BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 17/8/22 - Mark 1

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Rovers on the red button tmrw night? 

No.

I think it starts next round of midweek games.

Apparently they can only show so many games on it and this round of games SHOULD have been when the world cup is on so isn’t included 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Dan said:

If the manager starts playing him again, you’ll be his number 1 fan. 

I'm Rovers fan at the end of the day and I want to win, but far too many people suggested Dack on the basis he is our best player from nearly 3 years ago. Since then we have other players who are best and key players now Kaminski, Ayala, Buckley, Travis, and BBD..

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Was a very good player. That based on over 2 and half years ago form

Not sure why you're suddenly so dismissive of Dack. The manager considered him good enough to be one of the first options off the bench on Sunday, so he must be alright? You seem aghast at the thought of picking Dack and are questioning it like he's proposed bringing Alan Fettis out of retirement, but it's an entirely reasonable suggestion - he's obviously in JDT's plans and given our hectic schedule and the conditions on the weekend there's a solid chance we rotate slightly (if not tonight then in future games).

And obviously we have other players now who are key players, but that doesn't mean you dismiss Dack suddenly. He might never get back to where he was, but I thought you'd be a bit more supportive of him and a manager who obviously has some faith in him!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, its_rovertime said:

Match pass is available to international subscribers by the look of it.

Yes, I'm in France at the moment and it is showing as available for £10 to watch the game.

Worth a punt!

6 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Not sure why you're suddenly so dismissive of Dack. The manager considered him good enough to be one of the first options off the bench on Sunday, so he must be alright? You seem aghast at the thought of picking Dack and are questioning it like he's proposed bringing Alan Fettis out of retirement, but it's an entirely reasonable suggestion - he's obviously in JDT's plans and given our hectic schedule and the conditions on the weekend there's a solid chance we rotate slightly (if not tonight then in future games).

And obviously we have other players now who are key players, but that doesn't mean you dismiss Dack suddenly. He might never get back to where he was, but I thought you'd be a bit more supportive of him and a manager who obviously has some faith in him!

No-one is being dismissive of him but I won't be dropping or rotating either Hedges or Szmodics. Both have been performing so I see no reason to bring Dack unless either are injury or not fit. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No-one is being dismissive of him but I won't be dropping or rotating either Hedges or Szmodics. Both have been performing so I see no reason to bring Dack unless either are injury or not fit. 

Szmodics was very quiet on Sunday to be fair.  Worked hard and put himself about, but had little impact.   Can't remember him having a really meaningful touch in their half.....  think he played the pass to Hedges for the BB goal if I'm not mistaken. 

You are being dismissive of Dack, you have been ever since Paul Mani told the world that him and Ayala were effectively dead men walking because they can't cope with the pressing game.  Last week you were leaving him entirely out of the squad to face Swansea as well.   Bloody glad JDT hasn't completely cut him adrift yet. 

I did wonder myself whether Dack would start tonight - Sunday would have been massively draining for the group. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has he? Aside from a goal gifted on a plate, I have not really seen too much of him. Been two difficult games of course, but I hope we see a lot more from him in coming games. 

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No way can we chuck Edun in, he is a liability. 

I would be wary of any changes bar Dack for Szmodics. Hard to take out a Buckley or a Hedges without weakening us. We badly need more players in.

Nearly had a heart attack on Sunday watching his performance.  I keep saying this - I don't think anyone has a clue what he does as a footballer OR where his best position is.  He was hopeless when he came on and must have given the ball away 5 or 6 times, putting us under increasing pressure. 

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope JDT feels differently at some stage, because we are going to need to manage the team's game time considerably over a long, gruelling season, especially with a pressing game.

Tonight might be the night, it might not be - but Dack offers something a bit different and I don't think it's totally absurd that he might be considered ahead of Szmodics or Hedges, although I'd wager the former is much more likely. 

That being said, I won't be upset if he doesn't start. But I don't want to hear you moaning or criticising JDT if he comes off the bench or does start 😂

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nobody is being dismissive of him, but yet you said he ‘was a very good player’. 
Arguably when a player recovering from two successive ACL injuries needs the most support, he’s not getting it from you!

• Like 1