BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Travis is appointed the new Rovers Captain.

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Hopefully there is some far better coaching going on now. 

The last guy apparently didn't believe in tactics, formations or positions so what they spent all week doing down at Brockhall I don't know.

Nor did they practice set pieces

• Like 1

I like his attitude and for me he is a worthy successor to Lenihan but he needs to really try and reduce the number of silly yellow cards. He is going to be vital for us this season and we need him on the pitch as often as possible.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I like his attitude and for me he is a worthy successor to Lenihan but he needs to really try and reduce the number of silly yellow cards. He is going to be vital for us this season and we need him on the pitch as often as possible.

Spot on Tony. He needs to get a little bit cuter. Also, mouthing off to refs in a scouse accent is only going to end in one result. The right choice for captain though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Spot on Tony. He needs to get a little bit cuter. Also, mouthing off to refs in a scouse accent is only going to end in one result. The right choice for captain though.

In fairness Andy it's a posh scouse accent 😃. Hopefully it will be the making of him. He seems forthright and honest which are two assets needed for a captain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

That applies to most of the team although two of the usual culprits in Rothwell and Lenihan have left. Kicking the ball away, chatting to the ref, silly pointless fouls in our opponents half do my head in. Deliberate fouls should be reserved for goal saving situations.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That applies to most of the team although two of the usual culprits in Rothwell and Lenihan have left. Kicking the ball away, chatting to the ref, silly pointless fouls in our opponents half do my head in. Deliberate fouls should be reserved for goal saving situations.

There is such a thing as a good foul, a foul which perhaps stops a promising move but overall so many are petty and in innocuous areas. 

As much as I love Travis for his endeavour and desire, competition for his spot in the team has been pretty thin since Smallwood left. Players thrive on being pushed. Having watched the development of Adam Wharton and Garrett over these last 12 months it is to be hoped that these boys step up successfully. Wharton in particular might just impress a few if given minutes.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

As much as I love Travis for his endeavour and desire, competition for his spot in the team has been pretty thin since Smallwood left. Players thrive on being pushed. Having watched the development of Adam Wharton and Garrett over these last 12 months it is to be hoped that these boys step up successfully. Wharton in particular might just impress a few if given minutes.

I haven’t seen anything those two lads couldn’t do that Morton could. I’d rather they where in the first team 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Is the "Club Captain" still a thing?

19 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Apparently so.

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. Why wouldn't it

I assume DeeCee was talking about how we had two captains for a while under TM, with I think it was called a Team Captain, and a Club Captain. Think it was pretty much brought in just for the sake of Bennett or Mulgrew to feel important when they weren't getting in the team, I forget which of them it was.

29 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I assume DeeCee was talking about how we had two captains for a while under TM, with I think it was called a Team Captain, and a Club Captain. Think it was pretty much brought in just for the sake of Bennett or Mulgrew to feel important when they weren't getting in the team, I forget which of them it was.

Thank you, I didn't clarify my question 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I haven’t seen anything those two lads couldn’t do that Morton could. I’d rather they where in the first team 

Not saying this is final by any means, but would those 2 be given a game against the likes of Porto and Spurs if they were at Liverpool?