BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sam Szmodics-Your thoughts?

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He scored one and assist one with great cross in for BBD to score only 3 games ago. 

3 games ago - what has he done since? At Wigan he put in one of the worst performances i have seen from a rovers player in the last 35 years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

3 games ago - what has he done since? At Wigan he put in one of the worst performances i have seen from a rovers player in the last 35 years. 

He was one of our best players yesterday, put in a superb shift. Take it you didn't go?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Why? I think people need to watch what Dack has done for the u21 and cameos, for me it’s purely financial, another Nelsen or Salgado situation. He is better than the players starting

And yet we are still top of the league. Dack may be better than the players that are starting. But perhaps he is not better for the team. I am willing to leave that judgement to JDT.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 7

43 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Why? I think people need to watch what Dack has done for the u21 and cameos, for me it’s purely financial, another Nelsen or Salgado situation. He is better than the players starting

He may be but he cannot put in the amount of work Sam S us putting in because he hasn’t got the legs

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Well clearly not otherwise he would be playing wouldn't he? 

It's nothing do with financial is it? We are top of the league. Fans should by happy and happy with how JDT is doing and his judgement 

Thought he was much better in midfield today than he has been up front earlier in the season. Great energy and harrying, and has genuine pace and carries the ball forward well. Only issue was poor passing. Could have released the strikers several times but couldn't find the right pass.

Can see him playing in midfield more.

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Thought he was much better in midfield today than he has been up front earlier in the season. Great energy and harrying, and has genuine pace and carries the ball forward well. Only issue was poor passing. Could have released the strikers several times but couldn't find the right pass.

Can see him playing in midfield more.

Couple of misplaced passes aside, I was pleased that he was getting involved in the build up more today. He was good against Rotherham but he seemed to be playing much further up, so didn't really get on the ball all that much.

Still forming my opinion on him, but I'm happy to say that he was good today. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pick32 said:

I'm more on about your mocking of Szmodics.

I'm a Dack fan and definitely do not want to see him leave.

Szmodics is fast becoming an important player for us though with his intense pressing, I'm sorry but I just don't see Dack offering that.

Dack could be a key asset when struggling to unlock defences though and still believe he's got the knack of being in the right place right time to score. 

His missus bleating on social media ain't really doing him any favours though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well clearly not otherwise he would be playing wouldn't he? 

It's nothing do with financial is it? We are top of the league. Fans should by happy and happy with how JDT is doing and his judgement 

I have no qualms with him not playing last night as we won, but the quoted part is just a nonsense way to close any sort of debate. By that logic you cannot critique any team selection for any team as the manager always picks the best 11. Imagine having that sort of attitude when Kean was playing Bradley Orr whilst Nelsen and other stalwarts rotted and were forced out - 'well they're clearly not better otherwise they'd be playing'. 

As I said, I'm not disagreeing with the selection, but it's just a nonsensical way of arguing it. 

Thought Szmodics played well last night - worked his socks off and justified his selection. Well played!

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

I have no qualms with him not playing last night as we won, but the quoted part is just a nonsense way to close any sort of debate. By that logic you cannot critique any team selection for any team as the manager always picks the best 11. Imagine having that sort of attitude when Kean was playing Bradley Orr whilst Nelsen and other stalwarts rotted and were forced out - 'well they're clearly not better otherwise they'd be playing'. 

As I said, I'm not disagreeing with the selection, but it's just a nonsensical way of arguing it. 

Thought Szmodics played well last night - worked his socks off and justified his selection. Well played!

This is nothing like Kean thing was for me. Dack has played in 9 league games. JDT explained his reasons why he left Dack out? Maybe Dack isn't as fit as we want him to be? 

Dack was one of our best player at Rovers but post 2 ACL injuries. I don't think he is now. Good squad player now but I'm sure Dack wants to play regularly now. That's why I think he leave for first team football in January cos I can't see staying if he not playing regularly. Somewhere like Huddersfield, Hull or Sunderland are possible interested clubs

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Ran himself into the ground for the team tonight, probably get rested on Saturday.

Dack needs to be coming on in games like tonight to replace him and get a foot on the ball and stop wave after wave of attack coming back.

Feels like Dack is out of the picture now...  If we weren't even going to put him on the bench yesterday with Travis out  Obviously JDT wants the workrate even in a midfield three... I don't really agree with it myself as the other two can play deeper and one in the 10 role, but he had all three in a line all game but saying that it worked well.

If wed had a 10 on I think it would have really helped with getting the final ball right, but I suppose the trade off would be a bit less defensive solidarity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This is nothing like Kean thing was for me. Dack has played in 9 league games. JDT explained his reasons why he left Dack out? Maybe Dack isn't as fit as we want him to be? 

Dack was one of our best player at Rovers but post 2 ACL injuries. I don't think he is now. Good squad player now but I'm sure Dack wants to play regularly now. That's why I think he leave for first team football in January cos I can't see staying if he not playing regularly. Somewhere like Huddersfield, Hull or Sunderland are possible interested clubs

Comparing to the Kean issue was me over exaggerating the point, but 'he's not playing so he isn't better' just shuts down any debate. JDT clearly doesn't see him as better (rightly or wrongly). Ultimately, I have no arguments - we won, played well and Szmodics worked his socks off. I'd personally like to keep Dack as he offers something different, but he also deserves to be playing regularly and happy. I don't agree with those decrying Dack's lack of selection as ultimately in the last 2 games we've scored 4 goals and got 6 points - JDT lives and dies by such decisions and our league position would indicate he's getting them right more often than not. 

• Like 2

Think playing a midfield three as the one with license to get forward is a good fit for him. Still not sold on him to date, but he did well against Rotherham and certainly put in a sift last night. Still needs to make the right decisions but then even BBD is guilty of that alot.