BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 17/8/22 - Mark 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

why you making changing Dack for Szmodics then? 

Because Dack is a very good player.

34 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I think it is pretty obvious WHY! after the game on Sunday the players wont just be the normal tired after a weekend game, they will be absolutely knackered after the heat sapping weather at Ewood, that is the reason why I would happily take a point! Whether they are the worst team, with a worse manager or not THEY still beat a Rovers team last season that should have wiped the floor with them, we didnt if you remember as we lost the game!

Reading played only one day prior in similar temperatures. We also have more comparative scope to make changes if we choose/need to, Reading had a bench full of kids.

I am still unsure why you keep mentioning last season, we had a different manager, it was far later in the season, we was in terrible form, and both sides will be more than 50% changed.

And what sort of logic is, we should have won last year but lost so even though we should beat them this season, I will take a draw?!

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

No disrespect to anybody who uses these numbers and metrics but they don't interest me one iota. I watch the games live, praise and criticise during play and form an overall opinion post match. Good luck to anybody who uses them but I'd wager the vast, vast majority have no interest in them.

they are very useful on the betting side of the game,if you have the time to delve into the stats,the serious punters who bet on the football and american sports treat the stats like the bible,if you putting serious amounts on then you need an edge

as a fan i think they are a load of swollocks,i could`nt care less as long as we keep the ball out of our net and put it in the back of theirs,i don`t need numbers to spot a good player either

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Without wanting to derail the thread, does this mean that the data which goes into xG is entirely made up from the shots a team takes, and not other things (e.g. attacks which don't end up in a shot on goal)?

I'm thinking of Wharton taking the ball of Obafemi's toe vs Swansea for what would be a near certain tap in. I'm not suggesting that this makes xG any less valid! But for an individual game it would be useful to have a similar model which takes chances without shots into consideration - not sure if they exist or not. 

It doesn't factor in whether Harry Kane or Chris Brown is taking the shot. 

Kane would outperform his expected xG considerably. 

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

The U.S. fan point of view:

Major League Baseball also uses lots of stats that are more useful to scouts, admin, etc, than to Joe Sixpack. 

ERA & BA- there’s a reason they’ve both been around over 120 years. good measure of performance, and a simple gauge to judge players. I also like WHIP for pitchers. 

Baseball is a closed system though (a pitcher and a hitter), it's much easier to apply statistical models to. 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah why wouldn't he?

The bid  in for him is nowhere near our valuation 

It’s the opening of the negotiations though, you’d expect conversations to continue 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, J*B said:

It’s the opening of the negotiations though, you’d expect conversations to continue 

'Rejected a similar bid in January' sounds more like it's been rejected out of hand to me.

Hold out for the full £20m, or perhaps £15+ Melvin Bard, and we'll listen.

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

Dorsett from sky reckons they bid similar last January.

He plays until a fee is agreed as far as  Im concerned.We aint going to fail Ffp If he doesn't go and the transfer fee in its entirety won't be put back into the squad.Brererton will get another 20+ league goals this season if he stays 

• Like 2

I think he will play but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. He wouldn't be the first player to become unsettled and pull out of a match due to transfer issues. It's all well and good saying he plays regardless but if he is visibly unhappy then he won't.

Edited by roversfan99

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think he will play but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. He wouldn't be the first player to become unsettled and pull out of a match due to transfer issues. It's all well and good saying he plays regardless but if he is visibly unhappy then he won't.

He has shown absolutely no signs of being unhappy here.He has known all summer he has a year left on his deal and the bid is nowhere near our valuation and has already been rejected.He will be playing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He has shown absolutely no signs of being unhappy here.He has known all summer he has a year left on his deal and the bid is nowhere near our valuation and has already been rejected.He will be playing 

I never said he had. I am just saying that in general, lots of players pull out last minute of games when they have interest from elsewhere and they are no longer in the right frame of mind.

💼 #Rovers currently have vacancies for the following roles:
📊 Head of Data Scouting.
🇪🇺 Head of European Scouting - closing date Monday 22nd August - 5pm.
🧤 @RoversLadies Goalkeeping Coach - closing date Friday 26th August 5pm.

For more info, please click below 👇

🔵

Some vacancies have arisen at Rovers. Perhaps JoeH might be interested in the first one 😉. The second one looks interesting after we did away with the role not too long ago.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You think he’s that desperate to join Nice? We rejected a similar bid in Jan and he’s played a few games since then.