BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

2 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I can't help worrying that this team could be torn apart in the next few weeks.

We have all known that BD could go at anytime, but Lewis Travis is our midfield gem and

after his recent performances, richer clubs must be watching.

Just signed a new deal club captain think it would take a mental offer to even consider it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

We have all known that BD could go at anytime, but Lewis Travis is our midfield gem and

He signed a contract last year (didn’t he?) so can’t see him going anywhere. BBD is slightly different.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

LOL

🤫

An encouraging result and display. Something that I did not see coming based on the first 25 minutes or so where we didn't see much of the ball, but that is a superb win, which I am delighted about.

Our off the ball work, which JDT has mentioned a lot, shone through.

Fair play to the manager. We did a job on them, were organised and he was proactive, not reactive. Early days, but those are encouraging signs.

COYB.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Neal said:

Have to wonder what JPVH will be thinking after that result....

lets hope its I want to join Rovers and JDT 

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Big statement Jack, I'm sure I speak for every member on this site, I hope you're right. 

Gav, So far so good from JDT. 2 wins in 2 games. Team performance and we will get better in the forward. Everything he has done since he has come in as been breath of fresh air. Proper game plan and tactics suiting the players, quick tactically, always speak about the team coming first and being the focus. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Great start to the season and massive respect to JDT and the lads. No real need to being throwing shots at Tony though. He deserves some respect.

He brought in most of this side. Deserved credit for that and criticism for how he bundled it in the pitch 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The guy is a winner. Came from a CL club, double league winner. What did TM ever do? We plucked him after he walked out on Coventry after one of his death spirals. We were constantly told we could not find better by some. 

JDT actually came off the dole, but let’s not split hairs. 

As I said, everyone hopes you’re right, if we finish higher than 8th we’ll have improved.

9 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Travis just signed an extension.  It would take a massive bid to move him. 

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

As I said, everyone hopes you’re right, if we finish higher than 8th we’ll have improved.

First you promised that wins will be in short supply in the new year, now you're accusing JDT of 'coming off the dole'.

Jeez - maybe take a break from the board? Evidently you're struggling to handle the optimism around here. 

• Like 1

Brilliant result and what a start to the season so far with 2 wins from 2.

The result was all built on defensive solidity with brilliant organisation throughout, excellent concentration and clinical when we did get chances.

Ayala and Wharton were both outstanding, a shame that the former will drop down to injury at any moment as he really is a top defender at this level. Kaminski reliable when needed and the full backs both sound, Brittain was wasteful with his crosses but both are sound technically and I thought that Pickering was particularly good after some criticism lately.

Travis a driving force in midfield and has taken to captaincy like a duck to water. Buckley more of a mixed bag, poor from set pieces and dawdled a couple of times which on one occasion in particular left us exposed, but the 2 were also key to our defensive shape.

Going forward, I don't again actually think we were particularly great but we were clinical when we did get into the final third. Hedges was the stand out player and I think he could turn out to be a real bargain as a parting gift. Szmodics I actually thought looked off the pace in general and struggled to get involved but getting on the scoresheet with a composed finish was a very good contribution. Brereton very good and assuming he leaves, we have to get a good replacement as he brings so much both with his goals and his hold up, Gallagher worked hard but quite ineffective.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

JDT left Malmo of his own choice cos he wanted a new club and a project. Its was Gregg Broughton who got him to come here and so far so good under him. 

What all the negative comments Gav?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Let's be fair, it was his choice to leave Malmo and he had offers on the table.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brilliant result and what a start to the season so far with 2 wins from 2.

The result was all built on defensive solidity with brilliant organisation throughout, excellent concentration and clinical when we did get chances.

Ayala and Wharton were both outstanding, a shame that the former will drop down to injury at any moment as he really is a top defender at this level. Kaminski reliable when needed and the full backs both sound, Brittain was wasteful with his crosses but both are sound technically and I thought that Pickering was particularly good after some criticism lately.

Travis a driving force in midfield and has taken to captaincy like a duck to water. Buckley more of a mixed bag, poor from set pieces and dawdled a couple of times which on one occasion in particular left us exposed, but the 2 were also key to our defensive shape.

Going forward, I don't again actually think we were particularly great but we were clinical when we did get into the final third. Hedges was the stand out player and I think he could turn out to be a real bargain as a parting gift. Szmodics I actually thought looked off the pace in general and struggled to get involved but getting on the scoresheet with a composed finish was a very good contribution. Brereton very good and assuming he leaves, we have to get a good replacement as he brings so much both with his goals and his hold up, Gallagher worked hard but quite ineffective.

Gallagher had a very Gallagher performance 

Cracking start to the season, the whole squad looks young and hungry. Another 2 or 3 hand picked, quality signingsand keep Brereton and Tomasson will be licking his lips. 

Hedges with another man of the match performance for me, to go with last week's. 

The Edun substitution worked to perfection. 

• Like 1