BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup - next round, moving on - draw.

Charlton a league 1 side are giving a more established epl side than forest the test of their lives ffs. Pathetic that we threw in the towel from the starting lineup in the vain hope that we might accrue enough points to get in the playoffs.  The lack of ambition stinks. I think the jdt experiment has failed and its time to go for a more experienced manager 

• Like 5

Just now, neophox said:

To criticise JDT when were 3rd in the league are premature.....Without him we would be lower in the table and he has brought through alot of youngsters whos getting alot of experience in playing against Premier League opposition. 

Hes got most of these points through luck rather than design 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Charlton a league 1 side are giving a more established epl side than forest the test of their lives ffs. Pathetic that we threw in the towel from the starting lineup in the vain hope that we might accrue enough points to get in the playoffs.  The lack of ambition stinks. I think the jdt experiment has failed and its time to go for a more experienced manager 

Yes we gave Tony 5 years :::)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

It's about how much money you spend don't you know😉 we were lucky to share a pitch with the mighty Forest tonight. Couldn't possibly compete with them!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Feel dreadful for the 9k or so if ours who turned up on a Weds eve before Christmas for that.

can’t believe Trav’s trajectory from being made captain to most people thinking he’s not for the first team.

No insight into Brockhall at all, but we look an unhappy bunch. Something definitely not clicking.

I'm not sure about the last bit - the win at Norwich in our last game (with first team players in the side) showed a hungry and motivated side.

You can't read too much into a load of reserve jobbers being beaten tonight.

What now happens on Monday is the important bit, though I do agree on it being a shitshow for the fans who turned up tonight.

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

There are absolutely concerns about a lot of things with us right now and they’re concerns that I share and have highlighted. That said, he’s not even been here six months.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

To criticise JDT when were 3rd in the league are premature.....Without him we would be lower in the table and he has brought through alot of youngsters whos getting alot of experience in playing against Premier League opposition. 

Absolutely no way of knowing this. Could argue we could be higher.

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

A cup quarter-final was at stake .... 2 games from Wembley, a day out to remember

But hey, we're "focusing on the league" for a top 6 place

Hurrah!

It's a loser mentality which has to transmit to the players.

As exciting as day old wet lettuce.

Hirst beggars belief, he's so gash.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Yes we gave Tony 5 years :::)

I do agree that JDT needs a couple more windows to show what he can do.

He just can't seem to get his head around our lack of technique in playing short passing especially in defence.

Szmodics .... Lovely pirouettes in midfield usually just before losing possession.

We got plenty of experience in transitions against us today. We used to call them fecking up and being counter attacked.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

I totally get the starting line up….thin squad , big league games coming up but…..what I don’t get is 

No plan..either  A or B

A manager who cannot / will not see when “ players “ ( I use that term loosely) are harmful to the club when they are on the pitch..Hirst , Mola, Wharton , Travis 

Away of playing which will have fans leaving in their droves….Mowbray was on a “journey “ and we all know where that ended but this fella seems totally clueless re systems, formations….he doesn’t “ get “ what we at Ewood Park expect…not wins every week but a team who have some pride in the shirt and a rough idea of what they’re supposed to be doing 

I know we are third …….I believe more by luck than anything JDT had put together… but this set up lacks thought, balls and respect for the ones of us who remain at Ewood ..yet again I journey home full of embarrassment, anger , frustration…and most of all hopelessness…merry bloody Christmas!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dolly blue said:

I totally get the starting line up….thin squad , big league games coming up but…..what I don’t get is 

No plan..either  A or B

A manager who cannot / will not see when “ players “ ( I use that term loosely) are harmful to the club when they are on the pitch..Hirst , Mola, Wharton , Travis 

Away of playing which will have fans leaving in their droves….Mowbray was on a “journey “ and we all know where that ended but this fella seems totally clueless re systems, formations….he doesn’t “ get “ what we at Ewood Park expect…not wins every week but a team who have some pride in the shirt and a rough idea of what they’re supposed to be doing 

I know we are third …….I believe more by luck than anything JDT had put together… but this set up lacks thought, balls and respect for the ones of us who remain at Ewood ..yet again I journey home full of embarrassment, anger , frustration…and most of all hopelessness…merry bloody Christmas!

Well done for attending when you probably knew the sort of team that would be fielded.

I feel your pain 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'm not sure about the last bit - the win at Norwich in our last game (with first team players in the side) showed a hungry and motivated side.

You can't read too much into a load of reserve jobbers being beaten tonight.

What now happens on Monday is the important bit, though I do agree on it being a shitshow for the fans who turned up tonight.

I would agree with you up to the point of Travis and Scott Wharton who have only quite recently hit fairly catastrophic patches of form at similar times and for no obvious reason. That’s the bit that makes me wonder and warrants some form of explanation.

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Haha

This was a game for the youngster to impress. They obviously haven’t…Why the hell would we risk starting key players to then risk injury when we play in 5 days….Also to note the other games in this short period…I bet you’d of been first to moan if Diaz got injured.

We are 3rd in the league, don’t you think the priority is to maintain that position? Sorry about your joyless day out to Wembley ruined…we’d of got hammered by United next round anyway so we would never of got there.

And yet Diaz came on as a late sub for a Dolan injury. Bit mental that choice if protecting players is the priority.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Good luck with that one.

However Sunderland are pants so we have a chance there 

And if you are pants, all you can hope for on Boxing Day is for your opponents to turn up, "dicking about at the back" and without the guts to come back from a goal down-a goal that you don't even have to work for......just saying...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

And if you are pants, all you can hope for on Boxing Day is for your opponents to turn up, "dicking about at the back" and without the guts to come back from a goal down-a goal that you don't even have to work for......just saying...

Mowbray v JDT, a tactical masterclass in the offing.

I can hardly wait although I may just sit outside in case I see it snow here on Boxing Day.

Dingles lost so not a totally wasted day.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Sometimes I think the fans on this messageboard will only be happy if we played tikki-takka, won the league and won the cup. FFS. Look at where we have been for the last 12 years. We are finally getting results where it matters most and people complain because we arent performing perfectly every single game with this squad. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Another dispiriting defeat in front of the home fans following on from the Preston debacle

Can you blame folk for not turning up?

It was very full around me this evening in the Jack Walker upper.  I could count the regulars (ST holders) on the fingers of one hand.  Most of the fans appeared to at Ewood as part of larger family groups making it a Christmas outing on a one off basis.  

The ST holders looked like they were staying away to be replaced by occasional visitors who would not have been impressed with JDT and our players.