BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

Sam Gallagher on the right wing again - if this had been Mowbray the knives would be out

Buckley needs to step up today - sitting back and exchanging little passes with the back 4 or 5 isn't enough. He needs to get forward and start testing the opposition 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's on. Match pass available via Subscriptions section.

I've already paid my £140 before the season started... I've had no problems before Match Centre not coming up on my match page

It's up panic over...COME ON YOU BLUES!!!! 

Edited by Derbyshire Blue
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Id love to be proven wrong and I think the main blame lies above Tomasson but Edun at wing back and Pickering and Ashley Phillips as centre backs does not scream "solid as a rock!"

Well I hope Rovers proved you wrong. 

I think it will 1-1 draw

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Such a patched up side when there is one winger and one main centre back out is quite stark.

we don't play with wingers in the first place anyway when playing 4-2-3-1 formation anyway 

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Sam Gallagher on the right wing again - if this had been Mowbray the knives would be out

Buckley needs to step up today - sitting back and exchanging little passes with the back 4 or 5 isn't enough. He needs to get forward and start testing the opposition 

The Gallagher thing is absolutely doing my head in. It's just stupid.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Derbyshire Blue said:

I've already paid my £140 before the season started... I've had no problems before Match Centre not coming up on my match page

It's up panic over...COME ON YOU BLUES!!!! 

For some reason it seems to come up very late. I was a bit worried 

55 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We are  rolling the dice big time with our inability to bring in a centre half. The only 'defensive' option on the bench is JRC. It's criminal really and we've known about Wharton's injury for well over a week now.

There's a possibility of Buckley finishing RWB today. It seems the club were hasty in letting James Brown and Tyler Magloire go before getting in cover. I'm sure Travis would have been considered for emergency CB but the long-running problem remains that there are few alternatives to fill his role.

I have a feeling that if we try to play a slow build up game, we will be picked off by Khadra. We probably need to do a Mowbray* and sit deep, to protect the slower defenders and try to win with limited possession.

*Mowbray circa Oct-Dec 2021

Edited by riverholmes