BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 3/9/22

1 hour ago, Snowman54 said:

No Rovers TV Stream for todays game v Brisrol City for International Pass Holders like myself in Spain.

Anyone know which Spanish local channel is showing match live?????

I’m in Spain too and will be very surprised if a Spanish channel is showing the game. I will check it out though. 

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

For those living abroad who subscribe to Rovers TV this is the reason the match isn’t on today. Disappointing as this is, I still think £140 for the season is good value. 

Any games being shown live, either in the UK or abroad are not included, but as shown on this link, a subscription to any one of those channels will give you official coverage of the game. 

Theres 2 sides to Rovers, the Rovers that played fantastic football against Blackpool, moving the ball about superbly. Then the Rovers who didn't turn up for 45 minutes against Stoke and payed the price. Lets hope its the Rovers who played against Blackpool today. Great to see BBD is here till at least January and John Buckley has signed a new 5 year contract. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Does anyone know what’s happening with the red button on sky this season. I tried it when we played Blackpool to see if it worked but it didn’t. I thought all midweek games were on the red button ?

The Blackpool game was on a Sky main channel.

5 hours ago, lraC said:

I love Dolans enthusiasm and although things don’t always come off for him, he wears his heart on his sleeve and is proud to wear the blue and white shirt. I am a fan and see a player on there, just bursting to get out.

This! 

Football, for me, is about passion, pride and doing your best to get the result for your team as long as you can and with all your heart. Dolan, whilst his end product might be described as 'needing polish', personifies the spirit of the game. If he could fine tune his game to deliver more goals, people would be raving about his game-changing capabilities, not unlike a certain high profile journeyman MBE (Liverpool, Man Citeh, Chelsea). 

I’m sure nobody is doubting Dolan’s professionalism or his work rate - as a fan you are allowed to question his ability. He was summed up for me the other night when he did the hard work and then ballooned one into row Z. He has a place for me, but not as a starter. Against tired legs he is a handful.

Onto today - it’d be nice to get one over on this lot after last season when they did a right job on us at Ewood. 2-1 Rovers.

COYB. 

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Would you like to see Dolan playing there again then , like today for example ?

To be fair Dolan playing as a false 9 can work well when applying high press. Times last season Dolan being the front man meant his high energy meant he chased down everything from pass backs to teams playing across the back four. When Buckley played as the link play between midfield and forward who also chased down meant we recovered the ball higher up the pitch.

The problem is with Dolan is what he did once he gets the ball or when we are playing from the back. He cant hold the ball or have the ability to win a free kick

2 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

To be fair Dolan playing as a false 9 can work well when applying high press. Times last season Dolan being the front man meant his high energy meant he chased down everything from pass backs to teams playing across the back four. When Buckley played as the link play between midfield and forward who also chased down meant we recovered the ball higher up the pitch.

The problem is with Dolan is what he did once he gets the ball or when we are playing from the back. He cant hold the ball or have the ability to win a free kick

Personally I think that Sam Burns could do the things you just explained, far better than Dolan. But neither is at a level to be starting championship games.

On 01/09/2022 at 20:39, Andy said:

Gutted I'm missing this one - bought tickets to take the kids to a wrestling thing in Cardiff on Sat before the fixtures came out 🤦‍♂️

Oh dear; hope your phone's: i) on mute; ii) set to this page, so you can surreptitiously keep up-to-date! 😉

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I think that Sam Burns could do the things you just explained, far better than Dolan. But neither is at a level to be starting championship games.

I cant comment about Burns having not seen him but all Im saying against curtain teams a headless chicken upfront can be effective. Oddly a large number of Rovers fans seem to prefer this type of player compared to a more skilled one who chooses how they spend their energy.  

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Sky can’t show every night game because of their contract.

But it looks like it’s back for the next round of midweeks.

1DF1C5F4-01EB-49BA-902F-7C9DFE167F24.jpeg

Wow; Albion v. Birmingham being played at night; can't be much rivalry there. Can't imagine Mr. Plod would allow t'Classico to start at 8.00.

2 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I cant comment about Burns having not seen him but all Im saying against curtain teams a headless chicken upfront can be effective. Oddly a large number of Rovers fans seem to prefer this type of player compared to a more skilled one who chooses how they spend their energy.  

I agree about the style of play. It is just in my opinion Burns is, faster, more aggressive, stronger and has more of a goal threat than Dolan.

• Like 1