BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 3/9/22

Sky still have a contract with the EFL to provide games on the red button but this season, because of the break for the World Cup, there are more midweek games. I assume the contract is for a certain number of games and the extra midweek games have not been added to the contract.

• Like 1

We’ve tended to follow good performances up with indifferent ones in the past. Especially in a Weds-Sat format. I’d take any sort of a win today. Bristol are no mugs and they managed to steal all three points in last seasons death spiral if my memory serves me well. I’ll go for Rovers 2-1.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Is there really nobody else than Travis we can afford to play right-back today/for as long as Britton's out?

I don't know much about how Bristol Rovers play; but they don't have a good record on the road yet. In recent years that would have been a cue for a Moggasaurus selection that would have been totally wrong for the day. I can't see JDT ever being so weak.

I think that, once Britton's fit, the back 4 should pick itself. It almost feels like we're spoiled for choice in midfield and up front, so let's hope we kick on from that win on Wednesday and consolidate our place in the top 6 above the team that can't play till the final whistle!

18 minutes ago, R0verb0y said:

Is there really nobody else than Travis we can afford to play right-back today/for as long as Britton's out?

I don't know much about how Bristol Rovers play; but they don't have a good record on the road yet. In recent years that would have been a cue for a Moggasaurus selection that would have been totally wrong for the day. I can't see JDT ever being so weak.

I think that, once Britton's fit, the back 4 should pick itself. It almost feels like we're spoiled for choice in midfield and up front, so let's hope we kick on from that win on Wednesday and consolidate our place in the top 6 above the team that can't play till the final whistle!

I'd like to think we could beat Bristol Rovers quite easily,  Bristol City on the other hand....😊

On 01/09/2022 at 20:39, Andy said:

Gutted I'm missing this one - bought tickets to take the kids to a wrestling thing in Cardiff on Sat before the fixtures came out 🤦‍♂️

However, optimistic after the Blackpool performance and a win would keep us within a couple of points from the top spot.

I'd go with:

Kaminski

Travis Carter Hyam Pickering

Wharton Morton

Hedges Dack BBD

Hirst

Fair play to you - Wrestling is a real erm.. man's sport...lol!

You can watch the game and make all the noise you like whilst doing so - it is considered de-rigeur to simulate Tourettes whist watching a wrestling bout, or at least it was back in the day when Big Daddy was the KING OF THE WRESTLING WORLD (according to Granada Telly)

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

When the red red robin goes bob, bob bobin' along....

Rovers 1 v 0 Bristol City

Hirst with a debut goal to send the massed throngs into delirium. 

Not wearing my throng today. Conditions too sthweaty.

Need to put in a shift, Rovers. All very well doing it on the road (occasionally!) but we need to develop a fortress Ewood mentality too, as others have said.

1-1 likely... would love a 2-0

COYB!

My prediction is that Bristol City will play a lot better than Blackpool did.

Still think we will win though, 3-1 with BBD, Hirst and Buckley to score.

I don't think JDT wants to start A.Wharton again so soon, Buckley to come in.

Kaminski

Travis     Hyam    Ayala   Pickering

Buckley    Morton

Hedges        Dack          Diaz

Hirst

5 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

My prediction is that Bristol City will play a lot better than Blackpool did.

Still think we will win though, 3-1 with BBD, Hirst and Buckley to score.

I don't think JDT wants to start A.Wharton again so soon, Buckley to come in.

Kaminski

Travis     Hyam    Ayala   Pickering

Buckley    Morton

Hedges        Dack          Diaz

Hirst

If Buckley comes in and plays like last weekend we’re stuffed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

You cant drop Wharton. If you play well you should start, no matter the age.

Agreed. Leaving him out after such an outstanding performance sends out the wrong message to me. Personally I think he will start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I cant comment about Burns having not seen him but all Im saying against curtain teams a headless chicken upfront can be effective.

I agree, Dolan's pressing ability will often draw a foul or a turnover, much more effective than hanging around waiting for a window of opportunity.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. I would Start Hirst today but if Dolan start there then I would have no problem with it cos he can press the ball high and highlighted games where it works. 

What about the games when it didn’t work ?

Another interesting selection dilemma for JDT. I’d like to see Hirst at some point in the game. Wether I’d start him is another story but I haven’t seen him in training.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. I would Start Hirst today but if Dolan start there then I would have no problem with it cos he can press the ball high and highlighted games where it works. 

He’s terrible in that position and rarely scores so hopefully he starts Hirst and uses Dolan as a sub.

• Like 1