BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Violent conduct, surely a straight red?

That's ignoring the Rotherham player had to be subbed injured very early in the game.

Even the Boro commentators thought he got lucky *

The pleb retard of a Boro player was laughing as he got booked.

Fecking shithole refereeing once more.

* But they are crying over the red for Dijksteel.

I’m sure there’s a joke there somewhere…

34 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Surely if this scoreline stays the same it is good news for us as Luton will definitely finish in 3rd place and should therefore rest their better players for the play offs?

I don't think it has changed anything. they were already guaranteed 3rd or 4th, so the second leg at home in the semi-finals. Rob Edwards had already said that he was likely to make some changes - the last thing they want is the likes of Carlton Morris getting a knock now. Or someone doing what Dijksteel just did and get himself banned.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Rotherham's win means they are now safe, ending their multi-year streak of yo-yoing between the Championship and League 1. 

It means that if Huddersfield are able to get at least a draw from their home match on Thursday against Sheff Utd, Reading will be relegated. If not, then it'll go down to the final day, where Reading Vs Huddersfield will decide who is playing in League 1 next season. 

It's crazy WBA still has a chance like us to get into the playoff, thought they were out awhile ago.

Kudos to Coventry, came from nowhere and now safely in the playoffs. 

We only have ourselves to blame, and lady luck of course. Had we gotten a win or 2 from the last 7/8 games, we should be safe and dry too. Such a wasted opportunity.

One last game to go. Win at Millwall and pray we have some luck with the other 2 games. Squeaky bum time!

I can't take it if Mowbray gets Sunderland into the playoffs. They're bound to beat Preston. Gelhardt will score probably.

Burnley champions at Ewood, a keeper scores to take points off us, Mowbray and Sunderland, this season is a real fucker - yet I've enjoyed it, I don't understand. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

I can't take it if Mowbray gets Sunderland into the playoffs. They're bound to beat Preston. Gelhardt will score probably.

Burnley champions at Ewood, a keeper scores to take points off us, Mowbray and Sunderland, this season is a real fucker - yet I've enjoyed it, I don't understand. 

Rovers to win and Sunderland to win will be around 7/1 for the double. Stick a few quid on that and it might become a bit more palatable. Personally I think we will get properly tonked by Millwall, so it won’t matter 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

How odd that we are relying on Preston and Swansea. Maybe the 1981 song will get new lyrics…

We all went down to Millwall, that fateful day in May.

To see the mighty Rovers and watch them win away.

We knew we had to beat them, and West Brom draw as well.

We did our bit and Swansea to, But Preston fucked it up.

And we were singing Blackburn Rovers, pride of our home-land, we'll try again. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Colin working his magic at Hudds. Like Sam, another one not deemed good enough to manage BRFC

Did Huddersfield complain about Sheffield Utd’s weakened team? No thought not.
They threw the match in my opinion to help their mate Warnock. As will be the case on Monday, when even if we beat Millwall, the Nobbers will chuck the towel in against Sunderland and we will be faced with the gurning champion of the NE making it into the playoffs and progressing to the Premiership. 

• Like 2

On 03/05/2023 at 20:14, philipl said:

The possibility of PNE upsetting Sunderland is vanishingly small with Whiteman out injured.

Never underestimate Tony Mowbray's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Colin working his magic at Hudds. Like Sam, another one not deemed good enough to manage BRFC

It was nothing to do with not being good enough, it was to do with who his agent was and possibly how much he was asking for.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, booth said:

It was nothing to do with not being good enough, it was to do with who his agent was and possibly how much he was asking for.

We were offering our usual mars bar and can of coke. Warnock wanted an actual salary.

Owen coyle comes along, "I love mars bars, me" and the rest is history.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

We were offering our usual mars bar and can of coke. Warnock wanted an actual salary.

Owen coyle comes along, "I love mars bars, me" and the rest is history.

From what I understand Warnock had already agreed terms but at a guess Coyle said he'd take less.

• Like 4