BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JDT and Dack bust up

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He is fitter and faster for two points. He puts in a shift and can last 85-90 minutes whereas BD can’t - that’s a starting point

Fair enough. I have no problem with him not being in the starting line up.

What I have a problem with is him being put on the bench for the last few games (until Sunderland) and not being sed, even when we are behind.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'd assume when a player is out with a serious long term injury there is insurance to cover some if not all of their wages until they start kicking a ball again.

So i doubt he's cost a million and a half for nothing this past few years.

I know a little about this subject...

Sometimes the cost of insuring players is so very prohibitive that clubs effectively insure themselves, creating a slush fund of each player's premium to help cover their behind if and when of them succumbs to something serious; they can then dip in to said fund for things like transfers when the time is deemed acceptable to do so.

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Fair enough. I have no problem with him not being in the starting line up.

What I have a problem with is him being put on the bench for the last few games (until Sunderland) and not being sed, even when we are behind.

This is it in a nutshell for me. Ultimately JDT has to call the shots. If he doesn't like what he's seeing from Dack in training, or that his injuries have taken their toll, then he has to be backed to select whoever he chooses. He'll live or die by results, and so far they've gone brilliantly. 

BUT when Dack has got on the pitch this season, he has shown that his talent hasn't disappeared. Away at Wigan, or away at Luton, the team were putting in absolutely woeful performances and were screaming out for someone with more guile and attacking nous to help us create or score. Dack was the obvious option, so I can't fathom why he has been so sparingly used even as an impact sub. 

• Like 1

The manager claims that Dack, who suffered back-to-back ACL injuries 2020-21 and 2021-22, has not reached peak match fitness.

But former Rovers boss Tony Mowbray told the press after his Sunderland side’s defeat at Ewood Park that the player claims his physical metrics are the best they have ever been.

I would think both these claims are true, but there has to be something more to it than that

Thomasson has been dropping fat hints all along that Dack doesn’t go all out in training, and really who would after those two injuries. From him saying in pre-season that “you can’t be scared” to his Tuesday night Dack comments, all in the context of his “team always first” mantra and his repeated mentioning of players being contracted to do what is best for the team, it seems to me that he responds extremely negatively to any hint of personal entitlement from a player. Or from a player’s WAG.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

Have you see the league table recently

So what you are saying is in all the games we have lost, there is no way the result could have been different if we had elected to using Dack from the bench earlier?

Because we know for 100% certainty that by not putting him on earlier resulted in defeat.

26 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He gets the best results for the team by making sure that everyone buys in to the principle that the team comes first ahead of individual ambitions.

See my reply above.

I wouldnt start him. But he'd certainly be the 'emergency' option.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So what you are saying is in all the games we have lost, there is no way the result could have been different if we had elected to using Dack from the bench earlier?

Because we know for 100% certainty that by not putting him on earlier resulted in defeat.

I agree Dacks inclusion earlier may or may not, have changed  the results. But what I will say is that the high-lighted statement is utter bollocks, as it cannot be proven.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I'd require every player to buy in to the principle that the team comes ahead of personal ambition.

This shouldn’t be understated.

Every player who speaks about our success in 1995 all say the same thing.

It was a great group of lads, with wonderful team spirit and no egos, all playing for each other and the team.

From Bobby Mimms to Alan Shearer, they all say it! The only one they seem to agree on not liking was Richard Witschge who by all accounts was a dick and contributed nothing positive.

• Like 5

Yes you've got to start as you mean to go on so fair play to JDT for sticking to his guns but if the team comes first it's about getting points however using whoever is the best available option. 

Dack is being paid good money whether he is used or sat at home so the latter is a bit silly, team comes first so bullets have to be bitten on both sides at times.  

I always think about the Wimbledon documentary Crazy Gang where it was touched on how Fashinu and Sanchez hated each other. They had a scrap Fash showed he was the boss so they didn't speak again on or off the pitch but they still went out and did the business scoring goals and setting each other up.

Proper men, are there any left ?

43 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

This shouldn’t be understated.

Every player who speaks about our success in 1995 all say the same thing.

It was a great group of lads, with wonderful team spirit and no egos, all playing for each other and the team.

From Bobby Mimms to Alan Shearer, they all say it! The only one they seem to agree on not liking was Richard Witschge who by all accounts was a dick and contributed nothing positive.

And yet...others say all was not well in the dressing room...cliques/"Southport Mafia", excluding behaviour......wheels seemed to come off very quickly too....just saying

4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Alternatively the manager rightly regards football as a team game in which everybody pulls together with the attitude that you win and lose as a team and that prima donnas who want to put themselves first should knuckle down the same as everyone else. Something similar is going on at Manchester United.

When has Dack acted like a prima donna whilst at Rovers?

You made that up.

Pathetic.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

So why the bust up with our manager then ? 

Pathetic 

How about maybe he's training his arse off and still not getting 15 ins when we are losing or winning and hes asked why and got a non polite answer ?

There are several different scenarios possible here but of course it's always the player assumes the blame at Rovers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

How about maybe he's training his arse off and still not getting 15 ins when we are losing or winning and hes asked why and got a non polite answer ?

There are several different scenarios possible here but of course it's always the player assumes the blame at Rovers.

Or maybe the manager and his team are working their arses off for the club, see the league table with us in a position that gets automatic promotion, and demand that every single player signs up to the way that things are being done, and don't accept those who think that their 15 mins is in some way important.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I tell you what , with that Clarke playing like that, Dack will be tapping them in if he positions himself around the penalty spot etc....wouldn't have to move much.  Looks a shoe in...they'd love him up there.

I saw Clarke in an earlier game this season where he scored 1 and Roberts got 2.

Clarke is a real talent.

Whilst I will be pissed off if Dack goes I am almost resigned to it.

Dack or Szmodics? Now, what was the friggin question ....

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Or maybe the manager and his team are working their arses off for the club, see the league table with us in a position that gets automatic promotion, and demand that every single player signs up to the way that things are being done, and don't accept those who think that their 15 mins is in some way important.

But. If. We are a goal down with 20 to play, we are misfiring, who could we bring on? Hirst? Vale?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

But. If. We are a goal down with 20 to play, we are misfiring, who could we bring on? Hirst? Vale?

Irrelevant. It's a question of principle. The likes of Ferguson, Shankly, Dalglish, Clough demanded that players signed up to the principle that players subordinated their personal interests and ambitions to those of the team, regardless of whether there was some argument that the player could do something. If we are to succeed this season we have to proceed on that basis - which I sincerely hope Bradley Dack will do.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I agree Dacks inclusion earlier may or may not, have changed  the results. But what I will say is that the high-lighted statement is utter bollocks, as it cannot be proven.

Then you didn’t understand it.

I said “So what you are saying is in all the games we have lost, there is no way the result could have been different if we had elected to using Dack from the bench earlierr. Because we know for 100% certainty that by not putting him on earlier resulted in defeat.“

Think about this slowly before you reply,  but the reason we are 100% certain that not putting Dack on earlier in those  games resulted in defeat can be proven, is because we actually did lose them!!!!!

How is that utter bollocks. It’s pure fact.

Edited by Hasta