BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

10 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Ayala is our only calm, experienced, top quality footballer. Our best player every game so far this season.

Nowt to do with 4 CBs

Wharton is an excellent player at this level. Based on his performances last year I think Carter can be a good player too. 

So everything to do with being down 4 CBs. 

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Part of the problem is that there's no competition for places. They know they've got a place in the team every week.

Exactly. Other clubs would be dropping lads knowing there is other in the squad chomping at the bit to make the shirt theirs. Massive issue.

For the last 3 games, we haven't looked remotely like we could keep or pass the ball. 

Not a clue. 

Usually, in 90 minutes, a team would have a 10 minute spell where they have control of the game, but that has not happened in the last 3 games. 

We have made all 3 teams look like dangerous,  talented, possession-based champions. 

Last season, in this game, an out of form, confidence-light Rovers dominated Sheff U for much of the game. This is difficult to watch.

We were also kicked out of the game in the end. Today, we have led down before they have started kicking, but their unpenalised ugly deliberate fouling game is starting.  

On Wed. I was waiting for the changes to be made to alleviate Reading's dominance. That didn't happen. 

Today, I will expect the same, but I'm not holding my breath.....

I feel like JDT is not expecting or demanding that we retain possession, or accurately pass the ball. 

Pitiful.

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Hangover from the Mowbray era? Either way, we have a new manager now and he needs to act

Looks like they have a total lack of winning mentality.

Sheffield United pundits said it right, they look like a team just trying to hang on for a point, slacking off.

Two centre halves haven’t been at fault - again. The rest have been shocking. 

Hate how we have 2 strikers who can supposedly head the ball, and yet we get throw ins 10 yards from their goal-line and work it back to Kaminsky.

Brittain hasn’t played well at Reading or in the first half here, but looked decent in his first game. However I have to say Sammie is lucky to be starting. Outside of the well taken goal against Swansea I’ve seen little other than energy.

I don’t understand how we seem to want to pass,pass, pass and play football everywhere on the pitch, but the most technical player we have to play that game is on the bench.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Ayala has been tremendous at the back. Shouting at everyone to get organised. We need him FIT for as long as we can. Edun and Pickering are ticking time bombs. We need DEFENDERS!

Up front we created nothing. Szmodics is running around aimlessly. Gave away the freekick which they scored.

Gally has been doing all the hard work. 3-4 good defensive headers by him. And willing to run the channels. Good grafter.

Bring on Dack for Szmodics and Morton for Bucko.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

For all of the doom and gloom, Sheffield Utd have only had two good chances - one being a 35 yard free kick. 

We DESPERATELY need reinforcements - it's really that simple. JDT keeps on reminding us that we're 5 players short. It's showing every game now. 

Phillips saved one off the line and Kamenski had to make a save from 6 yards out. They could easily have 3 that half. 

• Like 1