine of, say, £50 million. City hand over the money from loose change they've found down the back of the sofa.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

It was an open and shut case for UEFA yet City got away with it. I heard that too. City's owners said to UEFA that they have enough money to sue UEFA forever so go for it. UEFA backed off and fined them instead.

My guess is it will create lots of news stories then fizzle into a fine. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, DE. said:

I don't know enough about it, but a lot of people saying this is very different to the UEFA thing. Different rules apply etc. 

And this isn't just a few discrepancies, they're getting charged with 100 breaches. Hell of a lot of wriggling needed to get out of that surely. 

Re Jesse James........... I mean Marsch.

Jumping about on the touchline and talking a good game, doesn't make you a good manager. He was also forever giving out  American speak, and I'm sure he would have wanted to change the rules of Association Football if he could have done. He was out of his depth in my opinion.

• Like 1

• Backroom
44 minutes ago, Silas said:

I don't know enough about it, but a lot of people saying this is very different to the UEFA thing. Different rules apply etc. 

And this isn't just a few discrepancies, they're getting charged with 100 breaches. Hell of a lot of wriggling needed to get out of that surely. 

They'll exhaust every legal option available to them. It'll become an absolute money pit for the PL and when certain people's bonuses start to come under threat there will be a settlement of some kind.  As @DanLadsays, probably a massive record fine, but one that to City's owners is peanuts. The PL recoups legal losses and looks like they went in hard on City, City get to carry on as normal. Handshakes and smiles all around. 

• Like 1

No demotion. No points deduction. No ban from competitions. No real transfer embargo.

I can confidently predict none of these things will happen.

What will happen is months of negotiations, wrangling, back and forth speculation, culminating in a fines, soft embargo or suspended punishment, none of which will cause a club like City any serious problem.

Edited by JHRover

Two clubs , who will benefit the most from City demise ??

Liverpool and Man Utd the latter club is up for sale .Didn't these 2 protest about Newcastles take over ?

The noisy neighbours are becoming very irksome !! United don't win big trophies anymore ...

Nothing will happen cos money talks , I like Man City cos Man Utd and Liverpool win very little ...

More Man City but football related. 

Haaland is getting a bit of stick after his performance yesterday; ESPN - Haaland helps City?

He was utterly woeful against Spurs. He got nowhere near the ball, and was on the periphery all game. 

He is an undoubted talent, but are teams figuring him out? The article points out that City have scored the same amount of goals at this stage of the season as they did last season, 53 but this round Haaland has scored almost half of their total goals. Stop him and stop City?

• Moderation Lead
29 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

More Man City but football related. 

Haaland is getting a bit of stick after his performance yesterday; ESPN - Haaland helps City?

He was utterly woeful against Spurs. He got nowhere near the ball, and was on the periphery all game. 

He is an undoubted talent, but are teams figuring him out? The article points out that City have scored the same amount of goals at this stage of the season as they did last season, 53 but this round Haaland has scored almost half of their total goals. Stop him and stop City?

Would have helped if he’d had some service. One of the best and most creative midfielders in the world in KDB and he was left on the bench….