BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

So JDT isn’t the second coming . But he isn’t as bad as some think. We need players but to say gb is responsible is far too simplistic. He is rebuilding a club. Players are only part of it. We badly need players. Not just numbers in but the right players. Way too soon to judge Sammie. He was brought in for a specific roll in a specific system which I’m guessing we are not playing 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Of course it's relevant.  Hes not had the chance to implement his own ideas

Kompany is doing ok. They have an identity already. Didn't take Big Sam to make his mark when he took over clubs. Maybe this is JDT's 'identity' and it's just not very good??

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

Buckley has faded since the first three games....he needs to step up otherwise I would put on Morton or Markanday.

You can tell yourself that but in reality he has done very little this season, this is game no.5 in the league and no standout performances or contribution. Needs dropping end of story. Same for majority of last season. 

I'll be fair, today most have been poor but this is a regular display for him we just choose to ignore it for some strange reason. We need fight, grit and a little creativity in the middle of the park. He's hiding again. Trav and Smozdic have actually showed some signs of fight in the first half.

1 minute ago, eire3382 said:

So JDT isn’t the second coming . But he isn’t as bad as some think. We need players but to say gb is responsible is far too simplistic. He is rebuilding a club. Players are only part of it. We badly need players. Not just numbers in but the right players. Way too soon to judge Sammie. He was brought in for a specific roll in a specific system which I’m guessing we are not playing 

He was brought in to play as a #10 in a 4-2-3-1. The problem is we've not had the ball the last 2 games. 

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Kompany is doing ok. 

11 fucking signings isn't it?  Told the owners what he wanted and he got it 

JDT tells Greg who asks waggot who asks suhail who asks venkys and by the time it's gome all the way up the chain of command the players retired lol

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Kompany is doing ok. They have an identity already. Didn't take Big Sam to make his mark when he took over clubs. Maybe this is JDT's 'identity' and it's just not very good??

Burnley have been hit and miss and sam Allardyce had 20 odd years in the job when he Took over.  Jdt is a relative novice In comparison 

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Of course it's relevant.  Hes not had the chance to implement his own ideas

This is still very much Mowbrays team and Mowbrays mess that JDT has inherited. Minus the players who abandoned ship/went back to their parent clubs.

The only issue I have with JDT is that I'd have hoped he'd have seen the weaknesses and set them up appropriately till he can implement his own ideas.

Though we are missing Wharton.

• Like 1

The highs and lows on this messageboard are more extreme than the crypto markets. 

Most expected a defeat here, most would have taken 9 points from our opening 5 matches. 

Our squad is too small, we're playing 3 matches in 6 days. What did everyone truly expect against one of the better sides in the division? 

I'm choosing to see this as a positive and hope that it reinforces the need for signings. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

11 fucking signings isn't it?  Told the owners what he wanted and he got it 

JDT tells Greg who asks waggot who asks suhail who asks venkys and by the time it's gome all the way up the chain of command the players retired lol

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Kompany has been allowed to sign 12 players. 

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Burnley have been hit and miss and sam Allardyce had 20 odd years in the job when he Took over.  Jdt is a relative novice In comparison 

We're talking about an identity. Of course he needs players. Time will tell...