BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Joe Rankin-Costello

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

A decent manager maybe?

I think the most important factor has definitely been finding full and consistent fitness. With that, we've been able to see the player he really always was.

Fingers crossed he stays fit consistently, if so then this contract could be crucial for us.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I think the most important factor has definitely been finding full and consistent fitness. With that, we've been able to see the player he really always was.

Fingers crossed he stays fit consistently, if so then this contract could be crucial for us.

I think some of his injury struggles have led him to be the player he is today. I'm sure he always had faith in his ability, but he was staring lower league football in the eye. 

I always thought he was an ok player, but never saw the attitude we see in him now, which coupled with sustained fitness is what has made him so much better. It seemed like previously he was a product of sanitised youth football and now he's a player who had to get the bit between his teeth and win people over through sheer force of will. 

I think he's brilliant and one of my favorite players. I can see him scoring a few next season too, regardless of whether he's at right back or in midfield.

• Like 2

As long as his fitness stands up - I reckon we're going to get a fantastic season from JRC. Love his passion - have to admit I thought he was heading for the scrap heap. Fair play to him as aside from Wharton, he was probably my favourite player last season. 

• Like 1

Delighted to see the new contract signed. Ever since the Junior H debacle I always get a little nervous when a new contract is supposedly a 'done deal', yet weeks go by and you hear owt. 

Fully deserved, hopefully he carries on his form from last season into this!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I've been told the early prognosis on Joe's hamstring injury is twelve weeks out and potential surgery.

That's a huge blow to both Joe and Rovers.

That is a huge blow, he's been integral to the way we play both at FB and CM. I think he would have scored quite a few goals this season, he was making some great runs into the box from CM and clearly has a knack for scoring (one of the few in our team that does have that knack).

We desperately need to strengthen in January. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

That is a huge blow, he's been integral to the way we play both at FB and CM. I think he would have scored quite a few goals this season, he was making some great runs into the box from CM and clearly has a knack for scoring (one of the few in our team that does the have that knack).

We desperately need to strengthen in January. 

There's a paradox here in that we have a decent replacement in Brittain but moving him to right back weakens the right midfield position. As you say we need to strengthen in January in a few areas. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There's a paradox here in that we have a decent replacement in Brittain but moving him to right back weakens the right midfield position. As you say we need to strengthen in January in a few areas. 

I think we all knew we failed to sufficiently strengthen CB, RW and CF in the summer. It's amazing how quickly all those positions have become major headaches. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

I've been told the early prognosis on Joe's hamstring injury is twelve weeks out and potential surgery.

That's a huge blow to both Joe and Rovers.

Jheez and that's just back to pitch if all well. Getting him back to his best could be longer.

We are going to be hampered by the lack in depth, due to limited funds which led to limited recruitment.

Only one part of the club to blame for this and it isn't the coaching staff or the physios

• Like 4

• 3 months later...