BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 17/8/22 - Mark 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Nearly had a heart attack on Sunday watching his performance.  I keep saying this - I don't think anyone has a clue what he does as a footballer OR where his best position is.  He was hopeless when he came on and must have given the ball away 5 or 6 times, putting us under increasing pressure. 

I've seen people say Edun did okay when he came on. I can't see how anyone could say he did anything but poorly. Even off the ball he didn't seem to know what he was supposed to be doing, wandering about half asleep. Or maybe he just wasn't happy to be there, he didn't look it. Maybe the heat affected him but it's the worst I've seen from him.

Edited by booth
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Hoping todays speculation about BBD doesnt mean he will be withdrawn as "not in the right mindset". Usually happens when a bid comes in and a player is interested in the move. 

We need all the points we can get while hes still here. 

There has been speculation since last January. He's handling it fine. I don't think a derisory bid from Nice is going to affect him.

• Like 1

On paper, this is certainly the easiest of our opening 5 league games. We have a 100% record. They're managed by Paul Ince, a disaster at Rovers, and some ex Rovers players thrown in (I make it 4 in their squad), only three days after a gruelling, hot match against a good side, and we're away...I've seen this script before.

Banana skin written all over it. First dropped points of the season. I'm going to predict a draw. 10 points from 12 will still represent an excellent return. Joao to score if he plays.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

On paper, this is certainly the easiest of our opening 5 league games. We have a 100% record. They're managed by Paul Ince, a disaster at Rovers, and some ex Rovers players thrown in (I make it 4 in their squad), only three days after a gruelling, hot match against a good side, and we're away...I've seen this script before.

Banana skin written all over it. First dropped points of the season. I'm going to predict a draw. 10 points from 12 will still represent an excellent return. Joao to score if he plays.

Injured, fortunately. 

I'd share your worries had their injury list not been as terrible as it is. There's a chance they won't have a single senior outfield player on the bench - we should be beating them really. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Injured, fortunately. 

I'd share your worries had their injury list not been as terrible as it is. There's a chance they won't have a single senior outfield player on the bench - we should be beating them really. 

Fair enough, I'll stick to it being a draw though, just with less worry than before of a defeat. Our own defence could end up being makeshift very quickly, and we can't get away with that every game. 4 wins from 4 (5 from 5 really) would be sensational, just feel it won't happen. Fingers crossed though!

40 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Injured, fortunately. 

Their injury problems are that bad?? Wow. Getting that feeling I got before the Hull game at the end of last year (before it got postponed and our season nosedived)

1 minute ago, Theaxe15 said:

Their injury problems are that bad?? Wow. Getting that feeling I got before the Hull game at the end of last year (before it got postponed and our season nosedived)

Very bad. They've actually got some handy players when fit. Joao, Ejaria & Meite would all worry me plenty if they were playing. 

They still have some solid pros who are fit. Shane Long is there now, and they've got Tom Ince and Hoillett. On paper though, we should do them. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, booth said:

I've seen people say Edun did okay when he came on. I can't see how anyone could say he did anything but poorly. Even off the ball he didn't seem to know what he was supposed to be doing, wandering about half asleep. Or maybe he just wasn't happy to be there, he didn't look it. Maybe the heat affected him but it's the worst I've seen from him.

He wasn’t at his best, but he was thrown on with half an hour to go in a disjointed formation as part of a very patched up back 4 when it was backs against the wall. He was also up against their busiest player who caused Pickering problems all first half. His form in pre-season and against Swansea and Hartlepool (I know, I know) should give him a bit of grace. 

14 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

He wasn’t at his best, but he was thrown on with half an hour to go in a disjointed formation as part of a very patched up back 4 when it was backs against the wall. He was also up against their busiest player who caused Pickering problems all first half. His form in pre-season and against Swansea and Hartlepool (I know, I know) should give him a bit of grace. 

I would say that saying that Edun "wasn't at his best" is a massive understatement, he repeatedly gave the ball away and was caught out of position on a number of occasions. I thought Pickering was steady as he has been all season and certainly not giving me comparative worries either at left back or out of position in the middle.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would say that saying that Edun "wasn't at his best" is a massive understatement, he repeatedly gave the ball away and was caught out of position on a number of occasions. I thought Pickering was steady as he has been all season and certainly not giving me comparative worries either at left back or out of position in the middle.

His decision making when taking throw ins was particularly painful. 

5 hours ago, benhben said:

Hoping todays speculation about BBD doesnt mean he will be withdrawn as "not in the right mindset". Usually happens when a bid comes in and a player is interested in the move. 

We need all the points we can get while hes still here. 

Diaz is at Reading 

8 hours ago, smiller14 said:

I hope JDT feels differently at some stage, because we are going to need to manage the team's game time considerably over a long, gruelling season, especially with a pressing game.

Tonight might be the night, it might not be - but Dack offers something a bit different and I don't think it's totally absurd that he might be considered ahead of Szmodics or Hedges, although I'd wager the former is much more likely. 

That being said, I won't be upset if he doesn't start. But I don't want to hear you moaning or criticising JDT if he comes off the bench or does start 😂

I understand your point about the team game time but I wouldn't want to charge it currently with us picking some very good wins and performances. 

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Nobody is being dismissive of him, but yet you said he ‘was a very good player’. 
Arguably when a player recovering from two successive ACL injuries needs the most support, he’s not getting it from you!

That is fact K-Hod that he was very good player but since has had 2 ACL injuries and I would be surprised if he is of old but will need to adapt his game and the way he plays after these injuries

every player has my support when playing in Rovers shirt that is given! 

2 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

A little harsh for Gally to be dropped to the bench after scoring on Sunday, I'd say. 

But the team is number one, as JDT would say. 

I’d imagine it’s a rest more than being dropped. 

• Like 9