BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JDT and Dack bust up

I am sure Dack isn't happy at not playing, and I think many on this MB have speculated he doesn't fit JDTs style and we may look to off load - so not really news.

I just hope we don't sell on the cheap - be interesting to see what the asking price would be. Even given injuries would personally be looking for £2m to 3m or even more linked to appearances

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

Not surprised sad for the state of affairs. He is an absolute gem of a player and the idea is that he feels he has done enough to be in the first team ahead of Smozdic and others. On talent alone yes I would agree Dack should be ahead, but it is the off the ball effort that Dack isn't known for which is what JDT expects. It must be hard to go from certified starter to playing in the under 21's. However, Diaz to me shows that you just get on with it and try your absolute best to put yourself in the right position to play. At the moment to me since the start of the season it has been quite public how Dack feels, and no one should be entitled to play in the starting 11 based off historical importance of the team. As sad it is for me to say, I would sale him, if we can get 2M raising to 3M based off performances that would be a good deal for all involved and go some way to paying back what we spent in the summer as well! 

• Like 1

Football Insider isn't the most reputable source, and imagine this story has been concocted using Twitter comments. Largely seems to be driven by his partner's Tweets.

I don't doubt things are tense and Dack isn't happy though, but don't think this is a 'new' development. I personally would love to see him back to his best here, but if that isn't possible then I hope he goes somewhere else and enjoys his football. He gave us some great times here and deserves to finish his career doing what he does best. Will always get a cheer from me.

I think he can offer something, but probably more often than not off the bench. And we can't really knock JDT not playing him when we win - his justification over the last week can simply be 6 points out of 6. 

• Like 3

If we're not going to use him we should get rid in January for us and for him. We get his wages off the books abd possibly a few extra pennys to spend  (I can't see us getting more than £1m though) and he gets to play again. I feel really sorry for him, he was on the verge of a move to the PL and the  all of a sudden he's lost 3 years of his career. 

We should atleast give him a few opportunities to put himself in the shop window. 

Edited by RoverDom

The is not a snowballs chance of getting anywhere near 2 million in January for Dack.

He will sit it out until end of contract, unless fees and wages are matched from elsewhere.

The player will do it the way he wants, the club and JDT can conive all they want.

I expect bad actors to continue with character distortion, pathetic welps.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

Been obvious from the off this has been on the cards.

Crazy to lose a player of his talent and replace him with cheaper water carriers but i guess with the injuries those upstairs have decided he's better off off our books asap.

The usual defenders of all things stupid will be along soon to defend the club.

• Like 1

I think Bradley Dack is one of the best "ballers" (to steal a cringey footballism) I have seen at Ewood since this lot came. Yet you can't help but feel this was inevitable.

I have to admit that when I read Mowbray's comments after the game my initial thoughts were that Dack had spoke out of place to him. And why did Mowbray say that in public? It was a bit of a low blow from Mowbray, to publicly out Dack for speaking to him about a matter that is clearly contentious. I think Mowbray is a wily figure and he knew exactly what he was doing.

This is not me blaming Mowbray at all but the comments now make a lot more sense. Dack busts up with JDT, his old coach comes in, and conversations are had. It is a tentative link but maybe there is something in it.

I would be gutted to see Dack go as he has gave us many happy memories but this is football. A new coach inevitably brings new ideas and if Dack doesn't fit into them then his wage is a waste. We need to get a good deal for him and move on if this is the case. He's had two terrible injuries and I hope he comes back the player he was, yet I don't want that hope to disrupt a squad that is doing well.

In an ideal world we could bring Dack in to score another 15 goals this year and shoot us to promotion but I haven't believed this will be the case for the last few weeks now. He isn't in the frame at all when you have Vale and Dolan trusted to come on over him.

If Dack goes I'd miss him terribly, always felt we can score when he's on the pitch. Been a t'riffic player for us and whoever does sign him is getting a fantastic goal scoring number 10 - not an easy feat in this league if you ask me.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

We should at least give him a few opportunities to put himself in the shop window. 

Only if it benefits the team Dom. We don't really owe Dack anything, he's been well looked after by the Rovers since he got that first bad injury and you could argue that TM/the club kept him out of prison as well. He'll not be short of offers, with the smart money being on Sunderland, for obvious reasons.

Older contributors will remember a similar situation involving a fans' favourite when Stuart Metcalfe fell out of favour of Howard Kendall. At the end of the day, no one player is bigger than the club (unless he's called Alan Shearer, but even then we still managed to win something after he had gone as well).

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

JDT best work out in the long run if we're considering letting the best footballer in the club go for cheap.

Didn't see much evidence of the 'high pressing attacking football' when we had an xG of 0.1 at Cardiff and scored 1 goal in 6 away games.

Suicidal decision.

Edited by Mellor Rover

IF they can get a fee for Dack now it would be a masterstroke IMO and 15k a week off the wage bill. Great servant for the club but the second cruciate was it. He will do a job somewhere else but we need to bring in players that fit the new model and offer longevity. If he was on 5k a week, fine keep him around.

It's not the running around that's been the issue it's the not using him at all when those who've been running around are knackared as are the opposition defenders.

There are several games recently where its been crying out for someone like him to come on. We have grafters up top which is good but they have shown they can't do it game in game playing twice a week. That's understandable but we need a plan B and we are so short on quality in the final third sometimes apart from BBD it's painful to see.

As for Mowbray he knows exactly what he's doing, sending a message to Sunderlands DOF.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

IF they can get a fee for Dack now it would be a masterstroke IMO and 15k a week off the wage bill. Great servant for the club but the second cruciate was it. He will do a job somewhere else but we need to bring in players that fit the new model and offer longevity. If he was on 5k a week, fine keep him around.

I look forward to the investment then in January, should still be in the promotion mix.  Absolute barmy decision to let him go and not bring in a replacement in Jan.....Let's see if these lads in charge have some bollocks....they'll need them if we are near top in Jan and they sell our most naturally talented player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I look forward to the investment then in January, should still be in the promotion mix.  Absolute barmy decision to let him go and not bring in a replacement in Jan.....Let's see if these lads in charge have some bollocks....they'll need them if we are near top in Jan and they sell our most naturally talented player.

I'm 100 percent not advocating letting Dack go, but he's not going to take much replacing if he isn't even getting on the pitch!

I hope that he'll be able to show his worth in the few chances he'll have before January and force his way back into the reckoning. Obviously seems very unlikely at present. 

• Like 1

That “story” is pretty nothingy… rumour, here say and social media nonsense. With our seasons form so far the Dack issue crops up and disappears on a game by game basis. Objectively you can’t really argue with Tomasson’s stance considering our league position. I’m sure he’s fed up and clearly there is something beyond ability ruling him out of the managers thinking.

I’ll be a little bit sad if he does go in January, but it seems it’s in the clubs terms so I won’t be furious like I was with the summer exodus. A bad patch and the questions will be asked again and louder though.

Oh, and his girlfriend is making the situation worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Just the media trying to stir up division and distration. Must be worried we are looking like promotion contenders

And Mowbray chucking in his tuppence worth after speaking to the media about Dack's metrics, something which Rovers have never gone public about. Mowbray is no doubt paving the way for Dack to join him in January perhaps at a knockdown fee.

• Like 2

The last time we  didnt lose a league game after going behind was at Coventry last year. Shocking first half before Dack came off the bench and changed the game. He offers something that no-one else in the squad really offers in terms being in the right place at the right time to be a goal threat.

I don't get why when we are behind in games (such as Luton and Wigan) he isnt the immediate go-to man to try and get a goal and get us back into the game. Factually, whatever JDT has done instead when we have gone behind hasnt worked as we have lost everytime it has happened this year.

Therefore Dack must be thinking "under what circmstances am I going to get on the pitch with enough time to make an influence". He's performed in the league cup games, and put on a highlights reel performance against Wolfsburg kids. JDT just doesnt fancy him.

The above is all factual. The opinion piece is why JDT doesnt fancy him. Either he thinks the other players have more ability and are better suited to changing the game. Or he would rather somebody else changed the game  than Dack incase it shows up his dedication to other players as being incorrect, and thus increasing the clamour for Dack to start. Personally I think it's the latter, which is why I think he is too stubborn in this situation to the detriment of the team.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The last time we  didnt lose a league game after going behind was at Coventry last year. Shocking first half before Dack came off the bench and changed the game. He offers something that no-one else in the squad really offers in terms being in the right place at the right time to be a goal threat.

I don't get why when we are behind in games (such as Luton and Wigan) he isnt the immediate go-to man to try and get a goal and get us back into the game. Factually, whatever JDT has done instead when we have gone behind hasnt worked as we have lost everytime it has happened this year.

Therefore Dack must be thinking "under what circmstances am I going to get on the pitch with enough time to make an influence". He's performed in the league cup games, and put on a highlights reel performance against Wolfsburg kids. JDT just doesnt fancy him.

The above is all factual. The opinion piece is why JDT doesnt fancy him. Either he thinks the other players have more ability and are better suited to changing the game. Or he would rather somebody else changed the game  than Dack incase it shows up his dedication to other players as being incorrect, and thus increasing the clamour for Dack to start. Personally I think it's the latter, which is why I think he is too stubborn in this situation to the detriment of the team.

Very good point on our inability to come back so far this season. He is a natural goalscorer and he makes things happen, even if he doesn't start he has to be on the bench.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I am sure Dack isn't happy at not playing, and I think many on this MB have speculated he doesn't fit JDTs style and we may look to off load - so not really news.

I just hope we don't sell on the cheap - be interesting to see what the asking price would be. Even given injuries would personally be looking for £2m to 3m or even more linked to appearances

It'll be about getting his wages off the wage bill too - I bet he's our best paid player. That'll give Broughton and JDT some flexibility - bet they can bring in two very good players for what Dack is on. 

• Like 2