BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (a) - 20/8/22

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

Absolutely rubbish half. Szmodics and Buckley to come off at HT. 

The likes of Pickering, Edun, Szmodics, Gally are just not good enough for this level. They cannot control or pass a football  

Too early to say about Szmodics but Gally and Pickering need replacing. Gallagher is okay on the bench to put on in the last 10-15. Pickering should go elsewhere, oppo teams know he's the weakest link.

Disappointed in Buckley, standing around like he's somewhere else to be.

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Szmodics looks what he is ..... and League One player. And we paid about £2m for him?

The Posh chairman knows his stuff

Exactly, we should be signing players to push for promotion and be ready for the PL if we had any ambition…for me it looks like we’re signing players ready for League 1 (like a promoted PL team signing Championship players ala Bournemouth)

Starting to become worried. We look so creatively devoid, which we looked past when we won the first 3 games, largely because it was coupled with a very strong defensive showing. 

SS has seemed absent since the goal at Swansea, the midfield keeps getting overrun and I just can't see where the goals are coming from.

Big test for us 2nd half. 

If you went back over the previous 2.5 games and counted how many completed passes we've made in the oppositions half, well let's just say it wouldn't take very long.

11 behind the ball, 100% of the time is the shit that gets you fired by Halloween. Find your balls JDT.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Two centre halves haven’t been at fault - again. The rest have been shocking. 

Hate how we have 2 strikers who can supposedly head the ball, and yet we get throw ins 10 years from their goal-line and work it back to Kaminsky.

Brittain hasn’t played well at Reading or in the first half here, but looked decent in his first game. However I have to say Sammie is lucky to be starting. Outside of the well taken goal against Swansea I’ve seen little other than energy.

I don’t understand how we seem to want to pass,pass, pass and play football, but the most technical player we have is on the bench.

You'd hope high energy isn't THE pre-requisite when making signings. 

• Like 1

This was meant to be a possession based, high intensity style of football under JDT. Fair enough, we are short on quality, but I haven't seen much signs of the above so far this season.

We're struggling to string three passes together here. It has to be a concern for the manager, surely.

Sheff Utd really aren't all that. Their fans were getting frustrated at 0-0, it's just that we have been so weak and haven't laid a glove on them.

• Like 2

It seems obvious when we have been totally dominated that we add Dack into midfield and remove an attacker. I include Szmodics as an attacker, and would remove him. 

Our midfield would then be slightly less likely to be overrun. 

It's the fact that we don't look like we have a clue, whoever plays, that is the most worrying. 

Lose 10 players and bring in 3 of which 1 is only deemed good enough for the bench and the jury is out on the other 2 then what do you expect?

I'll give JDT the benefit of the doubt for the time being but the big risk is he will get seriously p1ssed-off unless GB, Waggott and V's get their act together very feckin quickly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

This was meant to be a possession based, high intensity style of football under JDT. Fair enough, we are short on quality, but I haven't seen much signs of the above so far this season.

We're struggling to string three passes together here. It has to be a concern for the manager, surely.

Sheff Utd really aren't all that. Their fans were getting frustrated at 0-0, it's just that we have been so weak and haven't laid a glove on them.

Agreed. The only passes we put together are slowly playing it back to Kamenski to the hoof it long. Nothing forward connects. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

When their guy comes in late and polaxes our player it's not being bullied, it's an easy yellow card. 

This is an important point, and exactly the same thing happened last year. Yellow card challenges are not even given as a foul. 

Weak referreeing.

That doesn't excuse our pathetic performance, however....

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Too early to say about Szmodics but Gally and Pickering need replacing. Gallagher is okay on the bench to put on in the last 10-15. Pickering should go elsewhere, oppo teams know he's the weakest link.

Disappointed in Buckley, standing around like he's somewhere else to be.

Not sure it is too early. Szmodics is woeful. 

28 minutes ago, booth said:

Oh dear. We need players. Any team with the likes of Pickering and Gallagher in the team week in/week out will struggle. Too many passengers and zero depth so no choice but to use them.

Gally has been our second best player after Ayala. And he’s been bang average.