BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

Only 2 games in but we're already the only team to have played 2 games and not dropped a point. Watford haven't but have only played the one. 

I expect Watford to win on Monday night, then the Baggies will be desperate for 3 points against us. Be great if we could get some more players in by then.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ossyian said:

He was always a natural box to box midfielder before Tony put the shackles on his game. The lad has so much energy. Hopefully he flourishes this season as he should have been doing for the last couple

Haven't given up on JRC yet either. Hope JDT can identify his best position and not shoehorn him as a RB as Mowbray did. Came into the squad with big hopes but injuries and Mowbray stifled him somewhat I think

Just saw the goals (again) on SSN, does the Brereton-Diaz control have a hint of right arm about it.

Not complaining 1 bit, but we may have had a touch there like we did last week with Buckley surviving a 2nd yellow inside 25 mins.

Such small margins in football. Semi tempted to get down to the  Hartlepool game now.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The result was all built on defensive solidity with brilliant organisation throughout, excellent concentration and clinical when we did get chances.

JDT had a proper tactical plan and a plan B that worked today against such a possession based team. 

Travis a driving force in midfield and has taken to captaincy like a duck to water. Buckley more of a mixed bag, poor from set pieces and dawdled a couple of times which on one occasion in particular left us exposed, but the 2 were also key to our defensive shape.

Its no surprised to me that Travis has taken to the captaincy like a duck to water. Always be leader and captain material for me

Going forward, I don't again actually think we were particularly great but we were clinical when we did get into the final third.

We were clinical and 3 very good goals scored. 

Hedges was the stand out player

JDT like him clearly and he is playing very well under him. Fits how we want to play. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

JDT actually came off the dole, but let’s not split hairs. 

As I said, everyone hopes you’re right, if we finish higher than 8th we’ll have improved.

He left - wasnt sacked. Wanted a different challenge. Had other offers, what is TM doing right now?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT had a proper tactical plan and a plan B that worked today against such a possession based team. 

No surprised that Travis has taken to the captaincy like a duck to water is it? 

We were clinical and 3 very good goals scored. 

JDT like him clearly and he is playing very well under him. Fits how we want to play. 

Agree with most of that but why is it NOT a surprise Travis took captain as a duck to water? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ossyian said:

Haven't given up on JRC yet either. Hope JDT can identify his best position and not shoehorn him as a RB as Mowbray did. Came into the squad with big hopes but injuries and Mowbray stifled him somewhat I think

Seems he’s identified his best position is not in the team sheet

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, yankfan said:

He brought in most of this side. Deserved credit for that and criticism for how he bundled it in the pitch 

He sure did. Either way his time is past now and should probably just be left out of it. It's the JDT era.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He left - wasnt sacked. Wanted a different challenge. Had other offers, what is TM doing right now?

I have no idea what TM is doing right now, but if he’s any sense he’ll be sat in his garden, enjoying the weather and tucking into something nice with something fizzy, but he’ll not be enjoying the 3 points today like me!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

How did the new fella play?

Morton showed he is technically sound with the ball in small spaces and can pick good passes. Composed! Think he will be a good addition!

Sammie Smodicz scored the way he stated in his first Rovers' interview that he often does - arrive late to the box and then score. He was also pressing well.

Edited by sverrehh
  • Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Gav said:

We missed out on every target we had on the list, they all turned us down, but do carry on.

Or, why not just enjoy the win and stop playing to the peanut gallery, they'll probably be in short supply come Jan/Feb 23 sadly. 

Great win by the way, we don't get much from South Wales, made up for the fans that made the trip.

Totally irrelevant to what he was saying, but do carry on.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

How did the new fella play?

One poster compared him to Keith Andrews, another wanted to bring Markanday on who wasn’t even in the squad, same old same old Paul……You can’t do more than score on your debut, all Hedges worth though.

Great win, we usually get nothing from South Wales and it’s a bloody long way back.

Edited by Gav