BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JDT and Dack bust up

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The is not a snowballs chance of getting anywhere near 2 million in January for Dack.

He will sit it out until end of contract, unless fees and wages are matched from elsewhere.

The player will do it the way he wants, the club and JDT can convert all they want.

I expect bad actors to continue with character distortion, pathetic welps.

If he's desperate to play why would he waste 6 more months of his career sitting on his current contract?

He's already missed 2 years. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The last time we  didnt lose a league game after going behind was at Coventry last year. Shocking first half before Dack came off the bench and changed the game. He offers something that no-one else in the squad really offers in terms being in the right place at the right time to be a goal threat.

I don't get why when we are behind in games (such as Luton and Wigan) he isnt the immediate go-to man to try and get a goal and get us back into the game. Factually, whatever JDT has done instead when we have gone behind hasnt worked as we have lost everytime it has happened this year.

Therefore Dack must be thinking "under what circmstances am I going to get on the pitch with enough time to make an influence". He's performed in the league cup games, and put on a highlights reel performance against Wolfsburg kids. JDT just doesnt fancy him.

The above is all factual. The opinion piece is why JDT doesnt fancy him. Either he thinks the other players have more ability and are better suited to changing the game. Or he would rather somebody else changed the game  than Dack incase it shows up his dedication to other players as being incorrect, and thus increasing the clamour for Dack to start. Personally I think it's the latter, which is why I think he is too stubborn in this situation to the detriment of the team.

Or he really dislikes Dack's mentality and is using him to prove a point.

By some accounts Dack sulked when he wasn't made captain. If JDT is trying to send a message to the squad (especially the younger players) that even the most senior pro has to work his bollocks off in training (which I bet he isn't) to get a sniff then this would be the outcome. 

18 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The above is all factual. The opinion piece is why JDT doesnt fancy him. Either he thinks the other players have more ability and are better suited to changing the game. Or he would rather somebody else changed the game  than Dack incase it shows up his dedication to other players as being incorrect, and thus increasing the clamour for Dack to start. Personally I think it's the latter, which is why I think he is too stubborn in this situation to the detriment of the team.

Or he has been instructed by the 'powers that be' that we aren't going to be using him and that he needs to be offloaded, and the easiest way to do that is to make his position here untenable.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Or he has been instructed by the 'powers that be' that we aren't going to be using him and that he needs to be offloaded, and the easiest way to do that is to make his position here untenable.

Alternatively the manager rightly regards football as a team game in which everybody pulls together with the attitude that you win and lose as a team and that prima donnas who want to put themselves first should knuckle down the same as everyone else. Something similar is going on at Manchester United.

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, DE. said:

I'm sure some will consider it petty, but I went off Dack after his reaction to our 7-0 drubbing at home to Fulham. It wasn't the behaviour of someone who really has any pride in being a part of the club. We've had a lot of talented players come and go over the years, but mentality has always been our Achilles' heel during the Venky era and partially why we've had to endure repeated death spirals and a total inability to recover when we concede the first goal. If JDT is addressing that mentality issue by letting certain players move on and bringing in others who will take the club as seriously as the fans do then that's OK with me.

If this isn't the primary reason then if we do let Dack go I hope we have some ideas as to who to bring in, because with the likelihood of Brereton leaving in January as well that's a ton of goals and assists heading out the door.

Absolutely, I think the other at the time was Butterworth and look where he's ended up. It is petty but it's telling. I remember Dack's reaction at the time, missing the point and call fans "wallys". That was the Mowbray holiday camp vibe spilling out on to social media. I call it not taking your own team and career quite seriously enough. I'd hazard a guess that JDT has seen glimpses of it and isn't interested in the slightest. I do have sympathy for Dack though, his injuries were horrendous and so unlucky at a huge time in his career. Hope he does well but his time at Rovers is mostly likely over.

• Like 1

His contract is up in the summer, he’s on large wages, the manager doesn’t fancy him. If we get any fee for him it will be a master stroke.

I’ll always have a soft spot for him, if for no other reason than my now legendary verdict at Shrewsbury away that “he’s an elegant solution to a problem we don’t have…” 🤦‍♂️ finally vindicated after just five short years…😜

His departure, whenever it is, won’t cause me too much heartache, we’ve gotten used to life without him. BBD on the other hand…

342F8C9A-56AB-43DC-A6F1-7F63D2A11596.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The is not a snowballs chance of getting anywhere near 2 million in January for Dack.

He will sit it out until end of contract, unless fees and wages are matched from elsewhere.

The player will do it the way he wants, the club and JDT can convert all they want.

I expect bad actors to continue with character distortion, pathetic welps.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

The last time we  didnt lose a league game after going behind was at Coventry last year. Shocking first half before Dack came off the bench and changed the game. He offers something that no-one else in the squad really offers in terms being in the right place at the right time to be a goal threat.

I don't get why when we are behind in games (such as Luton and Wigan) he isnt the immediate go-to man to try and get a goal and get us back into the game. Factually, whatever JDT has done instead when we have gone behind hasnt worked as we have lost everytime it has happened this year.

Therefore Dack must be thinking "under what circmstances am I going to get on the pitch with enough time to make an influence". He's performed in the league cup games, and put on a highlights reel performance against Wolfsburg kids. JDT just doesnt fancy him.

If we stay in the top two I don't care who JDT picks.

• Like 4

£15k+ per week and 2 years out = £1.6million

Where has he showed he is back to anywhere near? Poor Matt Jansen did more.

Very sad and I blame that PNE player, but the club has moved on.

If top 2 paid players are Ayala and Brad then there will be lots of scope for the Head Coach and Greg in 2023.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

If we stay in the top two I don't care who JDT picks.

Absolutely this. Obviously a drop off in form and league position will lead to plenty of Dack related recriminations, but if we have a successful season he’ll barely get a second thought apart from the odd reminiscence.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If he's desperate to play why would he waste 6 more months of his career sitting on his current contract?

He's already missed 2 years. 

Even for players who I greatly admire I believe money is a main factor.

It's a short career so he would need an attractive deal to move, Mowbray may turn out to be his saviour and Dack would go down well with the Sunderland hoardes.

Mowbray leaked what was a private conversation for a reason.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's a short career so he would need an attractive deal to move, Mowbray may turn out to be his saviour and Dack would go down well with the Sunderland hoardes.

I tell you what , with that Clarke playing like that, Dack will be tapping them in if he positions himself around the penalty spot etc....wouldn't have to move much.  Looks a shoe in...they'd love him up there.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I tell you what , with that Clarke playing like that, Dack will be tapping them in if he positions himself around the penalty spot etc....wouldn't have to move much.  Looks a shoe in...they'd love him up there.

And by January we will have played them twice this season. So no, returning player scoring against us syndrome.

21 minutes ago, Mhead2 said:

£15k+ per week and 2 years out = £1.6million

Where has he showed he is back to anywhere near? Poor Matt Jansen did more.

Very sad and I blame that PNE player, but the club has moved on.

If top 2 paid players are Ayala and Brad then there will be lots of scope for the Head Coach and Greg in 2023.

I think the point there is that we don't know. He got a handful of sub appearances last year where he looked off the pace but still scored and showed glimpses. This season he's looked a different level to the opposition in the league cup (can we read anything into that?) and produced a match winning piece of skill in one of the few games that he's started against Blackpool.

It's nowhere near enough to say that he's back to his level, but we haven't really seen much evidence that he's done either. All we have is Dack obviously upset about not playing whilst saying that he's fit, and JDT saying that he's not ready. 

As fans it's impossible for us to be too confident one way or another in terms of whether he can still contribute. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can`t for the life of me understand why szmodics is ahead of dack,(dack is 5 times the player sam is),tis football though,some managers prefer certain players,dack is nailed on  move in january

You have answered your own question there.

51 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can`t for the life of me understand why szmodics is ahead of dack,(dack is 5 times the player sam is),tis football though,some managers prefer certain players,dack is nailed on  move in january

He is fitter and faster for two points. He puts in a shift and can last 85-90 minutes whereas BD can’t - that’s a starting point

• Like 1

I'd assume when a player is out with a serious long term injury there is insurance to cover some if not all of their wages until they start kicking a ball again.

So i doubt he's cost a million and a half for nothing this past few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray, didn't he just!

I think TM is still a very angry man and he should not be undermining another manager. As is Mowbray's custom, he says he does not wish to undermine JDT, while doing exactly that...Similarly, he will say "I don't want to criticise the referee but..."

I fully expect  Sunderland to get Dack for next to nothing...which may well come back to bite us.

Personally, I just cannot believe Dack has not got more to offer than certain others, who have got many more minutes...

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He is fitter and faster for two points. He puts in a shift and can last 85-90 minutes whereas BD can’t - that’s a starting point

Again - that might or might not be true. It's not been obvious from what we've seen on the pitch this year that Dack isn't physically up to playing at the level required. 

Dack seems to have been improving more and more as player the more and more he hasn't played.

He was an excellent, top drawer Championship player before his first injury. Sadly, he hasn't shown anything like his underlying talent since his return last season. He did indeed change the game vs. Cov last season, but within his many othhr cameos both before and since he has sadly done very little IMO.

In some of these situations, JDT et al. will be seeing his application, effort and prowess on a daily basis and they are certainly best placed to make a decision on whether he should even be involved; and given the league position its hard to argue. Szmodics seems to be getting a tough time from some as he is being portrayed as some sort of villain because he's keeping Dack out of the team. I get the impression from JDT that he doesn't seem to have favourites and if you're in form, you're in the team.

IMHO Bradley needs to probably drop down a level and get a consistent run of games under his belt. I'm sure in the days of the "emergency" loan system he would be at a top-end L1 club as we speak, getting some senior competitive game time.

His mouthpiece of a fiancée also speaking out on Tuesday probably tells us all we need to know; something has gone on and he isn't happy and the writing seems on the wall. 

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Alternatively the manager rightly regards football as a team game in which everybody pulls together with the attitude that you win and lose as a team and that prima donnas who want to put themselves first should knuckle down the same as everyone else. Something similar is going on at Manchester United.

So basically he will contine to risk losing games which we are behind in to 'prove his point', rather than trying to get the best result for the team.

• Like 1