BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JDT and Dack bust up

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not surprise by the story to be honest, and it looks like someone has leaked it for a reason. Plus coupled this with Mowbray's post-match comments about Dack's fitness and comments makes me wonder if Mowbray is dropping hints that he wants him to Join Sunderland and I don't know any other reasons why he would make those private comments between them public. 

He will surely end up at Sunderland in January and I expect do quite well for them. 

I honestly really feel for Dack. He’s come back after 2 big injuries, put in the hard work to stay fit and get back to his best and then JDT brings him on for 5 minutes several games in a row. It was insulting really and especially in games where we were losing or struggling to score.

I don’t buy the reasoning that he doesn’t press enough off the ball. My memory might be failing me but I recall us getting a goal or at least several chances from him closing down defenders and winning the ball. At the very least give him a reasonable chance to show what he can do. 

It’s hard to argue with JDT given where we are in the table right now but I worry we are too reliant on BBD and any bust up with Dack will kill his morale and the overall team morale. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miker said:

He will surely end up at Sunderland in January and I expect do quite well for them. 

I honestly really feel for Dack. He’s come back after 2 big injuries, put in the hard work to stay fit and get back to his best and then JDT brings him on for 5 minutes several games in a row. It was insulting really and especially in games where we were losing or struggling to score.

I don’t buy the reasoning that he doesn’t press enough off the ball. My memory might be failing me but I recall us getting a goal or at least several chances from him closing down defenders and winning the ball. At the very least give him a reasonable chance to show what he can do. 

It’s hard to argue with JDT given where we are in the table right now but I worry we are too reliant on BBD and any bust up with Dack will kill his morale and the overall team morale. 

Being second in the league will offset any morale problems a bust up with Dack will cause.

• Like 1

IF they have had a bust up, and it's still a big if I would say....these things happen all the time in football. If Dack wasn't frustrated about a lack of game time then he wouldn't be bloody human. None of us know what goes on at Brockhall though, it's easy/lazy speculation based purely on Dack not playing.

I imagine JDT is getting sick of the constant Dack questions though, much like he was with Brereton ones before the window closed.

If we keep winning games the focus on Dack becomes less apparent, if we lose and we're not creating enough chances or scoring enough goals then focus shifts back to Dacks absence.

The fact he didn't even make the bench on Tuesday says either the bust up rumours have some weight, or he's playing a full 90 for the U21s tomorrow....

• Like 2

He's still only 28. Would be pretty stupid to see him starring for another Championship club. He should be given a chance to let us see what he can do.

He is still the most naturally talented player in the squad. Have injuries ruined his career permanently? We simply do not know.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miker said:

I think he will move in January I reckon. Where I don't know

He has been brought for last few minutes in 2 games out of his 11 appearance so far. He has plenty of time to show him what he can do. He was well support during his injuries including a new contract. 

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

That should be a given anyway and there is nothing whatsoever to say Dack hasn't bought into that.

He's being frozen out on orders from higher up the food chain more than likely and the head coach has to do the dirty work. 

The way some of you lot turn on players without any shred of evidence it's justified is embarrassing.

I would counter what you have put - unless you have actual evidence that he is being frozen out based on orders from "higher up the food chain". Bottom line, nobody knows if Dack is performing well in training - and importantly whether he is training to the new team pattern. It is interesting that for a number of youngsters that have made debuts - he always quotes how they understand the team structure.

• Like 2

This story is all over in Danish media as well, saying they had a big argument, shouting at each other during a training session just before Sunderland, which is why BD was not in the squad.

I recall there was a simular situation in Malmø. A couple of the players felt they were being frozen out with no explanation. One of them ( I think it was Rasmus Bengtsson) got into an argument with Jon at training. He never got to play for the club again.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Danishfan said:

This story is all over in Danish media as well, saying they had a big argument, shouting at each other during a training session just before Sunderland, which is why BD was not in the squad.

I recall there was a simular situation in Malmø. A couple of the players felt they were being frozen out with no explanation. One of them ( I think it was Rasmus Bengtsson) got into an argument with Jon at training. He never got to play for the club again.

Exactly how it should be tbf.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Danishfan said:

If a manager won't play a player after a tiff that's a bad sign. Whatever is best for the team should come above all else.

I suspect Venky's have indicated they wouldn't mind getting his wages off the books. Remember Ryan Nelsen 'wasn't fit' for months and then signed for Tottenham and was straight in the team. Happened with others too.

5 hours ago, Danishfan said:

I hope Bradley told him to go fuck himself.

Apparently due to his missus on social media and something she posted?

It's a difficult situation. Dack is well liked by fans, not sure JDT realises that fully. On the other hand I hate players and their associates posting on social media.

2 grown men, sort it. Doesn't appear to be having a negative effect on the other players.

5 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

If a manager won't play a player after a tiff that's a bad sign. Whatever is best for the team should come above all else.

I suspect Venky's have indicated they wouldn't mind getting his wages off the books. Remember Ryan Nelsen 'wasn't fit' for months and then signed for Tottenham and was straight in the team. Happened with others too.

That was 10 years ago and we were very different club then to now. 

I very much doubt finances have anything to do with but it's down to players form, training and performances in games. 

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Apparently due to his missus on social media and something she posted?

It's a difficult situation. Dack is well liked by fans, not sure JDT realises that fully. On the other hand I hate players and their associates posting on social media.

2 grown men, sort it. Doesn't appear to be having a negative effect on the other players.

I'm sure that JDT realises how much Rovers fans like Dack but he has to do what is the best thing for the team and at the minute that is without Dack. 

We won again today so no room for needless complaints but for me the struggle of that 2nd half highlighted yet again what we are missing that he could bring.

We simply will not get away with conceding over half the park every week and not killing games off.

Aside from Dacks absence JDT doesn't seem to be able to change it up when we are seriously wilting. He's literally just relying on the defence and keeper holding out then changing the front men when they have run themselves into the ground.

It's great whilst it's working but it won't last out much longer today was a great win and team performance but it was also a red flag.

• Like 3

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We won again today so no room for needless complaints but for me the struggle of that 2nd half highlighted yet again what we are missing that he could bring.

We simply will not get away with conceding over half the park every week and not killing games off.

Aside from Dacks absence JDT doesn't seem to be able to change it up when we are seriously wilting. He's literally just relying on the defence and keeper holding out then changing the front men when they have run themselves into the ground.

It's great whilst it's working but it won't last out much longer today was a great win and team performance but it was also a red flag.

For today specifically, I wouldn't have had Dack anywhere near it myself.

I do believe there's a place for him, but not games like today.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Unfortunately his bench options consist of Vale, Dolan and (when he's in the squad) Hirst.

Who do you bring on there to 'change it up'? We badly need a mobile striker in January. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tomphil said:

What would Dack have brought today? 

We need a striker with pace today. Gallagher and Brereton Diaz were shattered after 70 mins. Hopefully we can get Hirst confident soon so he can part of the squad going forward 

Dack gives an outlet to move the ball forward. He has the ability to make something happen and that is what we sorely miss.

And the club is very much the same place it was 10 years ago as the same people own it. All they've done is cost cutting year after year. Still, they've never refused to sign a cheque......

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a striker with pace today. Gallagher and Brereton Diaz were shattered after 70 mins. Hopefully we can get Hirst confident soon so he can part of the squad going forward 

Yep we need a striker with pace in January. I think you'll be waiting a long time if you're expecting Hirst to get good in the short time he's on loan though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

A foot on the ball, a killer pass, some more presence to give them something to think about. We allowed them to push us further and further back simply because we had nothing up there.

I agree a pacy striker or a target man is what this squad needs but we don't have them, we do though have Dack who is still one of the best players in this league.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

For today specifically, I wouldn't have had Dack anywhere near it myself.

I do believe there's a place for him, but not games like today.

I really can't see why not that second half was crying out for something different we ended up so much under the cosh for the second game in succession because there is nothing right where Dack should be.

Surely you aren't buying into this myth being peddled by some that he is now this immobile lump whose never chased a ball or run a channel since he came back ?

No guarantees he'd have made a difference obviously and i can always see the sense in Dolan coming on but Vale, no disrespect to the lad, shouldn't be near these games either.  

• Like 4

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I really can't see why not that second half was crying out for something different we ended up so much under the cosh for the second game in succession because there is nothing right where Dack should be.

Surely you aren't buying into this myth being peddled by some that he is now this immobile lump whose never chased a ball or run a channel since he came back ?

No guarantees he'd have made a difference obviously and i can always see the sense in Dolan coming on but Vale, no disrespect to the lad, shouldn't be near these games either.  

No, but in the performances he HAS had, he has noticeably not been involved in rough and tumble of a hard match.

It might be subconscious or deliberate, but I think his knee injuries have shied him away from attempting to ride tackles.

Just my perception, I could be way off.

• Like 2